Windows 10: Very slow boot and general overall low speed.

Discus and support Very slow boot and general overall low speed. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Several people kindly tried to help when I first asked in the thread Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts. but, understandably, ran out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Syncopator, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Very slow boot and general overall low speed.

Several people kindly tried to help when I first asked in the thread Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts. but, understandably, ran out of patience.

The problem still exists.

The system is now Windows 1803 (OS Build 17134.165)

The computer takes almost 3 minutes from switch-on to displaying the desktop, and another 45 seconds for the audible indication that this has happened.

After that there is 4 minutes during which the disc activity l.e.d. is continuously flashing.

Since my first post I have installed iolo's System Mechanic. It hasn't discovered anything untoward. I have also received email from haveibeenpwned.com telling me that "You signed up for notifications when your account was pwned in a data breach and unfortunately, it's happened. Here's what's known about the breach:"

While that is of some interest, it does nothing to say what should be done about it.

It mentioned Pemiblanc. And further on it promotes https://1password.com/.

I use Roboform and see no reason to change, unless, of course, you know different.

Apart from re-installing the operating system is there any other way to solve this problem?

:)

Syncopator, Jul 12, 2018

2. Microsoft store download speeds and windows 10 app load speeds are very slow

Hi Riel,

Reuben

ReubenFaleiro, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Microsoft store download speeds and windows 10 app load speeds are very slow

Thank you for your reply.

Some users have reported that they're experiencing some computer issues after installing KB4074588. In this case, we suggest uninstalling the said update by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Update & security.
    • Click Update history.
    • Under Update history, click Uninstall updates.
    • Highlight KB4074588, then click Uninstall (beside Organize).

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Very slow boot and general overall low speed.

Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Very slow boot and general overall low speed.

1. Very slow boot and general overall low speed. - Similar Threads - Very slow boot

2. Very low internet upload speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very low internet upload speed: My intenet upload speed is very slow. Its 0.12mbps. Download is good at 149.8MbpsCan anyone help a complete novice please. I would apprecaite step by step instructions if possiblemany thanks!...
  3. Very low internet upload speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very low internet upload speed: My intenet upload speed is very slow. Its 0.12mbps. Download is good at 149.8MbpsCan anyone help a complete novice please. I would apprecaite step by step instructions if possiblemany thanks!...
  4. Very low internet upload speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Overall download speeds are extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Overall download speeds are extremely slow.: When I try to download games, the speeds are around 1-3mb/s, this is consistent with all the launchers I tested. When downloading files from the web, it's around 100kb/s. I did an internet test and I got around 10mb/s on both download and upload. On another pc it's 60mb/s and...
  6. Overall download speeds are extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Overall download speeds are extremely slow.: When I try to download games, the speeds are around 1-3mb/s, this is consistent with all the launchers I tested. When downloading files from the web, it's around 100kb/s. I did an internet test and I got around 10mb/s on both download and upload. On another pc it's 60mb/s and...
  7. Overall download speeds are extremely slow.

8. Download speed very low

Download speed very low: For about a month or two now my download/upload speed has been beyond bad. Yesterday my download speed was 0.30 mbps, I have no clue why it would be running so terribly all of the sudden but it's almost unbearable. I use a TL-WN725 Wifi Adapter, I've updated my drivers and...
  9. 10Gbe Ethernet: Very low throughput / slow transfer speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    10Gbe Ethernet: Very low throughput / slow transfer speed: Hi there, I recently added a Intel X550-T1 NIC to my Windows machine. Now after doing some tests I noticed the throughput is only about 2.5 GBits/s (using iperf3 for testing). Same test performed using an Ubuntu Live Boot Stick yielded me a throughput of about 9 GBits/s....
  10. File extracting speed is very low

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File extracting speed is very low: I'm using asus gaming laptop with i5 8th gen. 512 ssd and 8gb ram. I'm trying to extract a file, but its speed is very slow. I'm not running any other app....