Windows 10: Very slow internet on Windows 10

Discus and support Very slow internet on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Laptop with Intel i7, 8 GB ram, Fios internet 100/100 Came with Windows 8.1 and upgraded to W10 Home over a year ago. Browsing the internet has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Curious, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Curious Win User

Very slow internet on Windows 10

Laptop with Intel i7, 8 GB ram, Fios internet 100/100
    Came with Windows 8.1 and upgraded to W10 Home over a year ago.

Browsing the internet has become essentially impossible because of very slow download speeds.
    Ethernet gets me download speeds of 102 - but wireless is 1.7 !!!!! (My old smartphone gets download speeds of 38+ !)
    The network adapter is Realtek RTL8723AE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC
    (see attached) and W10 says it has the latest driver. Because the laptop originally came with W 8.1 the manufacturer does not have any W10 drivers for this PC.

Things have slowed further to molasses since the last W 10 critical update (which also messed up my graphics driver).
    I've searched the internet for solutions. None of them have worked for me.
    - I've removed all background apps.
    - I don't have peer to peer updates.
    - Many unessential services are turned off or set to manual.
    - I get regular Windows 10 updates and device manager does not show any yellow alarms.

Please, I need help to fix this. Pc is unusable!

:)

Curious, Feb 3, 2018

2. slow connecting to internet

Hi Very slow internet on Windows 10 :(

Updating & Downloading In Store Windows 10 Creator Is Very Slow While
    high-speed Internet

Conneting to a mobile internet (Usb Tethering) Is Very Slow... It takes
    a long time to connect.

I had no problem In windows 10 anniversary Please Help Me Very slow internet on Windows 10 :(

SamerMusic, Feb 3, 2018
  3. Downloading Windows 10 without the out internet using downloaded iso file online

Is it possible to download Windows 10 without the internet? Like desktop at home, I have a very very slow internet, and downloading Windows 10 online would take ages (especially that the electricity cut of so often hence the internet might also cut off)

may I download the driver at my office (where there is much faster internet connection) as iso file then download it on my USB port to plug it into my home computer where there is a very slow internet connection and download Windows 10 ? Or this might be
    a wrong sin ?

Therefore, after downloading windows 10 I may upgrade my reservation with my home slow internet connection.

Thank you in advance

RamiChehab, Feb 3, 2018
  4. callmejoe Win User

The manufacturer of the wireless card doesnt have win 10 drivers? or the mfr of the laptop?

anyway, have you tried uninstalling the wireless card in device manager? then re-install. see if that works

perhaps something changed with your wireless router? check settings or reboot it

callmejoe, Feb 3, 2018
  5. Curious Win User
    I read that it is recommended to always go to the pc manufacturer (Toshiba) rather than the component manufacturer. So I have not tried that yet. The router has been rebooted several times. Other PCs I own (non W10) have fine speeds. It is only this W10 pc that is slow. I have not tried uninstalling the wireless card and reinstalling. That's a good idea. But I think there is something very wrong. In searching for a solution I found many users complaining of slow speeds with W10, so I do not think I am alone.

Curious, Feb 3, 2018
  6. Curious Win User
    I uninstalled the wireless adapter and reinstalled it. Unfortunatelu no difference.

I went to the Realtek website to find a W10 driver for the Realtek RTL8723AE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC but could not find a driver. So I emailed their support to ask where I could download their W10 driver for this adapter.

Curious, Feb 3, 2018
  7. Berton Win User
    I add another step after uninstalling onboard devices, reboot then let Windows find the hardware and reinstall the drivers. Rebooting removes anything held in memory/RAM to give a fresh start.

Berton, Feb 3, 2018
  8. Curious Win User

Thank you. Will do as you suggest.
    I'm not sure this problem has a solution. There are several similar threads in tenforums and none seem to have solved it.

Curious, Feb 3, 2018
  9. Curious Win User
    Rebooted after uninstalling the adapter. Again no improvement.
    I thought I found the cause because for the first time I got this popup from Windows Defender (attached). I allowed access but as you can see there was no improvement in speed. Only on the W10 PC. I may be forced to go back to Windows 7 or 8.

Curious, Feb 3, 2018
  10. callmejoe Win User
    are you sure your laptop is connecting to the router you think it is? maybe it's connecting to a neighbor's wifi. one time i was accessing internet through hot spot on my cell phone. forgot to turn off and later couldnt figure out why the slow wireless speeds. PC was connecting to it automatically.

running any VPNs or proxies?

callmejoe, Feb 3, 2018
  11. Curious Win User
    It's connecting to my very unique ssid and I have no vpn and no viruses. I'm sure it is a W10 driver issue. My other pcs are pretty much all set up the same way except for the operating system being W10. I wish I had never upgraded to W10. That's when my troubles started and then got much worse with the latest update when it slowed to a crawl.

Edit: I wonder if there is some software that could diagnose what the wifi problem is. Troubleshoot finds nothing wrong.

Curious, Feb 3, 2018
  12. Eagle51 Win User
    Eagle51, Feb 3, 2018
  13. Curious Win User

I decided to look at the Event viewer and found some errors that might mean something to someone more knowledgeable than me.

1014 DNS Client Events
    Name resolution for the name wpad timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name detectportal.firefox.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}
    and APPID
    {4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}
    to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

The NetMsmqActivator service depends on the WAS service which failed to start because of the following error: The data is invalid.

The WAS service terminated with the following error: The data is invalid.

Curious, Feb 3, 2018
  14. Curious Win User
    Thank you. Will do.
    I'm running sfc/scannow as we speak. (Previously it found nothing but we'll see).
    I'm almost at the point of being willing to reset W10 but hate the idea of re-installing all my many programs!

Edit: Ran WifiInfoView but don't know enough t make sense of it.

Curious, Feb 3, 2018
  15. Curious Win User
    Scannow found nothing wrong.

*Is there a tool that checks the windows files themselves?

Current plan is :
    1. I'm making a full image backup as we speak. (I'm using my smartphone because it is so much faster than W10).
    2. I think the last update changed the remaining drivers to default W10 drivers that slowed everything further. So I will revert my system partition from an earlier image backup before that update. If that is still slow (which it was but less so than now), then step 3.
    3. "Repair" windows 10 without losing data files (which I have backed up anyway).
    4. If all fails, go back to W8.1 if I still can.

**Is there a way to do the W10 repair with uninstalling all my programs? It will be a pain to find all the installation disks!

Curious, Feb 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Very slow internet on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Very slow internet

2. Internet is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet is very slow: Hi, I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 Home, 22H2. I reinstalled it on Sunday, and it still doesn't fix my internet problem which I think started on Saturday. I visited one site my banking site, and it just shows a spinning "load" sign plus the MS Edge spinning blue...
  3. Internet is very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet is very slow: Hi, I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 Home, 22H2. I reinstalled it on Sunday, and it still doesn't fix my internet problem which I think started on Saturday. I visited one site my banking site, and it just shows a spinning "load" sign plus the MS Edge spinning blue...
  4. Internet is very slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet very slow

Internet very slow: My internet has been very slow but only on my laptop, i did the speedtest on my iphone and laptop and ping was 13 ms download was 12.87 mbps while on my iphone ping 25 ms and download 32 mbps. i deleted the network also rebooted my router and laptop still the same, my laptop...
  6. Internet on Windows 10 very slow

Internet on Windows 10 very slow: Hi, I've been having internet speed problems with my laptop (windows 10) for the past 3 months. Speed tests show speed is between 5 mbps to 23 mbps but it takes so long to load a page (every & any page for the most part). For example just now from logging in tenforums to...
  7. Very Slow Internet Connections

in Windows 10 Support
    Very Slow Internet Connections: For the past few days, my wife's computer has been very slow to connect to the Internet. Windows 10, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900). Browsers used: FIrefox, MS Edge (not the new one), Google Chrome. Examples: 1. NY Times, 21 seconds to connect, then articles downloaded...
  8. Very, very slow internet

Very, very slow internet: Good Morning For the past week I have been having problems with internet pages being very slow to load, having to be constantly refreshed to display the content and often not displaying the content at all despite repeated attempts. I have had my telephone line and...
  9. internet very slow

internet very slow: previous i use windows 7. i am jio wifi user. but after windows 10 internet is very slow? please give solution for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-very-slow/d62d84c4-b418-4796-999a-7d0c1b6d09c1
  10. Internet running very slow

Internet running very slow: Hi all, i'm running windows 10 on a dell pc.In the last week my internet has started to run very slow. I usually use chrome, but also have internet explorer which was also slow which leads me to think the problem is to with windows rather than a browser. My ps3 seems to run...