Windows 10: Very slow 45 min Boot

Discus and support Very slow 45 min Boot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Have run 4 times SFC and keeps finding errors. Can you help me determine what to do? Upgraded from win 7 Pro x64 to Win 10 Pro 10 days ago,, first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FlashTv, Aug 30, 2015.

1. FlashTv Win User

Very slow 45 min Boot

Have run 4 times SFC and keeps finding errors. Can you help me determine what to do?

Upgraded from win 7 Pro x64 to Win 10 Pro 10 days ago,, first week startup was perfect, then something happened, an upgrade or external program, don't know.

Have read in other forums to run DSIM.exe and found some errors, but didn't know what to do..
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /startComponentCleanup

I'm attaching SFC log

FastStartup and hibernate on option are checked since the beginning

Regards.

:)

FlashTv, Aug 30, 2015

2. How can I transfer an 8GB video recording from my Lumia 920? Only 4GB gets transferred.

I can confirm this issue, very annoying. I recorded a 45-min long presentation and can't share it with the colleagues, what a shame.

Kirill Berezin, Aug 30, 2015
  3. noia maps on nokia 5800

hi,

what cjlim said was exactly true....

all u need more is a little bit of patience....

it takes more time may be about 45 min for phone to find satellite for the 1st time...

later it will position very fast may be even within 1 min.

clear view of sky is very important...

mridulgirish, Aug 30, 2015
  4. moondoggy Win User

Very slow 45 min Boot

The SFC log is very cryptic and there's a lot of data to wade through. I would recommend that you download SFCFIX.EXE from http://thetechcookbook.com/automatic...ir-sfcfix-exe/ and run it. I've used SFCFIX before when I had some SCANNOW errors and it sifted thru the cryptic details and simply applied the fix for me. Hope this helps you.

moondoggy, Aug 30, 2015
  5. FlashTv Win User
    Thanks,, just did it and strangely did not show any errors..

Will try to test this that I’ve found in this forum: (Will advise later...)

->Download a copy of the windows 10 iso at Windows 10 choose 32/64 bit depending on your system
    -> I then mounted this using windows 10 double clicking the iso puts it on a new drive letter
    ->In the mounted iso file find sources\install.wim this is in a strange esd format
    ->install NT lite add your install.wim(esd) file and convert it into a wim file place it somewhere on your harddrive I found making a easy to type path useful for later
    ->Start run cmd as admin
    -> Enter Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup into the cmd window making sure you are using cmd as admin and wait
    ->Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:Path:1 /limitaccess
    Path being the complete path to the wim file like mine was e:\sources\install.wim

FlashTv, Aug 30, 2015
  6. moondoggy Win User
    Hmmm. It seemed to me that when you run SFC /SCANNOW from an elevated command prompt (i.e. opened and run as an administrator) it would generate a a log file but it would tell you on screen that you had errors. The SCFFIX program should find the log file and do it's business from what I remember. I do know that you need to run the SFC command from an elevated command windows or it won't show any results. Hope tis helps.

moondoggy, Aug 30, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    Hi FlashTv,

It seems there is 1 file causing troubles.
    Please try the following:Open an admin command prompt
    Copy/paste sfc/scannow
    Reboot
    Open an admin command prompt
    Enter sfc/scannow againSee if the message from sfc is "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation"
    If the message is different, try sfc, reboot, sfc, a few times.

After you have tried this a couple of times and the message is still not "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation", copy/paste the following command "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth"

Very slow 45 min Boot [​IMG]
    Note If SFC (system file check) has found a/some violation(s) you need to reboot in order for SFC to try to fix the problems.
    If SFC can't fix the problems after a couple of tries, then you can try the dism commands, earlier is not necessary

8. FlashTv Win User

Very slow 45 min Boot

Axe0,, you areCorrect,, did 2 times SFC with reboots, now there are NO errors on the scanning.. BUT something is wrong.. it still taking 30 minutes to startup.. 30 minutes with the window logo and moving circles, as soon as the login screen appears,, the computer runs perfectly..

If I do a reboot, takes les than 2 minutes to startup.. Its only when I do shutdown ans starts up again..

any advise, solution to try?

NEW info,, after 15 minutes of moving circles it shows a light blue screen - A problem has found and needs to reboot - (something similar) after this reboot, it took 2 min to startup.

any HELP!!!

Thanks!!!

FlashTv, Aug 31, 2015
  9. moondoggy Win User
    I would suggest that you download a program called Windows Repair found at Tweaking.com. Once you have it installed run it twice in safe mode as the product suggests and see if that doesn't improve things.

I could not upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and a Microsoft tier 2 support tech remote controlled my PC and ran this utility. When He finished I was able to upgrade to Windows 10. I also ran this on my Windows 10 system and it found a number of things wrong and fixed them. When I was performing a cold boot my screen would go black for 16 or more seconds between the splash screen and the login screen. After I ran Windows Repair, the black screen is only displayed for less than 1 second. Not saying that it will help you out but there are more things that can go wrong that are related to permissions and settings. I ran SFC many times on my PC before running Windows Repair and nothing was identified as being in error but Windows Repair sure found a lot.

moondoggy, Aug 31, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    Please do the following:

• Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked

See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.

11. Could be SATA driver related, once it was upgraded, it might have resulted in this.
    I wold check SATA driver and if there is Roll-back enabled, use it and restart.

You could also try those commands, but they are more or less just cosmetic:

fsutil usn deletejournal /d /n c:
    fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\
    Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase

TairikuOkami, Aug 31, 2015
  12. AlterEgo Win User
    Has anyone solved this issue?

AlterEgo, Dec 23, 2015
  13. eLPuSHeR Win User

Very slow 45 min Boot

I would back up my personal files and do a clean installation. Download latest ISO with the MS Media Creation Tool.

eLPuSHeR, Dec 24, 2015
  14. waynerr Win User
    I am replying to this thread out of frustration. I have not much useful information to add except to say the problem still exists out here. I ask, Has anyone come up with a solution to this problem ?

Wayne

waynerr, Jun 6, 2016
  15. axe0 New Member
    Hi Wayne,

Unfortunately this isn't a problem where a general solution exists for, there are many different solutions for different users and not all of them may work for many.
    For this reason I ask that you create a new thread, also because this thread is months old.

Thema:

Very slow 45 min Boot

1. Very slow 45 min Boot - Similar Threads - Very slow min

2. Booting is very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Booting is very slow: Hello, My laptop taking around 6-7 minutes to boot. I have tried all possible fix like reinstall of Windows with both local install and cloud download , Disk cleanup and defragment, switching off superfetch, turned off hibernation, cleaning up registry editor. Nothing worked...
  3. Booting is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting is very slow: Hello, My laptop taking around 6-7 minutes to boot. I have tried all possible fix like reinstall of Windows with both local install and cloud download , Disk cleanup and defragment, switching off superfetch, turned off hibernation, cleaning up registry editor. Nothing worked...
  4. Very slow boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very slow boot: Hello! My laptop needs 7 minutes to boot up and start. It also has an i5 so it should be faster, I tried almost everything to make it faster but it didn't work. What should I do to fix this issue. Thanks! submitted by /u/Comfortable-Push-379 [link] [comments]...
  5. very slow boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    very slow boot: Hello everyone.. I have a lenovo l340 with the following specs: i5 9300h, GTX 1650 4GB, 8GB single channel ram, 1TB HDD, winodws 10 pro 20h2. my problem is that whenever I try to shut it down or restart or boot it, it takes a very long time, sometimes it takes up to 5 minutes...
  6. Boot is very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot is very slow: Hi I have a problem with my PC. I've recently updated my windows using windows settings.Everything is fine but my PC boots very slow after updating. I disabled apps with high impact in startup settings and I also reset my PC but nothing changed. I changed the boot...
  7. Very Slow to Boot

Very Slow to Boot: Hi, since the latest upgrade to Windows 10 1803, my computer is taking approximately four to five times longer to boot, than before. Is this normal? 110711
  8. Very Slow Boot

Very Slow Boot: Until yesterday (New Updates) i have Very Slow Boot and Installed Applications needs so much time to opens. I have Intel Core i5 4670K, SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250GB and 8 GB RAM. Yesterday Computer works normally until today. 9131
  9. Very slow boot

Very slow boot: Please help me for this..I have problem with boot. Its very slow. Windows 8 open very fast. Now show me one black screen then welcome screen and then open..But its slow. Maybe its isue from BIOS boot settings ? 66245
  10. Very Slow Boot

Very Slow Boot: I do have Dell Inspiron 3542 laptop. I have dual booted my laptop with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 15. My Windows 10 boots very very slow. First it shows me windows sign and loading screen then it goes "blank" for like 1 minute and then comes the login screen. After...