Windows 10: Very Specific Audio Sources No Longer Work

Discus and support Very Specific Audio Sources No Longer Work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For the first time ever, I've been entirely unable to fix an issue that has sprouted, and I'm beyond stumped, because I've found nothing in the likes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RolandPheonix, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Very Specific Audio Sources No Longer Work

For the first time ever, I've been entirely unable to fix an issue that has sprouted, and I'm beyond stumped, because I've found nothing in the likes of what I'm experiencing.

As of yesterday, using Windows Media Player while trying to play .wav files will let them play, the time will progress, but no sound will play. It's dead silent. If I switch to Groove Music, it works fine. This is the least and smallest of the issues. At the same time this started, Twitch.tv plays entirely without sound, but equally without flaw. No error messages, no pop-ups, no crashes, there is simply no sound. If it was one or other other, it would be easier to root out, but with it being both and so very specific, I'm unsure what to do.

YouTube, Netflix, MP3, MP4, and everything else works just fine. Games work, other applications work, everything save for Twitch.tv and .wav files work.

I rolled back my audio drivers, updated them again, and even got several Windows 10 updates, but nothing in the slightest changed. The only change to my computer made was about a day before this began, where I installed a game that forced me to install OpenAL. I initially thought that this was the issue, so I uninstalled it, but that broke my drivers. A simple roll back fixed them, but the .wav issue was still present. I updated the drivers again to no avail.

I'm entirely out of ideas of what to do, all except installing OpenAL, but considering this is the only thing that I can remotely pinpoint, I feel like that would be a bad idea.

:)

RolandPheonix, Jul 22, 2018
  2. Jessen P Win User

My audio no longer works on windows 10

Hi Brendon,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

• What all troubleshooting steps have you performed to get the issue fixed?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

I would suggest you to turn off Audio enhancements and then check if it helps.

• Go to Start, enter Sound, and select Sound Control Panel
      from the list of results.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or tap and hold) the Default Device
      and select Properties.

• On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements
      check box and try to play your audio device.

• If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback
      tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Windows in future.

Jessen P, Jul 22, 2018
  3. fireberd Win User
    No audio device is installed (How to fix?)

Since you uninstalled the Intel Display audio and you no longer have audio, that suggests you are using HDMI (??) If this is the case then the Realtek is not being used and not causing your problem.

First step as mentioned is to reinstall the Intel Display Audio.

fireberd, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Very Specific Audio Sources No Longer Work

Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Very Specific Audio Sources No Longer Work

1. Very Specific Audio Sources No Longer Work - Similar Threads - Very Specific Audio

2. Windows 10 Audio no longer works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Audio no longer works: Windows 10....working remotely with a friend they brought up they could no longer hear any audio from speakers or when Connecting Earphones. Bluetooth connects and they can hear sound on a Bluetooth Speaker. When they opened up and played something with Sound I could hear the...
  3. Windows 10 Audio no longer works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Audio no longer works: Windows 10....working remotely with a friend they brought up they could no longer hear any audio from speakers or when Connecting Earphones. Bluetooth connects and they can hear sound on a Bluetooth Speaker. When they opened up and played something with Sound I could hear the...
  4. Spatial audio suddemly no longer working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spatial audio suddemly no longer working: Hello,I no longer have spatial audio working. I have been using Windows Sonic for Headphones. Realtek audio drivers are a big mess. Tried to disable, reinstall, but I am stuck in stereo. Quad just does not seem to work. I cannot even seem to get Realtek HD Audio Manager to...
  5. RealTek Audio No Longer Working On PC

RealTek Audio No Longer Working On PC: My headphones stopped working overnight after doing an update. I tried unplugging and plugging my headphones back in and nothing was working with fixes online. In the control panel they were recognized as speakers but I don't know how to fix that, although I think it was...
  6. Very Specific Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very Specific Help: Hello. My laptop has a Num Lock right above the trackpad and I was wondering if I could bound that to the login password. Something along the lines of this: Laptop Starts and Asks for Login > I press the num lock key > laptop unlocks and goes to desktop. I would really...
  7. Dual Audio Input No Longer Working...

Dual Audio Input No Longer Working...: So i'm not sure when this started happening, but I've tried it on previous versions of Windows and it no longer seems to work. I have my PS3 going into my soundcard via optical, then an optical cable out into my AMP/DAC stack. It used to be able to simultaneously have both...
  8. Auxiliary Audio Jacks No Longer Work

Auxiliary Audio Jacks No Longer Work: In my office there have been three computers that recently had their audio jacks stop working. They all started doing this within one week of each other. All three of them are newer Lenovo desktops. So far, I’ve tried uninstalling the Realtek audio drivers and then...
  9. A Very Specific Keyboard Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A Very Specific Keyboard Problem: As the subject states, I have a very specific problem with my keyboard and I've struggled for a LONG time to get a fix for it. I have a gaming laptop running on a semi-old version of Win10 Home- not every recent update is installed. List of all installed updates, according...
  10. Audio no longer working

Audio no longer working: My audio is no longer working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-no-longer-working/0cf5a8f6-2ab9-421c-9720-43e8ce692ce2