Windows 10: Very slow since reloading Windows 10 by reset recovery

Discus and support Very slow since reloading Windows 10 by reset recovery in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was trying to update a graphics driver but that caused tons of problems. I had to reload windows 10 ,using the reset system, but since then the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by misog, Oct 15, 2016.

1. misog Win User

Very slow since reloading Windows 10 by reset recovery

I was trying to update a graphics driver but that caused tons of problems.
    I had to reload windows 10 ,using the reset system, but since then the laptop has been very slow. Even adjusting the screen brightness is sloooow.
    I have run virus and malware scans but they have not detected any problems Also SFC and CHKDDSK but with no improvement.
    Any ideas what to try next

:)

misog, Oct 15, 2016
  2. Dustyguy Win User

Slow gateway laptop since I downloaded windows 10.

* Original Title: slow laptop

slow gateway laptop since I downloaded windows 10. It won't let me reload windows 10 or windows 8.1

I have to type very slow or it freezes up.

Dustyguy, Oct 15, 2016
  3. garym123 Win User
    windowsphone security

A phone reset does not reload the software.

The Windows Device Recovery Tool does reload the software.

garym123, Oct 15, 2016
  4. Adalwar Win User

First things to do in such a case is uninstall/ re-install Graphic and Sound Drivers.

Adalwar, Oct 15, 2016
  5. bobkn Win User
    Go into Task Manager (ctrl-alt-del). Are any processes using CPU resources?

bobkn, Oct 15, 2016
  6. misog Win User
    The reason I started playing with drivers was because ntoskrnl was using up to 30% of the CPU keeping the fan running and using up the battery.
    Disabling the graphic driver. AMD HD8250, stops ntoskrnl running.
    When I updated the driver the laptop completely slowed down and despite trying to roll back the driver in safe mode I had to reload windows.
    I am keeping the driver disabled for the time being until I find a answer

misog, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Very slow since reloading Windows 10 by reset recovery - Similar Threads - Very slow since

2. Windows 10 very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 very slow: Hi community, I have an laptop Asus A540UB-DM859 with i3 7020U 2,3ghz dual core, 4gb ram, 1 tb hdd, and nvidia mx110 2gb and it works very very slow in windows 10 meaning 10 fps in with no program started, and it games works good, meaning 100 fps in games like lol, but i get...
  3. Windows 10 is very slow

Windows 10 is very slow: Split from this thread. Sir windows10 is very slow what is the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-very-slow/30c94aa8-a499-4b74-a791-b17cb969da10
  4. windows 10 very slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 very slow: hello this is aadijain_3 i am a user of windows 10 but i m not very satisfied. it has very slow login speed and when the home window opens the windows hangs for atleast 5 minutes with no response. i performed everything ran an sfc scan deleted all the unnecessary apps...
  5. Windows 10 very slow

Windows 10 very slow: Hello, I have a pretty decent computer from the mid 2010's....I think it is still very capable as i am only ever gonna use it for meetings on Microsoft Teams....I brought a legitimate copy of Windows 10 Pro from Amazon....I am very disappointed due to its...
  6. Printing is very slow since upgrading to Windows 10. Version 1909

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing is very slow since upgrading to Windows 10. Version 1909: My printer is an Epson ET-2650. Printing is normal from all other devices except my recently updated O.S. from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Tried resetting spooler didn't help. Reloaded Epson program no help either. It takes almost 10 minutes for page to print....
  7. Windows 10 very very slow

Windows 10 very very slow: Hi I have an HP Spectre x360 wxith an Intel Core i7-7500U, 2,7 GHz, 16Go RAM and a 2TB hard drive 1.45To free. Since one week my PC is very very slow. I'm using Kaspersky Total Security without any alert. I'm also using MalwareByte without also any alert I run...
  8. Battery very slow to charge since update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery very slow to charge since update: I have a Linx Vision 004 tablet, since the update now the battery takes forever to charge, never had the problem before the update, I have tried a new charging cable and still the same....
  9. Very slow internet speed since upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very slow internet speed since upgrade to 10: Hi hope somebody can help. Since upgrading to windows 10 my internet speed on my Packard Bell PC has dropped to almost nothing, less than 1mb. Before upgrade it was around 76mb. All my other laptops, tablets etc are getting good wifi speeds. When I use a ethernet connection...
  10. PC very slow since windows update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC very slow since windows update: Hi Guys, I am running Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit on an HP TouchSmart 610-1280qd. I have 16 gig of memory. It is running extremely slow. All programs, including Chrome, are taking 5 or 6 times longer to load. I have checked everything I can think of. I ran Disc Cleanup. I ran...