Windows 10: vhdmp.sys read only sudden crashes.

Discus and support vhdmp.sys read only sudden crashes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Had a few sudden BSOD's not the same as I remember with previous windows. This one reports it is gathering information and if memory serves me says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Trapper, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Trapper Win User

vhdmp.sys read only sudden crashes.

Had a few sudden BSOD's not the same as I remember with previous windows. This one reports it is gathering information and if memory serves me says something like Attempted-write-to-readonly-memory.vhdmp.sys at the bottom. I have run Memtest 86+ for around 21 hours with 9 passes, one error showed up at around 6 hours and I have included a screenshot. Also a dumpfile as suggested, however the last BSOD was about a week ago so do not know if that was too long ago.

Hopefully the memtest screenshot will mean something to someone!

*Eek File Upload Manager seems to be having a bad hair day, taking ages to upload the desktop files. I will try again later when I have more time.

Its Later.
    Still no joy, the little black & white squares go round and round, round and round, round and round........ The little black & white squares go round and round.............

Over half an hour so far........ *Mad

Try again much later.............

:)

Trapper, Jan 12, 2016

2. BSOD: Attempt to write to read only memory (VHDMP.SYS) during Windos Backup

Since yesterday I have been failing to backup the HDD image on an external hard drive. At every attempt the system crashed when the process was about 95% done. The BSOD says that I attempted to write to read only memory and points at the VHDMP.SYS file (whatever
    it is). I have googled the problem and I can see that a few other people also experienced it, but all of those threads lack a solution. Please help me.

RyszardNienaski, Jan 12, 2016
  3. Blue Screen problems

Hi - I keep getting a Blue screen since I was automatically changed to Windows 10.

The latest appears when I try and log-off and I get DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION.

The one before was ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READ ONLY MEMORY with a code vhdmp.sys.

What can I do to stop these?

Thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Stefan Reynolds, Jan 12, 2016
  4. Trapper Win User

Memtest photo attached but dumpfile zip not, seems to be too large at 1.35MB. 40 min and still not uploaded. How long should it take to upload 1.35MB?

Trapper, Jan 12, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    Depends on your internet connection how long it takes.

If you haven't tested each stick separated from the others in each slot, then I suggest to do that.

6. PhunkyD Win User
    Are you running any antivirus software? Try disabling it before you run backups

PhunkyD, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. vhdmp.sys read only sudden crashes. - Similar Threads - vhdmp sys read

2. Windows 10. All folders are suddenly read-only.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10. All folders are suddenly read-only.: Suddenly today 6/28/22 all my folders are read only. I've tried all the suggestions I can find on the internet including:- uninstalling anti-virus software- being logged in as administrator- changing permissions administrator and users- changing the folder attributes- running...
  3. Windows 10. All folders are suddenly read-only.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10. All folders are suddenly read-only.: Suddenly today 6/28/22 all my folders are read only. I've tried all the suggestions I can find on the internet including:- uninstalling anti-virus software- being logged in as administrator- changing permissions administrator and users- changing the folder attributes- running...
  4. Windows 10. All folders are suddenly read-only.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Read only: For some reason Windows has set WindowsApps to read only, and when I uncheck read only, it just becomes rechecked again. This is to fix an isssue in Reshade on MCC where I get this message.The only solution I've been given is to ensure that the folder in question WindowsApps...
  6. Read Only

Read Only: How do I change a file from Read Only to readable so I can make changes and save it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only/4aa037bd-76c4-4d79-ab31-74c95ec65740
  7. Hiberfil-sys and Pagefil.sys can a read-only them?

Hiberfil-sys and Pagefil.sys can a read-only them?: Hi, I was wondering if it's safe to check the "read-only" attribute for these to files! I have searched for quite a bit and have not found any info in regards to this, only if it was safe to delete them. Thanks if you reply!...
  8. Read Only

in Windows 10 Support
    Read Only: I keep getting these read only messages when the file was created by me and saved but iwhen open it will not allow me to save it again. This happens with both excel and word. It never happened before unless I opened a document opened from email. This is annoying because I...
  9. Folder structure suddenly read-only on DATA drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder structure suddenly read-only on DATA drive: Windows is my C: drive. All my data files are on D: the issue I'm having is with folders inside a folder structure that looks like this, on my DATA drive: D:\Photo\Catalog\Half-Done catalogs Suddenly some sub-folders inside this folder structure are read-only. I did the...
  10. read only

in Windows 10 Support
    read only: Why can’t I turn read only off in w10 125112