Windows 10: Video App does not play where left off

Discus and support Video App does not play where left off in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've just purchased a Surface 3 with a view to replacing my iPad for media and also allow me to do some work on it when not near my primary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by markrow, Aug 9, 2015.

1. markrow Win User

Video App does not play where left off

Hi,

I've just purchased a Surface 3 with a view to replacing my iPad for media and also allow me to do some work on it when not near my primary machine.

I've copied across a season of TV ripped from DVD and applied all the Metadata through MyMeta in the store. The video plays absolutely fine (.m4v file) but if I pause and exit the app it does not remember where I left off. This is the same foe films as well. My iPad will also restart the episode/movie from where I was last watching it and this is a critical requirement when I usually spread my viewing across the day or over multiple days around the kids etc.

Microsoft advertise this ability with media purchased through their store but wondered if this should work for non-store purchased media as well? I think the iPad has a setting to do this and I wondered if something similar is available in the windows video app (I've looked and can't see anything but I'm from a Mac background so not an expert on windows).

Thanks
    Mark.

:)

markrow, Aug 9, 2015
  2. abbashid Win User

VIDEO PLAYBACK ANOMALY N95

Does it work if you close the video and restart it? >

Yes, it works if you stop the Video, but then you cannot resume playing from where you left off!

Does it happen with any format of video or a particular video type? >

I've been playing MP4 coded Videos using RealPlayer, Version: s60.30.32.01 M

09-Aug-2007_15:03:24

Thanks for your help!

abbashid, Aug 9, 2015
  3. xbox 360 issue with amazon video

When watching an Amazon video TV series on xbox 360, when an episodes ends the app does not advance to the next episode. Also, when we finish an episode and turn off for the night, the next day when we turn it on again, the app does not remember where we
    left off. We have to scroll through the series to find where we left off. Why doesn't it remember where we left off?

Moved from Music, Movies & TV

PaulMedlin, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

Video App does not play where left off

1. Video App does not play where left off - Similar Threads - Video App does

2. left off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left off: hey i made a quotation but i did not get a respond and we left up at Thank you for updating me with that information. If done properly, it will not give you that "option" and it will boot straight to Windows 10. Can you take a screenshot of that "give me this option"? Kindly...
  3. left off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    left off: hey i made a quotation but i did not get a respond and we left up at Thank you for updating me with that information. If done properly, it will not give you that "option" and it will boot straight to Windows 10. Can you take a screenshot of that "give me this option"? Kindly...
  4. Where does the Photos App store Video Projects

Where does the Photos App store Video Projects: I am trying to get information from a Video project, specifically, where the photos used in it are located. When I create a project, it is clearly saving a lot of information, if only as a json or xml file. Where is it?...
  5. Pick of where I left off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pick of where I left off: I have Cortana disabled and every app I can disabled on startup both in the app/program and in the Task manager. Windows is still acting like the feature "Pick Up Where I Left Off" is still on, even though I cannot find a way to disable it (or that it is even an option to...
  6. OneDrive online Does not play Videos..

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    OneDrive online Does not play Videos..: My Onedrive on my PC plays the videos however when I go to the website some play & some do not. The app on my devices does not play the videos the screen is black the time keeper does count down like the video is playing. All the videos work over a month ago - I did not...
  7. Cortana not showing tips and where I left off....

Cortana not showing tips and where I left off....: Hey! Usually cortona shows me tips and pick up where I left off I made sure all settings are correct re enabled the pick up where I left off option and made sure tips were all enabled Also re registered windows cortina through power shell...any ideas.... 113423
  8. Youtube videos not playing after being left idle

Youtube videos not playing after being left idle: So I'm having a strange problem on my computer that I can't seem to fix. Youtube videos will not play after being left idle, on the videobar, it will show that the video is loading, but it wont play even if it says it is. I can't reinstall windows because I am dualbooting...
  9. Videos does not play in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Videos does not play in windows 10: Every thing was working fine few days back,all of a sudden no videos are playing in my laptop. but after i restart pc videos do play.so every time i shut down my pc i will have to restart my pc to play videos ,it is so annoying . any suggesions. 90959
  10. Youtube videos not playing after being left idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Youtube videos not playing after being left idle: So I'm having a strange problem on my computer that I can't seem to fix. Youtube videos will not play after being left idle, on the videobar, it will show that the video is loading, but it wont play even if it says it is. I can't reinstall windows because I am dualbooting...