Windows 10: Very slow internet, only for me.

Discus and support Very slow internet, only for me. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, there are multiple people in my house that are able to use the internet fine, with no lag whatsoever, however for me it is very slow. Sometimes it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by adiass, May 9, 2016.

1. adiass Win User

Very slow internet, only for me.

Hey, there are multiple people in my house that are able to use the internet fine, with no lag whatsoever, however for me it is very slow. Sometimes it fixes if I troubleshoot for hours on end, but it just doesn't seem worth it for me as it comes back whenever my computer turns off/goes to sleep. I have tried reinstalling my wireless card drivers but it hasn't helped, so I am hoping that someone can help me here.

Wireless Card - ASUS PCE-N10

If any more info is needed I'll be happy to provide it.

Thanks.

:)

adiass, May 9, 2016
  2. pabilaner Win User

Nokia 5800 music player update

can u pls gve me the link of the two apps for i'm only using mobile internet with a VERY slow speed thank u

pabilaner, May 9, 2016
  3. Marketplace stuck in March

I am currently travelling with an old T43 with only a 40gig harddrive, there is no room for the backup zune makes when updating the os. Internet is also very slow, so downloading the update will be a very slow process...

Caspar Jan van Dijk, May 9, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

You cannot fix on your computer what the problem is. You know what the issue is. If it is a shared connection, you are always going to have leaches on it or the person who has the account will throttle users.

Simple fix. Get your own Internet.

bro67, May 10, 2016
  5. adiass Win User
    My internet was fine until I upgraded to Windows 10, now its all screwed. I don't want to go back to Windows 7, but I will as a last resort if it comes to it. I really don't think the internet is the problem, I strongly believe its something to do with Windows 10.

adiass, May 10, 2016
  6. linw Win User
    Have you googled this problem? It appears that this card is really problematic so maybe a replacement is your best bet.

7. bro67 Win User
    Again the problem is not with your computer. You stated what the problem is. Only fix is to get your own Internet to stop those who are leaching all of the bandwidth, along with the person who is paying for the service from throttling everyone.

It has nothing to do with Windows 10.

bro67, May 10, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

Their problem is that they are on a shared connection. They came here to ask a question, I have stated twice what the only fix that there is. It has nothing to do with Windows 10.

Wireless is the worst connection for a desktop on not only a congested hogged network, but also there is a lot of congestion in the airwaves, which can cause problems.

I use Channels 1 & 5 for my Wireless-N A/P. We have had 10 connections going at once and have never had a slowdown on our service, which usually runs around 48/6.

The OP is either going to have to run Cat-5e or Cat-6, or just get their own Internet connection and go wired. It is a lot more safe to have wired over wireless in a house at a school, since there will always be someone paying around with airsniffing or setting up a Honey Pot to capture packets as they go through to the main connection.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Very slow internet, only for me. - Similar Threads - Very slow internet

2. Internet is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet is very slow: Hi, I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 Home, 22H2. I reinstalled it on Sunday, and it still doesn't fix my internet problem which I think started on Saturday. I visited one site my banking site, and it just shows a spinning "load" sign plus the MS Edge spinning blue...
  3. Internet is very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet is very slow: Hi, I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 Home, 22H2. I reinstalled it on Sunday, and it still doesn't fix my internet problem which I think started on Saturday. I visited one site my banking site, and it just shows a spinning "load" sign plus the MS Edge spinning blue...
  4. Internet is very slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet very slow

Internet very slow: My internet has been very slow but only on my laptop, i did the speedtest on my iphone and laptop and ping was 13 ms download was 12.87 mbps while on my iphone ping 25 ms and download 32 mbps. i deleted the network also rebooted my router and laptop still the same, my laptop...
  6. Very Slow Internet Connections

in Windows 10 Support
    Very Slow Internet Connections: For the past few days, my wife's computer has been very slow to connect to the Internet. Windows 10, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900). Browsers used: FIrefox, MS Edge (not the new one), Google Chrome. Examples: 1. NY Times, 21 seconds to connect, then articles downloaded...
  7. Very, very slow internet

Very, very slow internet: Good Morning For the past week I have been having problems with internet pages being very slow to load, having to be constantly refreshed to display the content and often not displaying the content at all despite repeated attempts. I have had my telephone line and...
  8. internet very slow

internet very slow: previous i use windows 7. i am jio wifi user. but after windows 10 internet is very slow? please give solution for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-very-slow/d62d84c4-b418-4796-999a-7d0c1b6d09c1
  9. Router Internet VERY SLOW!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Router Internet VERY SLOW!!!: I posted this in the Network forum - but did not receive a good response. Hope it's OK to post it here for a better response. I use COX Cable and pay for 100Gbps. That speed arrives at the modem (the router is separate as of now). When my computer is only three feet from the...
  10. Internet running very slow

Internet running very slow: Hi all, i'm running windows 10 on a dell pc.In the last week my internet has started to run very slow. I usually use chrome, but also have internet explorer which was also slow which leads me to think the problem is to with windows rather than a browser. My ps3 seems to run...