Very strange shutdown problem in Windows 10 64bit build 1803

Discus and support Very strange shutdown problem in Windows 10 64bit build 1803 in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Three or four days ago when I clicked shutdown, after 30 seconds the monitor went dark but the PC was still running, I tried it in Safe Mode, Clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PRVL, Jun 10, 2018.

1. PRVL Win User

Three or four days ago when I clicked shutdown, after 30 seconds the monitor went dark but the PC was still running, I tried it in Safe Mode, Clean Boot and restored an image from 14 days ago all with the same result. I thought before I inflicted on myself two weeks of teeth gnashing and swearing by reloading everything I would ask some clever person here who might have a solution.

Thank you
    Peter

:)

2. Johann Eva Win User

shutdown problem

Hi Gulammurtaza1,

This issue is quite unclear and incomplete to be understood by our readers.
    It is too broad for us to distinguish the main reason why you are having challenges/concerns with shutting down your computer. To have a better understanding of your concerns, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To know, press
      Windows + R
      to open the Run window. Type winverand press
      Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • How do you shut down your computer?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experience this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • What are the activities that you’re performing before you shut down your computer?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot of your Power Options?
    • Did you enable the Fast Startup option?

In addition, we would recommend using a command to manually shutdown your computer. Press
    Windows + R to open Run window. Then, type this command
    Shutdown /s /t 0.

You can get more information about this command by visiting this link:
    Fast startup causes hibernation or shutdown to fail in Windows
    10 or 8.1

Get back to us once you provide us these additional details.

Johann Eva, Jun 10, 2018
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    windows 10 version 1803 welcome screen?

Hello Jim,

The Windows Welcome experience will only be shown after installation of updates and occasionally when you sign in to highlight what's new and suggested by design. For more information about the new features and content of Windows 10 1803, please refer to
    these support articles. It also includes a video that summarizes the new content in this release:

Also, make sure that the Windows welcome experience is enabled on your PC. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings > System > Notifications & actions.
    • Under Notifications, toggle the switch On "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested".

Hope this information helps, feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Jun 10, 2018
Thema:

Very strange shutdown problem in Windows 10 64bit build 1803

Very strange shutdown problem in Windows 10 64bit build 1803 - Similar Threads - Very strange shutdown

1. Very strange audio issue on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Very strange audio issue on Windows 10: Hey everyone. Just a month ago I bought a new PC built at an Alternate store in my own country. The specs are an Intel i5 6400 core, 16GB of RAM, a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 graphics card, and 120GB of SSD + 1TB of storage. My audio seems to be managed by Realtek audio....
  2. Unmovable icon on screen. Very strange. Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Unmovable icon on screen. Very strange. Help: Hi guys, I'm new here so I wanted to say thanks in advance for your help. An unmovable icon has recently appeared on my screen and I was wondering if you have encountered this problem before. I haven't had any major issues that I have noticed with my system, but the...
  3. New laptop - Very strange keyboard issue when using other languages

in Windows 10 Support
    New laptop - Very strange keyboard issue when using other languages: Hi, I'm currently on holiday in Thailand and I bought a basic laptop for writing while here. It's an Acer Switch One SW1-011 with a removable keyboard. It's running Windows 10 32-bit single language and everything is in English. I added Norwegian keyboard to English US as...
  4. Boot up getting very slow, strange black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot up getting very slow, strange black screen: My 4 week old new machine started off very fast boot and now keeps getting slower and slower. My 1Tb drive is only 2% occupied, barely filled On start up, after bios post screen, I now get a black screen with white horizontal cursors dancing around on it. After that stops...
  5. Very Strange Media Creation Tool Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Very Strange Media Creation Tool Problem: I have a test bench case and have been upgrading some of my old Windows 7 licenses to get Windows 10's digital entitlement on a few motherboard/processor combos I am planning to sell soon. My first few went smoothly. However, on my last combo, I'm running in to an odd issue....
  6. Taskbar elements | right click blank menu (very strange)

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar elements | right click blank menu (very strange): Hello! I am using Windows 10 LTSB [MSDN] (version 1607 with latest updates).I have a strange bag. When I click right button on the program icon and in context menu again right click on the menu item - I get an blank menu. Why is this a strange mistake? Video will bring...
  7. No letters showing, Clean installed windows 10, very strange bug?

in Windows 10 Support
    No letters showing, Clean installed windows 10, very strange bug?: [img] Screenshot - 731221e6c51deee7145530467a6f6762 - Gyazo [img] Screenshot - 9a0e4a449c990d6c5c1969ae02b4b5c9 - Gyazo Those pictures show excellently what my problem is i cant see any letters on windows programs, however i am still able to do some stuff...
Very strange shutdown problem in Windows 10 64bit build 1803 solved