Windows 10: very very very slow right click on desktop or copy paste or create folder on any task

Discus and support very very very slow right click on desktop or copy paste or create folder on any task in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using Dell's Latitude 7370 laptop with Windows 10 OS. The PC has so slow that, whatever I click on it, it takes literally 1-2 minutes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MallikarjunYelameli, Jul 15, 2018.

1. very very very slow right click on desktop or copy paste or create folder on any task

I am using Dell's Latitude 7370 laptop with Windows 10 OS.

The PC has so slow that, whatever I click on it, it takes literally 1-2 minutes to perform any task.

I have installed ubuntu14 using virtual box, in ubuntu 14 does the task within a second.

I am eagerly waiting for your reply and solutions.

Thank you.

:)

MallikarjunYelameli, Jul 15, 2018

2. How to copy and paste photos from one folder to another.

Hi Randy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. I will do my best to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below steps:

• Open the photo folder location, right click on the photo and select Copy from the drop down.
    • Now go to the folder location where you wanted to paste the photo, right click on the on the blank space and Select paste from the drop down.
    Hop this helps let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 15, 2018
  3. Personalize desktop with pictures taken and stored within My Pictures

Hi Granite,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to create a new folder, copy pictures whichever you want to set as desktop background and paste in new folder.

Now browse and select this folder to set as desktop background. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on desktop and select Personalize.
    • Under background select Slideshow.
    • Now browse for the folder which you created.
    • Turn on Shuffle.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 15, 2018
  4. very very very slow right click on desktop or copy paste or create folder on any task

Create new folder takes too long

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue specific when creating a new folder or you feel slowness in overall performance of the computer?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    I suggest you to restart the file explorer and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Restart File explorer.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate Windows Explorer.

• Right Click Windows Explorer and select End Task.

• Now select on File tab and click Run Task.

• Type explorer.exe and press ok.

• Check if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to
    Run Maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computers, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

very very very slow right click on desktop or copy paste or create folder on any task

1. very very very slow right click on desktop or copy paste or create folder on any task - Similar Threads - very very very

2. Very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow: I am trying to downgrade my extremely slow windows 10 laptop to windows 7 but I got an error saying Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer and it even takes so long to startup and show my account and password box and when I type in my password...
  3. File explorer/search very very very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer/search very very very slow: Green search bar takes 10+ minutes to complete its progress across the bar .. working on it ... ..... it says - really i think!! Since 20H2 'update' the whole OS seems slow to respond and react, with all apps very slow - obviously suspect the file access an search as the...
  4. very, very slow performance

very, very slow performance: Hi, I'm asking for my sister. she has a computer that responds very, very slowly if it does respond at all. She has a Compaq-Presario running Windows 10 Pro, ver. 1903, OS build 18362.720, upgraded on 8/28/2019 ; 1.99GB memory, with Pentium Dual 2 core CPU E2160 at 1.8GHz...
  5. Right click desktop button is very slow in response?

Right click desktop button is very slow in response?: In my windows-10, the right click desktop button response is very slow.How to rectify this? I have seen some videos regarding this issue,they are suggesting to delete ( igfxcui folders in content menu handlers). Is this approach is safe for my PC?...
  6. Right click new folder windows 10 very slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right click new folder windows 10 very slow: Every time I right click go to new the computer just locks up for 10 seconds. Windows explorer will say "Not responding" than I can click on new folder. When I do this in the task manager it says "appmodel, State Repository Service" goes into high gear and takes alot of CPU...
  7. Very very slow computer

Very very slow computer: My laptop Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series became very very slow in running all applications etc since last 2 weeks. It started after installing few window updates. How to get out of it. Please help....
  8. Very, very slow internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very, very slow internet: Good Morning For the past week I have been having problems with internet pages being very slow to load, having to be constantly refreshed to display the content and often not displaying the content at all despite repeated attempts. I have had my telephone line and...
  9. Copying to USB Very Slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Copying to USB Very Slow: A few times a week I backup my data files to my extended hdd and my USB. Seems it take forever to copy to the USB. Very short time to copy to Extended hdd. I've tried deleting to old backup first so there will be no need to replace and files. That doesn't seem to be...
  10. Refresh very very low on desktop or folder when copy or move files

in Windows 10 Support
    Refresh very very low on desktop or folder when copy or move files: Is some time that when i copy or move files on different folders or also files from folders to desktop, the file copied or moved appear after time, not immediately also if the dimesion is very little. Sometime i must select refresh on desktop or F5 on folder to see files...