Windows 10: Very slow bootup after Windows 10 upgrade from 7

Discus and support Very slow bootup after Windows 10 upgrade from 7 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I did the Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 couple days back via the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant downloaded from the Microsoft Window 10 upgrade site.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lockwood, Jul 29, 2016.

1. lockwood Win User

Very slow bootup after Windows 10 upgrade from 7

I did the Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 couple days back via the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant downloaded from the Microsoft Window 10 upgrade site.

After the upgrade, my boot up time has dramatically increased, whether it be from a cold start or from a restart. It would be stuck at the screen with the Windows logo with the spinning dots for at least 5 minutes before the logon screen appears, compared to the 30 seconds boot when I was running Windows 7.

I've been trying to find a solution for this on this forum and elsewhere. Things that I have tried that have not worked:

- Updated everything possible through Windows Update
    - Disabling almost every Startup service in Task Manager
    - Disabling Intel Management Engine driver in my Device Manager (apparently causes some issues with boot)
    - Updating Intel Management Engine driver
    - Disabling or enabling fast boot under power settings
    - Flashing my motherboard bios to latest iteration

I'm at a loss now, would anybody be able to help me pinpoint what's causing the slow boot?

This are my system specs, if it helps:
    - Intel i7-5820k
    - Asus X99-A/USB 3.1
    - 32 GB DDR4 RAM
    - NVIDIA GTX 960
    - Samsung SSD EVO 250 GB (boot disk)
    - Samsung 500 GB HDD
    - Seagate 500 GB HDD

:)

lockwood, Jul 29, 2016

2. windows 10 slow to sart

after upgrade from windows 7 10 is very slow to start any help would be appreciated.

ColinThorogood, Jul 29, 2016
  3. Windows 10 pro insider preview takes time to boot up

i recently upgrade from windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro build 10166, after ugrading my system takes alot of time to bootup and when it does boot it's slow.

if i were to upgrade to a full copy of windows would it increase the speed?

how much data would the update require?

if i update using the windows media tool would it upgrade directly to win10 pro?

is there like a key i can use to upgrade directly to win10 pro

Abdulhameed007, Jul 29, 2016
Thema:

Very slow bootup after Windows 10 upgrade from 7

1. Very slow bootup after Windows 10 upgrade from 7 - Similar Threads - Very slow bootup

2. windows 7 very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 7 very slow: Hellosince a days ago and Windows 7 became very very slow .Please try to help to be fast same before .Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-very-slow/8c7eef1f-0ee4-4794-974d-28d9d5053970
  3. windows 7 very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 7 very slow: Hellosince a days ago and Windows 7 became very very slow .Please try to help to be fast same before .Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-very-slow/8c7eef1f-0ee4-4794-974d-28d9d5053970
  4. after upgrading from win 7 to win 10 my device is very slow and the bluetooth driver is not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    after upgrading from win 7 to win 10 my device is very slow and the bluetooth driver is not...: after upgrading from win 7 to win 10 my device is very slow and the bluetooth driver is not installed plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-upgrading-from-win-7-to-win-10-my-device-is/102dac71-7bbf-4d7c-9d9a-c28e50983037
  5. after upgrading from win 7 to win 10 my device is very slow and the bluetooth driver is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after upgrading from win 7 to win 10 my device is very slow and the bluetooth driver is not...: after upgrading from win 7 to win 10 my device is very slow and the bluetooth driver is not installed plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-upgrading-from-win-7-to-win-10-my-device-is/102dac71-7bbf-4d7c-9d9a-c28e50983037
  6. after upgrading from win 7 to win 10 my device is very slow and the bluetooth driver is not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My PC's bootup is VERY SLOW...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC's bootup is VERY SLOW...: I have an Acer laptop. When I start my PC it boot ups very slow. It takes approximately 3 minutes just to get me to sign in screen. In beginning Acer logo comes with loading sign for approx 1 minute, after that blank screen for some seconds and after that windows screen...
  8. windows 10 very slow before and after upgrades

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 very slow before and after upgrades: In the last few days my pc has become very slow. Several restarts, all take a long time. Very occasionally bursts into life. Today did latest update, seemed to improve, now as bad as ever. Advice please...
  9. Excrutiatingly slow computer after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excrutiatingly slow computer after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7: Hello! I purchased my FX6840-03e many years ago, and it had Win 7 Home Premium on it. (The only hardware I've changed is the graphics card. I went from a ATI Radeon HD 5770 to an XFX 7850 Core Edition.) Earlier this year, I decided to upgrade to Win 10, because a game I...
  10. VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10: Can anybody solve this one? After upgrading to Ten, my Internet speed plunged from 18 MBPS down to barely over 1 MBPS. It's specific to Windows 10, and here's I know: I reverted back to Windows 8.1 and my net speed returned to normal. A week later, I upgraded to Ten again...