Windows 10: very sloooooow boot up?

Discus and support very sloooooow boot up? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; is this normal? it takes about 3-5 minutes before the desktop shows up. during the wait, all i see is black screen. my startup programs are:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by waves, Aug 5, 2015.

1. waves Win User

very sloooooow boot up?

is this normal? it takes about 3-5 minutes before the desktop shows up. during the wait, all i see is black screen.

my startup programs are: synaptics touchpad enhancements, flux, an antivirus & a torrent client

:)

waves, Aug 5, 2015

2. SLOOOOOOW Windows 10

I would first check to make sure all drivers are updated, especially for hardware like your video card:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

See if any of the following helps with performance:

Tips for Speeding Up Windows 10 to Run Faster - groovyPost

If it doesn't, then you might want to consider rolling back to the previous version of Windows 10:

How
    to Use The Rollback Function in Windows 10 Creators Update and Earlier Versions of Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Aug 5, 2015
  3. smeck99 Win User
    OVI 'contacts' sync inferior to PC Suite's

[/i] btt

OVI SUITE is sloooooow. Latest version takes >10 times longer to sync (contacts only) than PC SUITE!

smeck99, Aug 5, 2015
  4. waves Win User

very sloooooow boot up?

nvm i enabled fast startup and it booted in like 10 secs

waves, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

very sloooooow boot up?

1. very sloooooow boot up? - Similar Threads - very sloooooow boot

2. Very slow Win 10 boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow Win 10 boot up: I am runing Win 10, my PC is 6 yrs old, but now it takes 4 minutes to boot up before I get my log in screen. Does anyone know how I can speed up this process, other than buying a new PC....
  3. Very slow Win 10 boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very slow Win 10 boot up: I am runing Win 10, my PC is 6 yrs old, but now it takes 4 minutes to boot up before I get my log in screen. Does anyone know how I can speed up this process, other than buying a new PC....
  4. Very slow Win 10 boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Very, Very, Very, Slow Boot Up When External Hard Drives Are Attached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very, Very, Very, Slow Boot Up When External Hard Drives Are Attached: Lately, my computer will not boot up when my external hard drives are attached. And sometimes even when they are not, I can't boot up without turning the computer on and off until I go to create a restore point. This shouldn't happen and I am wondering if it is the Windows...
  6. Very, Very, Very, Slow Boot Up When External Hard Drives Are Attached

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very, Very, Very, Slow Boot Up When External Hard Drives Are Attached: Lately, my computer will not boot up when my external hard drives are attached. And sometimes even when they are not, I can't boot up without turning the computer on and off until I go to create a restore point. This shouldn't happen and I am wondering if it is the Windows...
  7. Very slow boot up

Very slow boot up: Hello, I recently updated my windows 10 to its latest version, but after I updated it, my pc began to boot up so very slow. It would take up to less than an hour or 30 mins. I already tried doing what I had read in this article...
  8. Very long booting up the laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Very long booting up the laptop: Hello, I have a problem. Yesterday I installed realtek sound drivers and the laptop started to boot for a very long time. I tried to install again but it didn't work, I tried from another side, the same result. So I reset my laptop to factory settings. It took a long time to...
  9. Boot is very slow

Boot is very slow: Hi I have a problem with my PC. I've recently updated my windows using windows settings.Everything is fine but my PC boots very slow after updating. I disabled apps with high impact in startup settings and I also reset my PC but nothing changed. I changed the boot...
  10. Very slow boot up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow boot up: For a couple of months now my computer has been booting up very slowly, and by this i mean 2 to 5 min. I have spent much of the time since this started researching what is causing it. I cant seem to find anyone else who has the same problem as most people crash where as i...