Windows 10: Video/Audio Issues after update

Discus and support Video/Audio Issues after update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On Sunday my PC did a restart over night, and since then I've had issues with sound, video, and running games. I can't seem to pin down the problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FTW1989, Jan 19, 2016.

1. FTW1989 Win User

Video/Audio Issues after update

On Sunday my PC did a restart over night, and since then I've had issues with sound, video, and running games. I can't seem to pin down the problem. When I'm in a game the video has become laggy and FPS drops significantly, and always accompanied by crackling and tearing in the audio. Even when the video isn't lagging the audio still crackles. It also does this, though not as bad, if I'm playing audio and attempt to drag my chrome window around. I tried removing the realtek audio drivers, thinking that was the case, and it seemed to make it better briefly. No matter what I try to do to block the updates, it always seems to come back in 10-15 minutes after boot.

:)

FTW1989, Jan 19, 2016
  2. fastdavew Win User

AMD HDMI Audio device disables after two seconds and then requires two more seconds to work again

If I had to guess when this started, it would be with Creators' Update before then there was no issue. If I pause the audio/video, then after two seconds the audio is disabled. When I start the audio/video again it takes two seconds to produce audio again.
    This is only a problem on the HDMI and all other audio devices work fine. I have played around with every setting I can find but it makes no difference.

fastdavew, Jan 19, 2016
  3. Video not supported

Videos which were properly working(video and audio both) on my asha 305 before i updated my phone with latest v 7.35 just two days back and after update many of the videos are shown as unsupported and i cant see video , can hear audio only.

Rupesh8150, Jan 19, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Jan 22, 2016
  5. FTW1989 Win User
    Last update was December. It also just got put on AMDs legacy list, so it won't be getting another update unless its critical. I just noticed I only have this issue when my laptop is plugged in. I think I'm going to get a new AC adapter and see if that fixes it.

FTW1989, Jan 23, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Ah.. useful observation. Worth trying- could easily explain audio issues.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Video/Audio Issues after update - Similar Threads - Video Audio Issues

2. Issues with audio drivers after using Video editors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with audio drivers after using Video editors: I currently have windows 10, and have been using DaVinci Resolve and Adobe Premiere. I've noticed if I leave my applications runningone or the other editor, my audiofor the entirety of my computer will nonfunctional. I'll try resetting my graphics card driversshift+ctrl+B?...
  3. Issues with audio drivers after using Video editors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with audio drivers after using Video editors: I currently have windows 10, and have been using DaVinci Resolve and Adobe Premiere. I've noticed if I leave my applications runningone or the other editor, my audiofor the entirety of my computer will nonfunctional. I'll try resetting my graphics card driversshift+ctrl+B?...
  4. Issues with audio drivers after using Video editors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio issue after update

Audio issue after update: audio error after windows 10 update,but not concerned which update is the cause,getting this issue while keeping my pc in sleep or hibernate mode , but every time need to troubleshoot to hear the beep sound to get it fixed,Help me out please!!...
  6. Audio/video sync issues after hardware change

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio/video sync issues after hardware change: Hello! I recently upgraded my PC with a new motherboard and CPU, and have since noticed a delay occurring a few minutes into watching a video. The video appears to lag behind the audio, and the effect becomes more pronounced the longer I watch a video. All of the help that...
  7. Windows Update causes audio and video issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update causes audio and video issues: Since January Windows Update 2020-1, every time I run and install updates, I lose audio and video on my desktop. If I run system restore from a restore point just before the updates, all functions return to normal. I have ran the troubleshooter, and it finds nothing wrong....
  8. Audio / Video Issue

Audio / Video Issue: Hi everyone! So for the past week i have been having audio crackling / video sync issues and sometimes the video stutter / freezing. I have tried 3 clean installs and i still get the issue. It happens even when i have changed ssd / removed and replaced gpu with another...
  9. Audio Issues after update

Audio Issues after update: When I turned on my computer (ASUS) after the update I noticed there was no sound. It showed that the audio service was not responding. I tried many things (with resets between each one): 1. manually restarting Windows Audio in services app (which could only be done on...
  10. audio and video issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    audio and video issues: My video and audio has suddenly, and for no reason that I can tell, stopped syncing. The audio is very out of sync with the video and the video is suddenly choppy and slow. What is the issue? I've installed no new programs or hardware....