Windows 10: Very slow startup after Windows Anniversary update

Discus and support Very slow startup after Windows Anniversary update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I find that I have to wait for a good 5 minutes before the startup of Windows 10 with the latest version and update to this date of today's. How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by imcanadian, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Very slow startup after Windows Anniversary update

I find that I have to wait for a good 5 minutes before the startup of Windows 10 with the latest version and update to this date of today's. How can I reduce the time to have a quick or fast statup with my desktop? I did tried few things to see if that help and still the same with a good 5 minutes startup. Hope that someone can tell me what is the best method to reduce the time of startup for this operating system of Windows 10 64x Home Premium.

Thank you,

John

:)

imcanadian, Aug 28, 2016

2. Very Slow Startup after Anniversary Update

Here it is: Shared items 11-29-2016

I hope you'll be able to assist me as soon as possible. Thanks.

Strakk9000, Aug 28, 2016
  3. Very Slow Startup after Anniversary Update

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with this problem I have on my laptop. When I turn it on, I am greeted with a black loading screen and a loading wheel. (I have all external devices unplugged) Then, after about five minutes, that screen is gone and
    the login screen appears, to which I am able to login normally. After that, it takes much longer than it should to load up the icons, taskbar, and background. When it is all done loading up, all of my applications are slow to start up.This all happened on
    a fairly new laptop that just had Windows 10 Version 1607 installed as an update. I have already tried /sfc scannow and updating my graphics drivers. I don't know what else I should do, so anyone's assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Strakk9000, Aug 28, 2016
  4. Private Win User

Very slow startup after Windows Anniversary update

Find the cause. Open up Event Viewer (Win + R -> eventvwr <- Enter).

Expand the path:

Left click on Operational log. Middle column, upper-pane is the event level, lower-pane is for further details.

Easy find by following the timestamp.

Private, Aug 28, 2016
  5. Thank you for the information about finding out the cause of my desktop. And here is below:

EventData:

StartTime 2016-08-29T16:13:18.605419500Z NameLength 23 Name backgroundTaskHost.exe FriendlyNameLength 21 FriendlyName Background Task Host VersionLength 39 Version 10.0.14393.0 (rs1_release.160715-1616) TotalTime 9352 DegradationTime 4352 PathLength 43 Path C:\Windows\System32\backgroundTaskHost.exe ProductNameLength 37 ProductName Microsoft® Windows® Operating System CompanyNameLength 22 CompanyName Microsoft Corporation
    Will I be able to fix this file with BackgroundTaskHost .exe or have to take to computer repair store to have them fix for me. Need your opinion abou this. Because I am getting frustrated with slow startup everytime like at least between 7 to 10 minutes before can login in my desktop.

Thank you,

John

imcanadian, Aug 28, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, you may find this interesting, although likely to be technically challenging:
    Analyzing a Slow Boot with Windows Performance Recorder Helge Klein

However, you may prefer simply to try a random thought:
    Turn off fast startup if it's enabled.
    5 Tips to Fix Slow Boot Times in Windows 10

- whilst this focuses on another issue:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...653b516?page=1

Bottom line- as widely reported the anniversary edition is causing some a range of problems. MS is working on some of these- expect updates over the next month+.

You may prefer to roll back (allowed within 10 days), block the upgrade, and wait for the dust to settle.

dalchina, Aug 28, 2016
  7. Thank you to all who posted here to help me to solve the problem and is working much better now. But have another problem and this time with File History. Will post here in this forum to see if I can get help with this problem.

John

imcanadian, Aug 29, 2016
  8. Very slow startup after Windows Anniversary update

Moved over to another message that I posted here. I made a mistake to post here.

John

imcanadian, Aug 29, 2016
  9. Aelares Win User
    (Apologies for bumping, just hoping my solution helps someone who's pulling their hair out while googling this) I had set netplwiz to allow logon w/o a password, and that's what killed boot time after the Anniversary Update (went up to almost 4min): I reset netplwiz to require password on logon, and boot instantly dropped to a few seconds! (After that, I was able to re-enable password-less logon and boot has stayed super-fast).

Aelares, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Very slow startup after Windows Anniversary update

1. Very slow startup after Windows Anniversary update - Similar Threads - Very slow startup

2. Computer VERY slow on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer VERY slow on startup: Good afternoon.When starting up my desktop it takes quite a long time for me to be able to perform the simplest of tasks. Can you please remote assist and look in to what may be causing this?Kind regards.David Charlesworth...
  3. Windows is very slow after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is very slow after update: Greetings! Is there a recent announcement from MS that the latest update has a / some problem[s]? Apparently, there is and I seem to encounter it. My windows is very slow now after the upgrade. We have a fairly new laptop; about five months old. The CPU is Core...
  4. very slow startup and slow shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    very slow startup and slow shutdown: I'm on a PC with a hard drive (no SSD) and 64-bit Win 10 Version 1909 Build 18363.1198.Up until a couple of weeks ago, it took about a minute to start up and shut down quickly, too; despite having MANY apps and programs. The last two weeks, I have very slow startup and...
  5. Very slow startup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very slow startup.: [ATTACH] My computers startup time can be between 2 minutes and even 5 or more hours. I don't know what happens background I just see this image for all of the startup time:...
  6. Very slow startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very slow startup: I have officially tried everything messed with the registry stopped startup programs freed up space stopped services but windows 10 takes a while to boot up like a long time and my memory usage is at 50% when not doing anything disk is always at a 100% this happens just after...
  7. Very Slow VPN Speeds - Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very Slow VPN Speeds - Anniversary Update: Hello, I have been a long time Torguard user with no issues. The other day I installed the Windows 10 anniversary update and after the update my VPN speeds have been terrible. I am getting around 0-5 Mbps download speed on every server. (Wired and Wireless) Before...
  8. Windows extremely slow after anniversary update.

Windows extremely slow after anniversary update.: So I held back on updating to the anniversary update for a few weeks, but then starting having some problems with sleep and power, so i downloaded the update tool and updated to version 1607. My problems were solved, but now today, a few days later, I suddenly have many...
  9. Very slow startup

Very slow startup: I have an ASUS X556UR-XX477T Notebook Intel Core i7 8GB (GeForce 930MX 2GB) 1TB with windows 10. I have tried all the procedures described on the internet but it remains with very slow startup.In running programs I also realize that it is much more slow than my dell i5 with...
  10. Very slow boot after Anniversary update

Very slow boot after Anniversary update: I had no problems with Windows 10 start times but since the Anniversary update, boot time is just under 3 minutes. Any ideas to what to look into for the cause? 59112