Windows 10: VIA HD Audio doesn't switch between speakers/headphones

Discus and support VIA HD Audio doesn't switch between speakers/headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is just a small problem, but pretty annoying one. I recently updated to Win 10, and the first thing I noticed was that the sound settings were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by UniqueID, Aug 14, 2015.

1. UniqueID Win User

VIA HD Audio doesn't switch between speakers/headphones

This is just a small problem, but pretty annoying one.

I recently updated to Win 10, and the first thing I noticed was that the sound settings were weird. Both speakers and headphone sounds work perfectly fine, but they don't automatically switch when I plug/unplug the headphones. I have to manually go into sound and set one device or another to default.

Not too tech savvy, any help? *Shock

:)

UniqueID, Aug 14, 2015
  2. jsdaggett Win User

Audio

I have audio problems with the Win 10 final release.

Dell Latitude E5520

IDT 92HDxxx HD Audio

1) If I use the built-in Win 10 driver ("High Definition Audio Device") I can hear speakers/headphone, and switching between speakers and headphones works fine BUT my laptop microphone IS NOT usable ("Not plugged in").

2) If I use the latest driver from Dell (IDT 92HDxxx HD Audio Driver) I can initially hear through speakers but as soon as I plug in headphones I can't switch back to speakers (i.e. switching between speakers and headphones does NOT work) and my laptop microphone
    DOES work.

I would be happy to provide more info and to assist in debugging.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

John D.

jsdaggett, Aug 14, 2015
  3. jsdaggett Win User
    Sound not working after Windows 10 update

I have audio problems with the Win 10 final release.

Dell Latitude E5520

IDT 92HDxxx HD Audio

1) If I use the built-in Win 10 driver ("High Definition Audio Device") I can hear speakers/headphone, and switching between speakers and headphones works fine BUT my laptop microphone IS NOT usable ("Not plugged in").

2) If I use the latest driver from Dell (IDT 92HDxxx HD Audio Driver) I can initially hear through speakers but as soon as I plug in headphones I can't switch back to speakers (i.e. switching between speakers and headphones does NOT work) and my laptop microphone
    DOES work.

I would be happy to provide more info and to assist in debugging.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

John D.

jsdaggett, Aug 14, 2015
  4. fireberd Win User

I don't have a link but I've seen some posts that the VIA sound drivers need updating for Windows 10. May be the problem.

fireberd, Aug 14, 2015
  5. lvgandhi Win User
    I am also having VIA in ASUS S400CA. For me mic was not even working. Now after uninstalling and reboot helped mic to work. But however OP problem of speaker/headphone persists.

lvgandhi, Aug 15, 2015
  6. Tomas Win User
    Hello,
    Same problem here, any solution would be appreciated

Tomas, Aug 15, 2015
  7. nnavidson Win User
    I'm also having the same problem. I've played around with drivers, but couldn't get it to work. It seems silly having to manually switch the default speaker whenever I want to put in headphones.

nnavidson, Aug 15, 2015
  8. erpster4 Win User

can you guys with VIA audio try this big driver package recently posted online? the zip file is almost 300Mb in size. VIA doesn't have that posted on the VIA downloads site and their web site does not even list Windows 10 on there.

erpster4, Aug 17, 2015
  9. Tomas Win User
    It fixed the problem, thank you

Tomas, Aug 17, 2015
  10. tulving Win User
    With that big driver package, the switch problem is fixed, but the mic doesn't work for me (Asus VivoBook S400CA with Windows 10 Home 64bit)

tulving, Aug 19, 2015
  11. Kevzombie Win User
    Download the new windows 10 driver, it was barely released yesterday!

VIA Drivers and Support Packages Download

This solved the problem for me as well, it was really annoying until yesterday! One thing I've noticed wrong with it is HD Vdeck does not seem to work. I also had a problem where Audio Enhancements were creating audio problems, but it all seems fixed now ( below is an image of what it said added to the non automatic switching ). ** Just make sure your codec is listed before downloading and installing for example mine is VT 2021!**

Kevzombie, Aug 19, 2015
  12. lvgandhi Win User
    Mine is also ASUS S400CA. With new driver mic not working.
    I tried old method of uninstalling all drivers and rebooing. Then also mic is not working.
    Now more problem than solution.

lvgandhi, Aug 19, 2015
  13. Kevzombie Win User

I had trouble with it not showing, I just reinstalled the driver over again and it worked. I had to do that twice I just finally did a clean install from W10 and it happened to me but it was an easy fix!

Kevzombie, Aug 19, 2015
  14. nnavidson Win User
    It seems that VIA's site is updated. The following driver fixed things for me on my Asus S400C.

VIA Drivers and Support Packages Download

nnavidson, Aug 19, 2015
  15. sabbyj Win User
    sabbyj, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

1. VIA HD Audio doesn't switch between speakers/headphones - Similar Threads - VIA Audio doesn't

2. Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones: I cant find my speakers on the output devices, although when i plug out my headphones, they are automatically connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-between-speakers-and-headphones/e25db9b7-8303-42db-af28-0b2907bbafcc
  3. Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones: I cant find my speakers on the output devices, although when i plug out my headphones, they are automatically connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-between-speakers-and-headphones/e25db9b7-8303-42db-af28-0b2907bbafcc
  4. Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can no longer switch between speakers and headphones

Can no longer switch between speakers and headphones: Hi!So I have a windows 10 PC and have a pretty basic speaker set up creative pebble 2.0 and headphones plugged in razer kraken x.My speakers are connected to the usb and output jack in the back of my PC, my headphones are connected to the output jack on the front of my PC so...
  6. Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help: Hey guys, im using speakers most of the time but switch to my headset when i want to talk to someone (DUH). I have my speakers plugged into the back of my pc and my headphones in the front/top in the specific headset port, now my problem is, that i always have to plug or...
  7. Audio not switching between speakers and headphones after case swap

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio not switching between speakers and headphones after case swap: Got my self a new computer case yesterday and plugged in my old components and everything went fine. But now when im switching between my speakers and headphones the audio stays on just my headphones until i open a new program then it plays on my speakers and vice versa....
  8. Audio doesn't automatically switch between headphones and laptop speaker output

Audio doesn't automatically switch between headphones and laptop speaker output: Not sure when or why this happened, but my Surface Laptop running Windows 10 no longer automatically switches between audio output sources headphones and built-in Surface Laptop speakers. If I have sound playing and no headphones plugged in, the sound will continue to play...
  9. Via HD Audio Distorted for Headphones

Via HD Audio Distorted for Headphones: Hello all! I've just upgraded to Windows 10, and despite all the cool and fun stuff I got with the upgrade, I am quite disappointed that I cannot use my headphones on the notebook. The speakers function properly, but my headphones are producing an awkward sound. I will try...
  10. Realtek HD audio indentifies headphones as speakers.

in Windows 10 Support
    Realtek HD audio indentifies headphones as speakers.: Realtek HD Changing Jack output reassignments ( FIX ) - Windows 7 Help Forums I found this old thread but I couldn't get any help from it because my regedit index doesn't look the same as theirs. I don't have a "DevType_0888_SS147b1083" or "DevType_0885_SS18490890"...