Windows 10: Video - Adding subtitle to a movie

Discus and support Video - Adding subtitle to a movie in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to add subtitle to a movie (mp4 format), seaching the net found some, each one has to be installed first. One of my tests is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Motim, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Motim Win User

Video - Adding subtitle to a movie

Hello,
    I am trying to add subtitle to a movie (mp4 format), seaching the net found some, each one has to be installed first.
    One of my tests is "Videpad video editor", found a subtitle file in Hebrew, .srt format. First I located both movie and subtitle in one folder, both same name, to chk the subtitle I opened the movie in 'MPC-HC' player, started to play - the subtitle runs correctly (synchro) with the movie. Then started the "Videopad", loaded the movie and the subtitle. The subtitle as said above is Hebrew, on the preview the fonts are giberish, the window of text selecting fonts, size etc. is Gray - disabled, dont know why.
    Almost the same happens with "HandBrake", there I could select Hebrew and utf-8, but in preview its giberish.
    Is someone familiar with the both programs, or recomend a program to do the job.
    I tried also virtualdub, but first have to convert the srt file into ssa format.
    Well, any answer / help will be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Jul 1, 2016

2. Nokia N8 "Video" Update: what does it consist of?

Can anyone explain to me about "adding subtitles on the video". Does this mean that if i downloaded a movie that has subtitltes in it, it will automatically show when i play the movie/video (assuming that the file is supported) or I can edit the video and
    manually add the subtitle?

btw, is it possible for me to uninstall this update if i want to?

thank you

p3rcy---01, Jul 1, 2016
  3. Subtitle support in Xbox Video for Windows Phone 8.1

Hi,

The 26th Sep update to 2.6.315.0 clearly states in the change log "SRT subtitle support for personal vídeos".

My understanding was that Xbox Video now would support external subtitles in srt format for movies not only aquired from Marketplace but vídeos I ripped from my DVDs.

Still I can't get subtitles to show. Video and audio play fine but subtitles don't; the option on the settings screen is greyed out and can't enable it.

What I've tried:

- confirmed that movie and subtitle file have the same name

- confirmed that movie file is in the Videos folder

- tried adding the language to the srt filename

- moved the movie file from SDCARD to phone memory

- tried several other movie files with diferent encoding

I'm on a Lumia 820 with Cyan.

Any ideas?

GibraltarPC, Jul 1, 2016
Thema:

Video - Adding subtitle to a movie

1. Video - Adding subtitle to a movie - Similar Threads - Video Adding subtitle

2. Subtitles don't work in Movies and TV?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Subtitles don't work in Movies and TV?: When a foreign language is spoken in an English movie, there are no subtitles, even with them turned on. This has happened now for several movies and is unacceptable....
  3. Hardcoding Subtitle into a Movie file

in Windows 10 Support
    Hardcoding Subtitle into a Movie file: Hello,To hard-code a subtitle into a movie I use "HandBrake" program. The text on the finished video is white with a large black shadow.I searched into the program how to remove that shadow or make it smaller but did not find anything alike.I will appreciate to get any help...
  4. Movies and TV certain subtitles not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies and TV certain subtitles not working: I wanna watch this movie with the subs but everytime I open the subs through the movies and tv app, it doesn't shop up in the list of audio/subs. But when I try to open a different subtitles file it shows up in the list. I tried downloading different subs for the movie, none...
  5. Can't add subtitles in Movies and TV

Can't add subtitles in Movies and TV: I am using Movies and TV to watch videos. However, when I choose subtitle files, they do not add. They don't pop up in the subs bar. I have tried all the methods on all the other articles. These are .sub files, but even with .srt and others, I can't add subs. I do not know...
  6. Add into English subtitle to an MKV movie

Add into English subtitle to an MKV movie: Hi i want to add an English subtitle to an MKV movie. Tried MKV toolnix & Handbrake.....from my research it says that they do not re encode, so only takes. Avery short time, but it took an hour or more. am I doing something wrong, or is there an easier way without ever...
  7. The subtitles not working on Movies & TV app.

The subtitles not working on Movies & TV app.: When i open subtitles files on Movies & TV app, sometimes the app display the subtitles fine and some times it's look like gibberish. The subtitle file works fine by the way with other programs like Media player Classic. I'm using Windows 10 pro x64 Version: 1809 Build:...
  8. Movie download-no subtitles...

Movie download-no subtitles...: I was watching a international movie from a legitimate movie website which had english subtitles and it just kept buffering so i downloaded it through payment..but when i played it back using Freesmith player which is my default player...i could not see any english...
  9. Adding subtitles

Adding subtitles: Do you know of a good app that i can add more subtitle language choices to video dvd without re-encoding the original dvd?#1 83152
  10. Adding Subtitle with Handbrake

Adding Subtitle with Handbrake: Hello, Recently downloaded some full movie (mp4), and found a Hebrew subtitle. Located both files in a folder, opened the subtitle with Notepad, made some minor editing, saved it (encoding UTF-8) srt file, movie and subtitle same name. Played the movie in any player on...