Windows 10: Very strange problem

Discus and support Very strange problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear All, Please help me . Its been so many days now, I was able to use WiFi everywhere using my laptop. Suddenly one day I logged in to Office... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Samujjal, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Samujjal Win User

Very strange problem

Dear All,

Please help me . Its been so many days now, I was able to use WiFi everywhere using my laptop.

Suddenly one day I logged in to Office Wifi , it says " No Internet, Connected ,Secured". Diagnostics shows "One or more protocol is missing on this system..Blah".

Adding to it , I can still use internet from other WiFi sources. But not from the office SSID.

Actually What I see after connecting to Office SSID,Default Gateway & DNS server does not get allocated.

*Sad*Sad

:)

Samujjal, Apr 21, 2016

2. Very very strange dictionary problems

Ok, so I assume nobody here has a clue how to sort this problem

Does anyone here know where else I could try ?

grantza---01, Apr 21, 2016
  3. Very very strange dictionary problems

I guess this is my "maiden" post here !!

There is an elderly lady in her 70's who lives in the same building as me.

The woman is wheelchair bound. Long story short, while she was on her way to the shop, some piece of trash stole her phone from her.

I had a couple of spare phones. One of which was a 6303i Classic.

She loves it, as it is simple, has a decent size display, and most importantly, the keys are spaced apart from each other.

She loves doing crossword puzzles, so I tried installed a dictionary for her.

For some reason when the application opens, it appears to load correctly, but there is no cursor visible on the screen. Obviously one needs the cursor in order to place it in the "search box" of the application, and then start entering the word one is looking
    for.

So for example, say one is searching for the meaning of a word - say the word is "hat".

One presses the "h" key (bearing in mind there is no cursor visible & thus you are unable to type the word in the serch box) the words beginning with the letter "h" start appearing.

Then you enter the letter "a", and so words beginning with the letters "h" & "a" start to appear.

However, without the use of the search box, one has no idea (or record) as to what letters one has already entered.

I have tried 3 different dictionary applications on this phone, all have the same problem.

I load the identical applications onto an ancient and battered 6300 I had lying in a drawer, and all the dictionary applications work as they should. One can move the cursor into the search box, and the letters one enters, appear in the search box as they
    should do.

The 6303i Classic I gave to her was unused & brand new. It is stock standard with no 3rd party applications at all and functions flawlessly in every area. The problem is related to dictionary applications only.

What puzzles me, is that the same dictionary apps all work perfectly on the old battered 6300.

The firmware version on her phone is:

V 09.83

21-09-10

RM-638

On the old trashed 6300, the version is:

V 07.21

05-11-08

RM-217

I have attached a screenshot of a similar application which displays the application, with text entered into the search box (the way it is supposed to work).

Any assistance would be appreciated in helping solve this issue for this poor woman

dictionary screenshot.jpg

grantza---01, Apr 21, 2016
  4. Very strange problem

Welcome aboard, Sam.

Are other computers able to access your office's WiFi?

If so, go to Settings and select WiFi and make sure that you are actually connected to your office WiFi.

Vince Massi, Apr 21, 2016
  5. Samujjal Win User
    Thanks !! All of my fellow colleague are able to use the Office WiFi. Nobody uses LAN here.
    Its get connected. I get Dynamic IPs . But not able to use the Internet.

Wifi Status -No Internet/Secured

*cry*cry

Samujjal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Very strange problem

1. Very strange problem - Similar Threads - Very strange problem

2. Very strange internet problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very strange internet problems: Someone please help... For months I've been having strange internet problems on my PC. There are certain sites that will not work under any circumstances. I will get a secure connection failed error even if I 1. clear cookies etc 2. switch browsers tried on several it never...
  3. Very strange internet problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very strange internet problems: Someone please help... For months I've been having strange internet problems on my PC. There are certain sites that will not work under any circumstances. I will get a secure connection failed error even if I 1. clear cookies etc 2. switch browsers tried on several it never...
  4. Very strange internet problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. A very Strange Problem ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A very Strange Problem ?: I installed windows 10 and then bitdefender total security and Windows defender firewall got disabled by bitdefender firewall i restart my Pc and windows 10 firewall was still disabled and bitdefender firewall was enabled for now everything is Normal i then logged with my...
  6. Very strange problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Very strange problem: Hello everyone! *Biggrin First of all sorry if my English is not the best *Wink I have an Asus's laptop, and some days ago, I recognized that my battery charging time got a liittle bit slower. I searched how to slove it, and I found a tutorial on the Asus's site that shows...
  7. Very strange problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very strange problem: Hi, i have a problem with the PC. Within minutes of being turned on, I open a game, any one in this case, F1 2019 which works perfectly. The problem comes when I close the game I am playing, I want to open another game and it lags a lot, the sound cuts out and it is very...
  8. Very strange Connection Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very strange Connection Problem: Hi all, This is a wierd one so bear with me :] A couple of minutes after booting the pc websites will no longer load. Except for Google and Youtube - it will search but when I click on the links it won't work. I can ping all other websites just fine they just wont load in...
  9. Very very strange!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Very very strange!: Using "Turn Windows features on or off" on Windows 10 Pro trying to enable Hyper-V Hypervisor. I can check all the other Hyper-V boxes, but try as I may, I am unable to put a check mark next to the Hyper-V Hypervisor option. I HAVE enabled Vt-x virtualization in BIOS, if...
  10. Very strange HDD problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very strange HDD problem: I have a C: drive which is an SSD and a D: drive which is an HDD, and Windows is installed in the C: drive. I'm having a strange problem in which the following is happening: -I try to open the D: drive, but it takes hours to load even the file dates, and it takes a minute to...