Windows 10: Very very weird issue

Discus and support Very very weird issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I bet you never heard of that... every time i turn on the computer, everything runs slow, very slow, like if in place of my Samsung 850 pro SSD, there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Redbridge, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Redbridge Win User

Very very weird issue

I bet you never heard of that... every time i turn on the computer, everything runs slow, very slow, like if in place of my Samsung 850 pro SSD, there would be a floppy disk unit... but, and this is the weird part, if I launch an utility called passmark performance test, immediately the pc get back performing normally... I really don't understand where the problem is... any chance for some help? *Think

my pc spec.
    Mobo ASUS P97 Pro
    CPU I7 4790K
    RAMM 16 MB DDR3 12800 Corsair
    GPU ASUS Nvidia GTX790Ti
    1 SSD Samsung 850 Pro 250 MB
    1 SSD Samsung 850 Evo 500 MB
    2 HDD WD 500 MB
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit

:)

Redbridge, Sep 25, 2016

2. worried very much

This is exactly what happened to my son's computer, when he upgraded to Win 10 his computer crashed and it has not worked since he installed Win 10 on the first day it was made available. I suspect it has destroyed the hard drive. When he turns it on the
    only thing that works is the fan inside the computer and that's it. This is a very expensive gaming computer, Microsoft please help!

Very very very concerned, Sep 25, 2016
  3. 3 year old PC not supported by Windows 10

I just spent an entire day, with the help of an IT buddy, finding out that my tower PC is no longer supported by Windows 10. For weeks I've been bombarded with updates and reminders about upgrading to Windows 10, ver 1609, but each time I upgrade I get
    a black screen around the 75% upgrade complete mark - and I'm forced to back-out to the previous version of Windows 10. Twice a day I'm forced to close an automatic upgrade cause I know its going to fail. Today I took the chance to use Windows 10 Assistant
    - assuming that because of all the issues I've been reading about, MS finally creates something we all can use. Turns out, it fails AGAIN! Only this time, I can't back-out to a previous version....my PC goes into a continues loop of rebooting. Literally
    10hrs later and I'm forced install Windows 8.1 and I'm still working no re-installing all my programs, configuring my system and loading backed-up data.

Never again Microsoft, this was the last straw - you've lost a customer forever....but I'm sure you don't give a crap about one customer - its clear in your product and support.

Very very very unhappy, Sep 25, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

Very very weird issue

Might be worth uninstalling passmark performance test app, to see if that is the problem.

dencal, Sep 25, 2016
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Good place to begin. I wonder if the PC ran fine before the OP installed passmark?

BunnyJ, Sep 25, 2016
  6. Redbridge Win User
    I'm afraid it can't be the passmark utility, because I've installed it after I had notice of the problem at my PC; the purpose was try the sdd performances and other components to find out the cause of slowliness issue... ironically, as soon I launch the utility, the PC come back to normal performances... an of course the benchmarks are all OK...
    To put it in simple words, the PC gets stuck, and utility unlocks the problem... but this is just a clue, the true question is why windows start and remain so turtle slow? how to investigate on this weird behavior. *Huh

PS: well, at least the utility has proven that it is not an hardware issue, and, seem to understand the problem is somewhere into the boot processing... but what it could be?

Redbridge, Sep 25, 2016
  7. dencal Win User
    Open Task Manager, click on Startup tab to view all running apps....disable all unwanted or not necessary on startup....
    Including passmark if there.

dencal, Sep 25, 2016
  8. Very very weird issue

Are you able to enter in to Safe Mode and see how the computer runs there? If it runs as expected, then it is either a driver or some startup app.

DeaconFrost, Sep 25, 2016
  9. Redbridge Win User
    Problem solved with the Media Creation tool downloaded from the link in the bottom here, it works fine, great tool indeed *Smile

Redbridge, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Very very weird issue

1. Very very weird issue - Similar Threads - Very very weird

2. Very weird zoom microphone and headphones issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very weird zoom microphone and headphones issue: Hi everyone. I’m having issues with my microphone and headset not being detected on zoom. I’ve tried a lot of troubleshooting options with no avail. The weird thing is this: every trike I restart my computer zoom will detect my microphone and headphones, but like clockwork,...
  3. Very weird zoom microphone and headphones issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very weird zoom microphone and headphones issue: Hi everyone. I’m having issues with my microphone and headset not being detected on zoom. I’ve tried a lot of troubleshooting options with no avail. The weird thing is this: every trike I restart my computer zoom will detect my microphone and headphones, but like clockwork,...
  4. Very weird zoom microphone and headphones issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Very very weird problem with my mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very very weird problem with my mouse: Some days ago I plugged the main m.2SSD of a friend in my pc forgetting to remove my main sata ssd from the mobo, I got some problems and had to remove the m.2 and restart the bios, once i got back on windows I saw that I could open the apps on the task bar double clicking...
  6. Very very weird problem with my mouse

Very very weird problem with my mouse: Some days ago I plugged the main m.2SSD of a friend in my pc forgetting to remove my main sata ssd from the mobo, I got some problems and had to remove the m.2 and restart the bios, once i got back on windows I saw that I could open the apps on the task bar double clicking...
  7. Very very weird problem with my mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. A Very Weird BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A Very Weird BSOD: Hello! I need help. Just today, I keep on getting bluescreens. I noticed that it happens whenever I leave my laptop on standby for a few minutes. I've tried doing possible fixes but I can't seem to solve the issue. I cannot see the specific problem as what we usually get with...
  9. A Very Weird BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Very Weird BSOD: Hello! I need help. Just today, I keep on getting bluescreens. I noticed that it happens whenever I leave my laptop on standby for a few minutes. I've tried doing possible fixes but I can't seem to solve the issue. I cannot see the specific problem as what we usually get with...
  10. A Very Weird BSOD