Windows 10: VGA not working

Discus and support VGA not working in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, i have a custom built PC and an LG monitor plugged in already for a while with HDMI. Now i got a second monitor (Dell) with VGA cable but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by dennismate, Nov 22, 2016.

1. VGA not working

Hello, i have a custom built PC
    and an LG monitor plugged in already for a while with HDMI.
    Now i got a second monitor (Dell) with VGA cable but Windows 10 says it can't detect the second monitor

What now?

Thanks in advance

:)

dennismate, Nov 22, 2016
  2. some1tookmine, Nov 22, 2016
  3. John Vil Win User
    Laptop to TV through VGA not working

Hello Erika,

One possible reason why your laptop couldn't connect to your TV after an update may be due to an incompatible driver. For us to better assist you and provide you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly answer the questions below:

• What is the current version/build of your Windows 10 laptop? To check, type
      winver
      on Cortana's search field and press Enter.
    • What is the make and model of your laptop and your laptop's video card?

We also suggest that you download and install the latest driver for your video card from your computer manufacturer's site which is compatible with your current Windows 10 version.

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Nov 22, 2016
  4. Neemobeer Win User

VGA not working

What is the model of the graphics card?

Neemobeer, Nov 22, 2016
  5. its an MSI GeForce GTX 970 4G

dennismate, Nov 22, 2016
  6. Is it connected via an DVI to VGA adapter?

alphanumeric, Nov 23, 2016
  7. bobkn Win User
    I think you're on the right track.

I looked at the specs for an MSI GTX 970. It has no VGA connector. It has two DVI ports. One is DVI-I, the other is DVI-D.

If a DVI to VGA adapter is used, it must be plugged into the DVI-I port. (The DVI-D one does not give an analog signal.)

bobkn, Nov 23, 2016
  8. VGA not working

Exactly, why I asked that question. *Wink

alphanumeric, Nov 23, 2016
  9. swarfega Win User
    Does the Dell not have modern connectors? I am confused why you'd want to use VGA these days.

What is the make and model of the monitor?

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

VGA not working

1. VGA not working - Similar Threads - VGA working

2. VGA light after boot pc but work fine after rest CMOS and boot manullay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VGA light after boot pc but work fine after rest CMOS and boot manullay: My pc work fine, but now when i boot it gets stuck on the VGA light, but when i rest CMOS and go to bios and chose F8 run from specific drive work fine, if i restart the pc problem comes again. I check bios boot setting...
  3. VGA light after boot pc but work fine after rest CMOS and boot manullay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VGA light after boot pc but work fine after rest CMOS and boot manullay: My pc work fine, but now when i boot it gets stuck on the VGA light, but when i rest CMOS and go to bios and chose F8 run from specific drive work fine, if i restart the pc problem comes again. I check bios boot setting...
  4. VGA light after boot pc but work fine after rest CMOS and boot manullay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My VGA Converter doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My VGA Converter doesn't work: I bought a VGA converter to DP. As I see, it convertes analogic signal to digital. I bought it so I could use on my new GPU AMD RX 550 But it doesn't work, I've tried reinstall any kind of drives, safe mode, resolution from GPU and Windows, BIOS, but anything works. This is...
  6. My VGA Converter doesn't work

My VGA Converter doesn't work: I bought a VGA converter to DP. As I see, it convertes analogic signal to digital. I bought it so I could use on my new GPU AMD RX 550 But it doesn't work, I've tried reinstall any kind of drives, safe mode, resolution from GPU and Windows, BIOS, but anything works. This is...
  7. My VGA Converter doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. usb c to vga is not working and giving me prompt 'no singal'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb c to vga is not working and giving me prompt 'no singal': I recently bought a usb hub but its not working in my Lenovo ideapad s340 and giving me prompt on my acer monitor screen 'no singal' . I tried the same hub with my another HP laptop and acer screen and it is working. I also tried the same hub with HP laptop and my tv with...
  9. usb c to vga is not working and giving me prompt 'no singal'

usb c to vga is not working and giving me prompt 'no singal': I recently bought a usb hub but its not working in my Lenovo ideapad s340 and giving me prompt on my acer monitor screen 'no singal' . I tried the same hub with my another HP laptop and acer screen and it is working. I also tried the same hub with HP laptop and my tv with...
  10. VGA to USB3 adapter not working properly- no video output

VGA to USB3 adapter not working properly- no video output: using an ibuypower pre-built gaming PC with this processor: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11700F @ 2.50GHz. Can give additional specs if you tell me what you need to know and how I can find it. I don't know the exact make and model of the monitor aside from it being an Acer, but...