Windows 10: vga port recognition, Windows 10 failure

Discus and support vga port recognition, Windows 10 failure in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Before upgrade external monitor on the vga port was recognized. Now the device manager/troubleshooter are useless.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gnofleas, Aug 4, 2018.

1. gnofleas Win User

vga port recognition, Windows 10 failure

Before upgrade external monitor on the vga port was recognized. Now the device manager/troubleshooter are useless.

:)

gnofleas, Aug 4, 2018
  2. Gil deG Win User

VGA Port Connecting to TV Screen

Hi Peter,

The VGA port on your computer is the port where your monitor is connected.

You may use a VGA to HDMI cable to connect to your TV, sometimes some computer has already HDMI port.

We suggest that you contact your computer manufacturer for further assistance if your computer has HDMI port.

If you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to post back here.

Gil deG, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/using-speech-recognition

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Aug 4, 2018
  4. oodles Win User

Windows 10 upgrade messed up 2nd monitor resolution on vga port

Running ASUS A88X-PRO connected to 2 identical ASUS ProArt 246 monitors at 1920x1200 recommended resolution. One monitor connected through DVI port and second monitor on the VGA port. Everything worked fine with Windows 8.

Upgraded to Windows 10 monitor on the VGA port would only display the central 70-80% portion of the image even though both monitors set to the same 1920x1200 resolution.

Installed latest BIOS and chipset updates and drivers for Windows 10. Tried swapping monitors but problem is always with the VGA port monitor. Went through Control Panel, rechecked display settings numerous times without improvment.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

oodles, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

1. vga port recognition, Windows 10 failure - Similar Threads - vga port recognition

2. VGA port not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VGA port not working: I recently got a new computer, HP ENVY Desktop TE01-3197c, with Windows 11. I connect two monitors to it, one using VGA and the second using DVI-d, and only the second monitor is working, the computer doesn't recognize the other. I tried going to the advanced setting and...
  3. VGA port not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VGA port not working: I recently got a new computer, HP ENVY Desktop TE01-3197c, with Windows 11. I connect two monitors to it, one using VGA and the second using DVI-d, and only the second monitor is working, the computer doesn't recognize the other. I tried going to the advanced setting and...
  4. VGA Port not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VGA Port not working: Alright so I had this old computer with parts that were made in 2012 or so and it had no graphics card, 3 years later I bought my current pc which has a NVIDIA gtx 950, I could use a VGA cable on my old pc just fine, but this current one only works with an HDMI cable, while...
  5. LOSS OF MY HDMI AND VGA PORTS AFTER UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 10

LOSS OF MY HDMI AND VGA PORTS AFTER UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 10: DEAR FOLKS: IT HAS CAUSED ME SO MUCH CONSTERNATION TO HAVE LOST MY HDMI PORT AND MY VGA PORT AFTER USING THE PORTS HAPPILY BEFORE DOWNLOADING WINDOWS TEN ... I MEAN WHY WHY WHY ??? WHY WAS THIS NECESSARY ??? AREN'T YOU SUPPOSED TO BE HELPING US ??? I MEAN YOUR...
  6. USB Port failure and computer freezing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB Port failure and computer freezing on Windows 10: Hello, Recently my computer started freezing. I noticed my Dell mouse and keyboard's lights were off. Upon hard reset, the same light going out issue occurred quite quickly and Windows displayed a diagnostic screen showing the USB Failure issue and was sending data to the...
  7. Facial recognition failure in Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facial recognition failure in Photos: I posted the question below a few months ago and got some help but we never get it sorted. I have waited for the new Win 10 build but there is no difference. I have reset everything to do with the Photos app and also reinstalled it. Most strange! Has anyone had the same...
  8. Audio Device Recognition Failure

Audio Device Recognition Failure: After updating Windows last night I awoke to notice that my headset plugged in via a FiiO USB DAC-E10 is not being recognized as an audio device. After checking the device manager I noticed Windows recognizes the device as a USB device but I cannot use it for audio out pass...
  9. Display port failure?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display port failure?: My extended desktop, connected to an HDMI tv via display port, quit working a few weeks back. Not sure exactly when - it was working, then once when I tried to access it the tv said "no signal". I bought a different DP to HDMI cable, but no difference. Is there a setting that...
  10. VGA Port Not Broadcasting to Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    VGA Port Not Broadcasting to Second Monitor: Machine: Lenovo - Ideacentre 300S Desktop - Intel Core i3 - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive OS: Windows 10 Processor Model: Intel 4th Generation Core i3 Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 4400 Backstory: I had my computer setup and working properly with dual monitors. I...