Windows 10: Very slow computer with high end CPU and lots of RAM

Discus and support Very slow computer with high end CPU and lots of RAM in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a very big issue with Windows 10. Sometimes I feel that it is even slower than my Android phone with a small Snapdragon CPU. My CPU is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PquChr, Jul 29, 2018.

1. PquChr Win User

Very slow computer with high end CPU and lots of RAM

Hello,

I have a very big issue with Windows 10. Sometimes I feel that it is even slower than my Android phone with a small Snapdragon CPU.

My CPU is 6-7 years old but is still more capable than a lot of junk CPUs on the market. Here is my configuration :

Core i7 2960XM

32GB of DDR3 RAM

128GB SSD with 300MB r/w speed

Screen resolution : 1680*1080 (4/3 screen)

I feel Windows 10 is very very sluggish with this computer, it is slower than netbooks and the framerarate of the UI is clearly below 20 fps. Maybe even 10. I can see all the UI drawing piece by piece.

The real problem is the CPU usage. The CPU usage in task manager is constantly at 20% and the power consuption in CPU-Z is 20w in ... IDLE !

I just can't understand. The fan of the laptop is constantly turning on and the laptop is very hot.

What is the damn problem with Windows 10 ? Is it a virus or something like this ? How to find which process is using the 20% because in the "details" section of task manager the CPU usage doesn't sum up !

I disabled all Windows Defender related features. No Windows Defender. I have 32GB of RAM so not a RAM problem.

I don't know if I have to remove Windows 10 (it is a 100% fresh install) and go back to 7 or even Linux, but I am using some specific software not available on Linux.

Thank you

:)

PquChr, Jul 29, 2018

2. audiodg.exe using a lot of RAM and CPU

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?
    • Do you get any error code or error message while startup?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    Audiodg.exe [Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation] file hosts the audio engine for the operating system. So, this file is utilized for all the
    audio processing and Digital Signal Processing (DSP). Vendors are able to install their own DSP and audio effects into the audio pipeline, which are then processed by audiodg.exe.

In order to fix the high CPU usage, disable the audio enhancements processed by the audiodg.exe file. To disable the audio enhancements, try the following steps:

• Right-click the speaker icon in the right-hand notification area on the taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices from the menu. A list of devices should appear on the screen.
    • Double-click the device that has a green checkmark. The properties windows for that device should open.
    • Click the Enhancements tab at the top.
    • From the list of enhancements, uncheck all of them, or click the Disable all enhancements
      checkbox.
    • Click the OK button to save your changes and close the window.
    • Click OK to close the Playback Devices window.
    I also suggest you use Resource Monitor to monitor CPU usage.

Resource Monitor is a tool that you can use to monitor the usage of CPU, hard disk, network, and memory in real time.

You can use the Performance tab in Task Manager to see how your computer's CPU is being used by Windows and other programs running on your computer.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 29, 2018
  3. RAM leaks and high CPU usage

Sorry to seem so negative, folks, but am I the only one who thinks it's disgraceful that the onus seems continually to be on users to fix the ridiculous RAM leaks and high CPU usage problems that were caused by the Fall 2017 Creators Update?

I received the Creators Update for Windows 10 Pro near the end of the year -- not surprisingly, since I'm currently living in eastern Europe. Installation went smoothly, but from the outset, I began experiencing significantly higher RAM and CPU usage. These
    were issues that I'd not experienced before. I did a bit of research, and discovered that the errors don't really seem to depend on system hardware or idiosyncratic configurations. Instead, the problems appear to lie clearly with the update itself.

I'm lucky enough to have a very robust system: i7 Haswell-E 5820, factory overclocked and liquid-cooled; 32 GB of RAM; GTX-980; fast SSD as my program drive, etc. I also have a Rainmeter skin that shows me RAM and CPU usage in real time. On boot, I used
    to see only about 2.25 GB of RAM being used; CPU would settle to 1-2%. Since the Creators Update, RAM usage on boot is routinely from a low of about 4.25 GB to as much as 7.5 GB, and CPU usage regularly shows prolonged inexplicable intervals of 20 - 35% usage,
    and occasionally even more.

I've tried the various suggested measures to alleviate the problems, with minimal (and only temporary) success at best. I've had no success at all in trying to get information directly from Microsoft through Support. It's worth noting that all the various
    suggestions to deal with these problems involving taking steps to cripple Windows functionality in order to reduce system overheads, thereby depriving users of some of the very benefits the OS is supposed to provide. Microsoft doesn't seem to be bothered by
    that; in fact, it seem quite content to allow users to flounder around in the mess created by the update.

Does anyone have a definitive solution for the RAM leakage and CPU usage problems (short of turning to an alternative OS)? Is there any word as to whether Microsoft will address these problems soon?

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

FlatPicker, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Very slow computer with high end CPU and lots of RAM

My cpu and ram usage is very high!

Sometimes my cpu and ram usage goes very high.

System(ntoskml.exe) and svhost(netvcs) use high ram.Once it reach 950 mb of my total 2gb ram.It has become difficult to use my pc (it is already old).Please Help me to prevent this high usage

Windows10xl, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

Very slow computer with high end CPU and lots of RAM

1. Very slow computer with high end CPU and lots of RAM - Similar Threads - Very slow computer

2. Constant VERY high CPU and RAM utilization of Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant VERY high CPU and RAM utilization of Windows Explorer: I have tried the following Rescheduling work for Windows Defender see https://geeksadvice.com/how-to-fix-antimalware-service-executable-high-cpu-usage-on-windows/ Restarting Windows Explorer process Closing OneDrive application Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Installed on...
  3. Ram and CPU usage is very high

Ram and CPU usage is very high: Task Manager shows that My account is using 2GB while in Performance Tab Its telling me I'm Using 9GB of 12GB Please help. I tried restarting but it never works. While the CPU usage is DOUBLED, I use 20% it tells me im using 40% im using 50% it tells me 100% and crashes all...
  4. CPU very slow?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU very slow?: Hello! I noticed that when I'm doing anything thats not just browsing the internet, such as when I'm playing games or watching a stream, my CPU speed drops to 0.78hertz, and everything becomes slow and clunky. I have tried everything I have seen so far online, nothing works....
  5. High cpu and ram usage

High cpu and ram usage: pc lags and my cpu usage is on 90 precent while just watching youtube vids when i open task manager it slowly drops down when i close it it happens again wtf is going on can anyone help me? submitted by /u/nika105 [link] [comments]...
  6. High CPU and ram usage

High CPU and ram usage: pc lags and my cpu usage is on 90 precent while just watching youtube vids when i open task manager it slowly drops down when i close it it happens again wtf is going on can anyone help me? submitted by /u/N_1_K_A [link] [comments]...
  7. Cpu usage very high

Cpu usage very high: My computer is fairly new, 16 gb of ram, decent computer overall, however I can barely run any game or even go on the internet because my cpu and disk usage will go from 5% to 100% in an instant and I have no idea why. I have tried everything i can possibly find on the...
  8. Help with task manager being very slow on a high end system

Help with task manager being very slow on a high end system: https://youtu.be/7aZSq7KqcWw my system is updated to the latest 1909 update and task manager and settings have been really slow lately. the update speed is very slow even tho its on high. my operating systems on my ssd. I highly doubt its my hardware because i have a pretty...
  9. Very high CPU Temps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very high CPU Temps: Hi I turned my PC on this morning as I do every morning but instead of behaving like it normally does the fans started spinning 100%. So I checked the temps in the BIOS and the CPU is running at 89c. I have cleaned off and reapplied the thermal paste. I used Arctic...
  10. My ram and cpu usage is very high

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My ram and cpu usage is very high: Hey guys my cpu and ram usage is pretty high when im not even doing anything. Screenshot its on swedish but next to CPU is Memory. i found something called poolmon in windows kits where i could see if there was a driver that was using all the cpu and ram but i cant...