Windows 10: Very slow boot-up time (over three minutes)

Discus and support Very slow boot-up time (over three minutes) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My windows 10 Pro, 64bit (SSD 240G) was working fine, until recently (a month or two ago), when booting became extremely slow: during system boot-up it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GarySt, May 12, 2018.

1. GarySt Win User

Very slow boot-up time (over three minutes)

My windows 10 Pro, 64bit (SSD 240G) was working fine, until recently (a month or two ago), when booting became extremely slow: during system boot-up it gets about two minutes stuck in the black (Lenovo) screen (with some white dots moving around I think).

I've tried to fix the problem working out some solution I've read concerning the registry, but another problem came about: searching the registry gets stuck as well! (It takes more than a minute, and so I simply stopped the search).

Please some advice. I didn't find any new help online about this problem (only things from 2015/16).

Thanks,
    - Gary

:)

GarySt, May 12, 2018

2. Slow Start up and Boot time

After installing Windows 10 the start up and boot time went from 50sec with windows 8.1 to over 4 minutes with Windows 10. After turning on the computer a blue screen appears for approx 2 minutes before the system starts to boot. Booting takes another
    2-3 minutes. I have made many of the changes suggested with no results. Any help would be appreciated.

zanesfield, May 22, 2018
  3. Andre_Bd Win User
    Suspension/Boot/Restart times very slow

I have an ASUS K550, I installed Windows 10 on day one and I am experiencing problems any time I have to wake up the PC from almost any state (except for hibernation).

Boot time: at first boot was quite slow, about one minute. Looking around, some website suggested to install the last version of the video card driver (mine is a Nvidia GTX 950) to fix this. This solved the problem, but only temporarily, because every time
    a driver is updated, Windows is updated or a new program is installed i have to re-install the video card driver to keep a decent boot time (25 seconds). In addition, 10 of these 25 seconds are taken by the loading after login, which should be quite instantaneous.

Restart: is slow, about one minute, and does not seem affected by video card driver.

Wake up from suspension seems actually a restart, but takes even more than a full restart (not so much less than two minutes).

I have already tried tha troubleshooter, without any result.

Power troubleshooter was actually quite hilarious, because it fixed a "too long time to suspend PC" ... indeed, suspension took one second before and now is instantaneous, but certainly this was not among my concerns.

I really hope somebody can help me.

Thank you in advance

Andre_Bd, May 22, 2018
Thema:

Very slow boot-up time (over three minutes)

1. Very slow boot-up time (over three minutes) - Similar Threads - Very slow boot

2. Very slow booting and shutting down (tens of minutes)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow booting and shutting down (tens of minutes): When I turn off the computer, it takes appr 7 minutes(!) to show booting screen with an option to enter BIOS. During those 7 minutes, there is only a black screen with static (not blinking) underscore symbol. After those 9 minutes, the computer boots additional 2 minutes....
  3. Very slow booting and shutting down (tens of minutes)

in Windows 10 Support
    Very slow booting and shutting down (tens of minutes): When I turn off the computer, it takes appr 7 minutes(!) to show booting screen with an option to enter BIOS. During those 7 minutes, there is only a black screen with static (not blinking) underscore symbol. After those 9 minutes, the computer boots additional 2 minutes....
  4. Very slow boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very slow boot up: Hello, I recently updated my windows 10 to its latest version, but after I updated it, my pc began to boot up so very slow. It would take up to less than an hour or 30 mins. I already tried doing what I had read in this article...
  5. Very Slow Boot up Time (almost 3 minutes) Lenovo Desktop A340

Very Slow Boot up Time (almost 3 minutes) Lenovo Desktop A340: Hello I just bought a Lenovo A340 desktop computer yesterday and I have updated everything. Every time i had to reset the computer , the boot up time is ridiculous ( it takes about 3 minutes or so ) Could someone be kind enough to guide me how to speed it up? I am...
  6. Very slow boot time

Very slow boot time: I have a sony vaio 500hdd 4gb ram i5 processor ,my problem is it takes for ever to start up ,when i start the laptop the windows logo comes up then takes ages to get to the please wait screen then takes ages again to get to the user welcome screen then i wait ages for the...
  7. Very slow boot time

in Windows 10 Support
    Very slow boot time: I have a sony vaio 500hdd 4gb ram i5 processor ,my problem is it takes for ever to start up ,when i start the laptop the windows logo comes up then takes ages to get to the please wait screen then takes ages again to get to the user welcome screen then i wait ages for the...
  8. Very slow boot up

Very slow boot up: For a couple of months now my computer has been booting up very slowly, and by this i mean 2 to 5 min. I have spent much of the time since this started researching what is causing it. I cant seem to find anyone else who has the same problem as most people crash where as i...
  9. Boot time very slow with SSD

Boot time very slow with SSD: I have Windows 10 with the latest updates, my hardware is: i5-6600k running at 4.4GHZ and 1.3v Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD 8GB RAM Z170-HD3 RX 480 4GB I'm on windows 10 1703 My boot time has recently been extremely slow (almost 2 minutes) Interestingly Windows boot...
  10. Lenovo Ideapad 510 very slow boot up time

Lenovo Ideapad 510 very slow boot up time: I have recently purchased a lenovo laptop with config i5 7200u, 8 gigs of ram, 1 tb 5400 rpm hard drive, 4 gb of nvidia 940 mx graphics and windows 10 Home pre installed. When ever i turn on my laptop it takes 3 minutes to boot up completely after i enter the password. Is...