Windows 10: Very Slow Folder Listing - This machine only

Discus and support Very Slow Folder Listing - This machine only in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All There are certain folders on our network drives that my PC has been getting slower and slower at listing the contents of. A couple of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pauliolio, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Pauliolio Win User

Very Slow Folder Listing - This machine only

Hi All

There are certain folders on our network drives that my PC has been getting slower and slower at listing the contents of.
    A couple of them are now up to about 2½ minutes of 'We're working on it'.
    There are a couple of folders on the local drive that take a while, but nowhere near as long.
    There's not an awful lot in the ones that take ages, and some with more content of various types display pretty much instantly.

All of the discussions I can find on the subject assume that it's a problem with the folder and would be the same for everyone, but it's just this machine.
    Every other PC I access the folders from displays the contents instantly.

I have worked through the suggestions (view/folder type/indexing/etc.) but nothing has made a jot of difference so far.

Anyone got any ideas please?

:)

Pauliolio, Jun 28, 2016
  2. awgod Win User

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 is very slow and pc is practically unusable when update is running

Windows has been updating (Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607) for about 20 hrs and is only at 39%. Very, very slow and computer runs very slow while update is running. Brand new HP machine with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. AMD 4 core processor.
    8GB ram

awgod, Jun 28, 2016
  3. glenmuana Win User
    Open folder very slow 6600

To open a folder in my nokia 6600 is very slow. How to refresh? I already deleted all downloaded files and restore the facrory phone setting, but still very slow to open. I though that its only the memory is full, but its not. Please advice what to do?

glenmuana, Jun 28, 2016
Thema:

Very Slow Folder Listing - This machine only

1. Very Slow Folder Listing - This machine only - Similar Threads - Very Slow Folder

2. List folder contents only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    List folder contents only: Hello,Is there any possible way to set permissions to a folder for "list folder contents" only? I've tried with icacls commands which I read somewhere that could work, like: icacls "{folder}" /grant:r {user or group}:CIRC,RD,RA,REA,X,GR and icacls "{folder}" /grant:r {user or...
  3. List folder contents only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    List folder contents only: Hello,Is there any possible way to set permissions to a folder for "list folder contents" only? I've tried with icacls commands which I read somewhere that could work, like: icacls "{folder}" /grant:r {user or group}:CIRC,RD,RA,REA,X,GR and icacls "{folder}" /grant:r {user or...
  4. List folder contents only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow: I am trying to downgrade my extremely slow windows 10 laptop to windows 7 but I got an error saying Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer and it even takes so long to startup and show my account and password box and when I type in my password...
  6. Save File, "New Folder" very slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Save File, "New Folder" very slow: Lately when attempting downloads or saving files, the Save File "New Folder" button seems to take forever to complete (at least a minute). I can't pin down exactly when this started happening, just that I've been annoyed by it in for a t least the last month. Does anyone have...
  7. Windows Folders loading very slow

Windows Folders loading very slow: Hi, My PC is very slow when loading folders. This is particularly noticeable with picture folders. I mean it can take 5 minutes and the green status slider is still going to load the pictures. I have sent hours and hours online trying to find an answer. I've tried...
  8. OneDrive folder is very slow on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive folder is very slow on Windows 10: Out of nowhere today, my OneDrive folder is very slow in navigating. It usually opens up folders within OneDrive instantly. I tried restarting the PC but still same issue. submitted by /u/FailedPreMedStudent [link] [comments]...
  9. very slow download speed in browser only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    very slow download speed in browser only: Hello, I did a clean install of windows 10 pro 1909 after clean installing i am getting very slow download speed in browser only Steam, epic store, microsoft store works fine. My pc specs are amd a6-6400k, msi gt 710, 8gb ddr3 ram 1333 mhz. I have 40 mbps download and 20...
  10. Very slow internet, only for me.

Very slow internet, only for me.: Hey, there are multiple people in my house that are able to use the internet fine, with no lag whatsoever, however for me it is very slow. Sometimes it fixes if I troubleshoot for hours on end, but it just doesn't seem worth it for me as it comes back whenever my computer...