Windows 10: Via HD Audio Distorted for Headphones

Discus and support Via HD Audio Distorted for Headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If you do a new install, I would suggest trying a "clean" Windows 10 install and not an "upgrade" to Windows 10. No guarantee this will work, only one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BlacksmithVRS, Jan 31, 2016.

1. fireberd Win User

Via HD Audio Distorted for Headphones

If you do a new install, I would suggest trying a "clean" Windows 10 install and not an "upgrade" to Windows 10. No guarantee this will work, only one suggestion.

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

fireberd, Feb 2, 2016

2. This was my last move. Oddly, I wiped the system partition and did a clean W10 installation, but my wallpaper along with other documents and settings kept the same!

BlacksmithVRS, Feb 2, 2016
  3. fireberd Win User
    I think Windows saves those and reinstalls them from the "cloud". I have the exact same Wallpaper and added apps on two desktop systems with Windows 10 and also a third Win 10 "Preview" (Insider program) version also has the same Wallpaper.

fireberd, Feb 2, 2016
  4. Via HD Audio Distorted for Headphones

Still in windows 10, I installed and tried my M-Audio FastTrack Ultra as the playback device, and plugging the headphone into the monitor jack delivers perfect audio, while the sound remains an issue when plugging the headphone on the laptop itself. I really want to stick with windows 10, but this is not helping.

BlacksmithVRS, Feb 5, 2016
  5. Have you tried plugging in an external USB sound card and see if that helps?

theveterans, Feb 6, 2016
  6. fireberd Win User
    The M-Audio Fast track Ultra is a "USB sound card" and no distortion according to the users post above yours.

I'm at the point there is some type of hardware problem.

fireberd, Feb 6, 2016
  7. As I now made it work with a usb sound card, I will now try to boot from a usb-bootable windows 7 to check that windows 7 has a clear headphone audio with the generic driver. If that is confirmed, I do not know what else can be done.

BlacksmithVRS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Via HD Audio Distorted for Headphones

1. Via HD Audio Distorted for Headphones - Similar Threads - Via Audio Distorted

2. Audio distortion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio distortion: Hello, I have an hp omen laptop 15-en0009nl with windows 11.For a while I have been experiencing problems with my audio, sometimes the entire pc lags for a second and when it "catches up" the audio is distorted, but most of the times it just gets distorted without lagging.The...
  3. distorted audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    distorted audio: When i play sound off of serato dj pro out my laptop it is extremely distorted. if i record audio and play it back it is very distorted. I have tried so many different ways to fix it but havent been able to find a solution and i cannot find anything online to fix it!...
  4. Headphone Problems with Realtek HD Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Problems with Realtek HD Audio: Ever since I've upgraded to windows 11, I've had problems with my headphones. Also to note, I've never used headphones that connect using a jack with my pc. I just upgraded to the Arctis Nova 1 and they work great on my mac. I plugged them into my pc and its stuck on mono...
  5. Headphone Problems with Realtek HD Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Problems with Realtek HD Audio: Ever since I've upgraded to windows 11, I've had problems with my headphones. Also to note, I've never used headphones that connect using a jack with my pc. I just upgraded to the Arctis Nova 1 and they work great on my mac. I plugged them into my pc and its stuck on mono...
  6. Bluetooth Headphones Has Distorted Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphones Has Distorted Audio: Hi everyone,To begin, I use these headphones with my laptop HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cs0xxx, and I just recently bought them. It has been at least a month since I've purchased them from my local Walmart store. These headphones had no known issues up until this month. This issue...
  7. VIA HD Audio microphone not working

VIA HD Audio microphone not working: So, after fruitless attempts at fixing the issue using other people threads I've decided to create my own. I'm one of those unlucky to be bugged by sound issues after an upgrade to Win10 from Win7. My Siberia v2 headset microphone doesn't work. What I've tried:...
  8. VIA HD Audio doesn't switch between speakers/headphones

VIA HD Audio doesn't switch between speakers/headphones: This is just a small problem, but pretty annoying one. I recently updated to Win 10, and the first thing I noticed was that the sound settings were weird. Both speakers and headphone sounds work perfectly fine, but they don't automatically switch when I plug/unplug the...
  9. Via HD Audio - Sound and Mic not working

Via HD Audio - Sound and Mic not working: I'm going around in circles on this one. I just upgraded my ASUS Laptop from Win 8.1 to Win 10 X64. (It has Via HD Audio) Initially, sound worked but the microphone didn't. I fussed with many settings but nothing seemed to work. I uninstalled and reinstalled the...
  10. Via HD audio drivers not working for microphone

Via HD audio drivers not working for microphone: I installed windows 10 for my Asus laptop(which was running windows 8.1 pro and the mic worked perfectly) , and the microphone just doesn't work. I tried to install the latest win 10 drivers for Via, and that didn't help. Are there any fixes for this problem, or am I just out...