Windows 10: Viability of a USB DAC?

Discus and support Viability of a USB DAC? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Oh, amazing!! Thats really helpful. Done and done. Cheers Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Maltesespace, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Viability of a USB DAC?

Oh, amazing!! Thats really helpful. Done and done. Cheers

Maltesespace, Nov 23, 2015
  2. Rocky Win User

Mostly vinyl and HDTracks, also I rip DVD-Audio and 1411 kbps CDs.

Rocky, Nov 24, 2015
  3. If you have a favorite music album that you want to listen as close to the master record, then you can always use a search engine to look HD audio sellers. HD Tracks are good that they offer FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, PCM WAV all the way up to 192khz 24-bit. There's also exotic formats such as DSD (HDTracks also provides this format) or even MQA (Master Quality Authenticated). The latter two are DAC dependent.

theveterans, Nov 24, 2015
  4. Rocky Win User

Viability of a USB DAC?

Yes, there are many different vendors for high resolution audio on the internet, and there are also many different physical formats for high resolution audio. I have several of my favorite albums on Blu Ray audio, but you have to be careful with the mastering and the source. Generally speaking, Japanese DSD discs always seem to be sourced from the artist's original master tape, but these discs usually cost about $65 each here in the US. I have many hundreds of these discs, but I do not transfer these DSD files to my computer, I play them in my media server.

Rocky, Nov 24, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    May I ask which application you use to play DSD files? Do you just insert the SACD disc or DVD-Audio disk in the drive or you need a converter?

spapakons, Nov 24, 2015
  6. Rocky Win User
    Rocky, Nov 25, 2015
  7. spapakons Win User
    Isn't there any software that can read SACDs directly from a PC DVD-ROM? Not that I have any, but good to know.

EDIT: You can play it with Foobar by adding the sacd playback plugin. You can also play it with WinAmp using the AC3/DST decoder plugin. Just rename the DSD file to DTS (by saving on hard disk)

spapakons, Nov 25, 2015
  8. Rocky Win User

Viability of a USB DAC?

Yes, foobar2000 definite plays DSD files, but unfortunately there is no onboard hardware that will read SACDs.

Rocky, Nov 27, 2015
  9. spapakons Win User
    I thought they are similar to DVD so, in theory, they can be read in a DVD-ROM with appropriate software. Isn't that true?

spapakons, Nov 27, 2015
  10. Rocky Win User
    Sony makes the chip for playing SACDs and they have never licensed the technology to any PC maker. This ability was never included in any Sony PCs and was removed rather quickly from the PlayStation 3. Also, if you want a PlayStation 3 that does have the ability, make sure it matches the manufacturing window when it was included and you have to get into the BIOS to make sure that Sony has not deactivated this ability. Sony released a firmware update that completely eliminated the ability from the few Playstations that had the ability.

Rocky, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Viability of a USB DAC?

1. Viability of a USB DAC? - Similar Threads - Viability USB DAC

2. Windows 11 not seeing USB DAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not seeing USB DAC: I have a Geshelli J2 DAC that has worked flawlessly. However, while updating a new monitor's firmware, Windows, for some reason, has stopped recognizing the device altogether. I have restarted the computer multiple times, uninstalled and reinstalled device firmware, and used...
  3. Windows 11 not seeing USB DAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not seeing USB DAC: I have a Geshelli J2 DAC that has worked flawlessly. However, while updating a new monitor's firmware, Windows, for some reason, has stopped recognizing the device altogether. I have restarted the computer multiple times, uninstalled and reinstalled device firmware, and used...
  4. Schiit Hel usb DAC not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Schiit Hel usb DAC not recognized: I have a problem with my Schiit Hel DAC in Windows 10. It does not show up as a device, I can't use it as input nor output. I have tried new cables, different ports, no luck.The device is connected to a tabletop PC, to USB 2.0 ports, as instructed by the manufacturer, on the...
  5. Schiit Hel usb DAC not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Schiit Hel usb DAC not recognized: I have a problem with my Schiit Hel DAC in Windows 10. It does not show up as a device, I can't use it as input nor output. I have tried new cables, different ports, no luck.The device is connected to a tabletop PC, to USB 2.0 ports, as instructed by the manufacturer, on the...
  6. Schiit Hel usb DAC not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. chrome usb dac issues

chrome usb dac issues: hi all, how come when i open chrome the audio with vlc stops? happens only with the usb dac, not with the integrated? Thank you. 180256
  8. usb dac issues

usb dac issues: hi, I recently bought a usb dac, model lusya fever from aliexpress, when connected to the pc vlc stops when listening to mp3 songs and also when restarting the speakers emit a bump. What can it be ? I deactivated the integrated sound card but nothing, with ubuntu live the...
  9. usb dac not working overnight

usb dac not working overnight: Just bought myself a all-in-one amplifier with usb dac - Audiolab M-One. I used the usb dac for the audio output from my pc. Installed the driver from its official website and the dac worked fine. Then it happened that the other day it will show "device descriptor...
  10. USB audio output to external DAC

USB audio output to external DAC: Hi There, My USB audio driver is constantly dropping. I tried 100 different approach, nothing worked. Please help. Of course Intel NUC is connected to my Sony TV using HDMI and I wish to output audio via USB to my external DAC. Intel NUC8i5 all hardware driver updated...