Windows 10: Very Slow Boot on Windows 10

Discus and support Very Slow Boot on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi Guys I have been reading similar threads regarding slow boot on Windows 10, and i was advised to start a new thread. I was having the same problem,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bluemoon4ever, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Very Slow Boot on Windows 10

Hi Guys
    I have been reading similar threads regarding slow boot on Windows 10, and i was advised to start a new thread.
    I was having the same problem, and tried pretty much all the 'fixes' recommended in the other threads.My Lenovo ideapad 305 was taking over 7 minutes to boot into Windows. 2 minutes to reach the bootmenu, then a further 5 minutes for Windows Explorer to start ... So i decided to do a Repair Install with an 'in-place upgrade' recommended by Shawn Brink in another thread. This took approx 2 hours to complete, but now my boot time has halved to just under 4 minutes.I know that its not fast, but its twice as fast as it used to be lol. But it still takes 50 seconds for the Windows boot menu to load, then a further 2 minutes to get to the login screen, then another 2 minutes to finally load Windows. I dont know when this problem first arose as i hardly turn off my laptop, but any further ideas would be appreciated.

:)

bluemoon4ever, Jul 15, 2018
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jul 15, 2018
  3. scevism Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

Just done a fresh install of windows 10. Still got the same problem.
    Turn pc on from cold or a restart. Hangs on the win boot logo for a minute or so then boots in to the desktop
    cant work it out why its so slow to boot up? any ideas*Mad Very Slow Boot on Windows 10 :mad:

scevism, Jul 15, 2018
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Very Slow Boot on Windows 10

windows 10 slow boot

To add to what @Drone said, W10 still does not seem to like power-saving features in BIOS, and doesn't seem to like the "fast start" option in Windows, which ironically makes it faster without that option.

rtwjunkie, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

Very Slow Boot on Windows 10

1. Very Slow Boot on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Very Slow Boot

2. Booting is very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Booting is very slow: Hello, My laptop taking around 6-7 minutes to boot. I have tried all possible fix like reinstall of Windows with both local install and cloud download , Disk cleanup and defragment, switching off superfetch, turned off hibernation, cleaning up registry editor. Nothing worked...
  3. Booting is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting is very slow: Hello, My laptop taking around 6-7 minutes to boot. I have tried all possible fix like reinstall of Windows with both local install and cloud download , Disk cleanup and defragment, switching off superfetch, turned off hibernation, cleaning up registry editor. Nothing worked...
  4. Windows 10 Boot Very Slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Boot Very Slow: I installed windows 10 on my laptop yesterday and Booted it. It literally took 1 and a half hour just to boot and show the desktop. I thought it was only for the first time but no.. I started it for like 15 times now but still it takes 1 hr just to boot. At first it shows a...
  5. Windows 10 very slow boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 very slow boot: Windows 10 version number 2004 (OS build: 19041.804) Hello, I have been experiencing a very slow boot for my laptop for some time now, where in a good day it takes around 20-30 minutes but sometimes it can take even 2 hours! The laptop stays in black screen for that time...
  6. Boot is very slow

Boot is very slow: Hi I have a problem with my PC. I've recently updated my windows using windows settings.Everything is fine but my PC boots very slow after updating. I disabled apps with high impact in startup settings and I also reset my PC but nothing changed. I changed the boot...
  7. Windows very slow to boot

Windows very slow to boot: Hello, I just upgraded my processor/motherboard/ram to Ryzen 7 1800x, Aorus X470, 16 GB ram. I have a GTX 1080 Ti. When I restart my computer, it loads very very slow. It gets stuck on the screenshot below for 3+ mins. I have multiple SSD drives installed and figured it...
  8. Very Slow to Boot

Very Slow to Boot: Hi, since the latest upgrade to Windows 10 1803, my computer is taking approximately four to five times longer to boot, than before. Is this normal? 110711
  9. Very Slow Boot

Very Slow Boot: Until yesterday (New Updates) i have Very Slow Boot and Installed Applications needs so much time to opens. I have Intel Core i5 4670K, SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250GB and 8 GB RAM. Yesterday Computer works normally until today. 9131
  10. Very slow boot

Very slow boot: Please help me for this..I have problem with boot. Its very slow. Windows 8 open very fast. Now show me one black screen then welcome screen and then open..But its slow. Maybe its isue from BIOS boot settings ? 66245