Windows 10: VIA HD audio deck with some functionality problems.

Discus and support VIA HD audio deck with some functionality problems. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've recently upgraded to Windows 10 and needed to install the audio manager (as the first time I loaded the computer, the audio playback was echoing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xJoeeFTW, Aug 6, 2015.

1. xJoeeFTW Win User

VIA HD audio deck with some functionality problems.

I've recently upgraded to Windows 10 and needed to install the audio manager (as the first time I loaded the computer, the audio playback was echoing like hell). I've installed the most recent driver for it and the program itself works. However I've lost the functions to use the sound equalizer and the environment modelling features. No matter if I click 'enable', none of it works.

Is there anyway round I can get it working, or is this a matter of waiting for VIA to release any updates?

:)

xJoeeFTW, Aug 6, 2015
  2. Mike-Ruskin, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Mike-Ruskin, Aug 6, 2015
  4. lvgandhi Win User

I have ASUS S400CA with VIA sound system. I also had a problem mic not working. I have uninstalled drivers of VIA from device manager|audio inputs and outputs and also from sound, video and game controllers. Rebooted. Microsoft installed drivers while rebooting. Now every thing works fine.

lvgandhi, Aug 6, 2015
  5. xJoeeFTW Win User
    Sadly however, it's still not working for me. I've uninstalled everything that is associated with VIA and rebooted the computer. Let the computer install needed drivers/updates and whatnot. I then installed the latest drivers (based on what I've been reading from other sources and websites), which now the program itself won't open.
    It's rather annoying because the speakers I used can sometimes give off way too much bass and I need to use the environment modelling and the sound equalizers to balance it out.

xJoeeFTW, Aug 6, 2015
  6. Bajomoj Win User
    I have exact same problem with via audio chipset. After upgrading to win 10, my sound is awful, there is no bass at all, and nothing i can do about it, because no "speaker fill" or any other option works anymore. I have tried to find new drivers, but there are no new drivers. I have solved this problem by reverting to windows 7 where all works perfect. So, if all works as it should on win 7, my conclusion is that windows 10 is only mutilated windows 7 with makeup. Piece of crap.

Bajomoj, Aug 11, 2015
  7. xJoeeFTW Win User
    Sorry for the long reply, internet issues VIA HD audio deck with some functionality problems. :p. But I've emailed the manufacturer of the driver and they emailed me back, saying that they will release an updated driver for windows 10, though it won't be right away.

xJoeeFTW, Aug 13, 2015
  8. erpster4 Win User

of course VIA won't release updated audio drivers for Win10 right away, xJoeeFTW. what did you expect? they're slow and their web site hasn't had any info about any Windows 10 driver downloads.

however, you could try this audio driver package that was recently posted on a third party download site. it's version 6.0.11.1000 and seems to have an updated version of VDeck that might work on Windows 10.

erpster4, Aug 17, 2015
  9. Nico94 Win User
    Hello, the driver was release today. You can find it at : VIA Drivers Download - VIA Technologies, Inc.
    You have to click on "Drivers or support package" and select Windows10 32/64 bit.
    Everything works fine for me (subwoofer, speaker, headphone...) *Wink

Nico94, Aug 18, 2015
  10. Kevzombie Win User
    I would also try running it as "Administrator" if you haven't already. I couldn't even get it to launch unless I ran it as admin!

Kevzombie, Aug 19, 2015
  11. xJoeeFTW Win User
    I installed that and I'm still not getting anything to work, much less get the program to work, even if I ran it as administrator.

EDIT: I got the control panel open, however I still can't use any of its functions, like the sound modeling and the equalizer to work. Additionally I'm unable to get sounds to play off the headphones and the speakers at the same time.

xJoeeFTW, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. VIA HD audio deck with some functionality problems. - Similar Threads - VIA audio deck

2. Problem with Realtek HD Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Realtek HD Audio: Hello, I am contacting in need of support for realtek audio driver as it is not working. With this print screen screenshot: printscreen, it shows that I do have the audio driver installed. However, nothing is working and It doesn't even show in my Device Manager as shown by:...
  3. realtek hd audio problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    realtek hd audio problems: [ATTACH] Hi, im from mexico, i have a problem and i dont know how to solve it, Realtek hd audio is detecting another device in my computer, that device doesnt exist, i think the next thing: the device1 is the real one front and back bus but windows isnt detect something....
  4. hd audio problem

hd audio problem: i am unable to change the sample rate and bit depth to higher because 24/48 is the highest option available in win10 audio settings. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hd-audio-problem/f45f5730-5f44-4671-b066-a5f8aafd6740
  5. VIA HD Audio microphone not working

VIA HD Audio microphone not working: So, after fruitless attempts at fixing the issue using other people threads I've decided to create my own. I'm one of those unlucky to be bugged by sound issues after an upgrade to Win10 from Win7. My Siberia v2 headset microphone doesn't work. What I've tried:...
  6. Via HD Audio - Sound and Mic not working

Via HD Audio - Sound and Mic not working: I'm going around in circles on this one. I just upgraded my ASUS Laptop from Win 8.1 to Win 10 X64. (It has Via HD Audio) Initially, sound worked but the microphone didn't. I fussed with many settings but nothing seemed to work. I uninstalled and reinstalled the...
  7. Via HD Audio Distorted for Headphones

Via HD Audio Distorted for Headphones: Hello all! I've just upgraded to Windows 10, and despite all the cool and fun stuff I got with the upgrade, I am quite disappointed that I cannot use my headphones on the notebook. The speakers function properly, but my headphones are producing an awkward sound. I will try...
  8. Via HD audio drivers not working for microphone

Via HD audio drivers not working for microphone: I installed windows 10 for my Asus laptop(which was running windows 8.1 pro and the mic worked perfectly) , and the microphone just doesn't work. I tried to install the latest win 10 drivers for Via, and that didn't help. Are there any fixes for this problem, or am I just out...
  9. VIA HD Audio not working properly build 10130

VIA HD Audio not working properly build 10130: Since the installation yesterday of 10130 the audio has stopped working. Have tried installing new drivers, deactivating and reactivating but nothing seems to fix it. The system claims that everything is working properly but it sure does not. When I try to use the test tone...
  10. VIA HD Audio Not Working After Anniversary Update

VIA HD Audio Not Working After Anniversary Update: [img] What Should I do ? Please Help Me.. VDeck is Important for EQ *Sad *Sad 58824