Windows 10: Video capture - what bitrate should I chose

Discus and support Video capture - what bitrate should I chose in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi folks I have a video capture program (VIVA studio) which captures a 1920 X 1080p HD video signal from a hardware capture device via HDMI. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Nov 28, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Video capture - what bitrate should I chose

Hi folks

I have a video capture program (VIVA studio) which captures a 1920 X 1080p HD video signal from a hardware capture device via HDMI. The HDMI splitter simply splits signal from a SKY Q box or am Amazon fire stick - depending on what I want to capture into the monitor and a hardware capture device.

The HDMI splitter passes through the HDMI signal simply spltting off any DRM (the cheap chinese splitters work perfectly --the expensive ones retain the DRM).

What bit rate should I use - I want the output signal to be as near lossless as possible -- I've been experimenting with 4000 kbs which looks fine on a 48 inch monitor --but is it worth while capturing the video at any higher bit rates. The capture device can be set to higher rates but I think for true 1080p one should use around 5000 kbs but I can't actually detect any difference in video quality. Could be the source transmission isn't actually full HD but more like 720p in which case a bit rate of 3000 kbs is probably adequate.

I'm sure there's loads of people on these forums who muck about with Video so any guidance here is welcome.
    Audio is no problem.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Nov 28, 2017

2. x6 video/audio playback support

I am considering to get x6 and have few questions.

I want to use a third party video convertor for better and faster conversion and need following information.

what is the max X264 playback resolution and FPS?

what is the X264 max bitrate it can process without any lag and what is optimal X264 bitrate (with max supported resolution and FPS)?

Similerly i want to know the video capturing support as below.

Does it support x264 video capturing?

What is max bit rate of recording in AAC?

Same information is also required for x263.

Looking for good information.

azfarhusain, Nov 28, 2017
  3. siksik6 Win User
    N90 video capture bitrate

Sorry, have been away from my Nokias for a while Video capture - what bitrate should I chose :)

Decided the N90 wasn't for me in the end.

Anyway, it looks like a bit of confusion somewhere in the advertised bitate (not necessarily by Nokia) and the actual phone.

I am impressed with the video recording (I now own an N70, which is great) so we'll leave it there.

Good to see decent video recording in "normal" handsets like the N70, I tried it on a Samsung D600, and apart from the horrible UI, the video is only good in perfect lighting.

In even slightly dim surroundings, it goes to pieces!

N70 is loads better. Good job Nokia, i'm back, and this time for a while I hope Video capture - what bitrate should I chose :)

siksik6, Nov 28, 2017
Thema:

Video capture - what bitrate should I chose

1. Video capture - what bitrate should I chose - Similar Threads - Video capture bitrate

2. Video Capture

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video Capture: How do I capture video from my Sony Handycam Md DCR-HC65? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-capture/392d225d-41da-4bdd-88bf-0727f995a4c6
  3. Video capturing with usb capture device

in Windows 10 Support
    Video capturing with usb capture device: Hi me again once again I find myself struggling. A few years ago I did some video capture with a PCI card and phono to VHS player which worked fine. Some time back I bought an Easycap usb device as card was in an earlier PC and has gone, I have to confess I cant remember if...
  4. Video Capture Flickering

Video Capture Flickering: Hi, I have previously captured vision from Hitachi HDD DVD recorder to windows 10 laptop using Kworld DVD Maker 2 with AVCables to usb with no problems. Since the latest windows 10 update, the capture flickers constantly. I've tried S-Video, flicker still there, HDMI to USB,...
  5. No sound on captured videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on captured videos: So my issue is I have no sound on captured videos via the windows key + alt + G shortcut, this is basically part of the Windows 10 Gaming Bar, which records the last 5 minutes of my screen. I initialy realised I had this issue when trying to use the NVidia Instant Reply...
  6. Video and Audio Capture

Video and Audio Capture: I am using Windows 10 64 with latest update. I am using Cyberlink Power Director 15 and Honestech capture and production software. Last year the software worked just fine. Now I cannot capture any video/audio. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software. Immediate...
  7. Manage GPU Utilization What Setting Should Be Chose

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Manage GPU Utilization What Setting Should Be Chose: I have an HP NVIDIA NVS 310 512MB and in the settings i found Manage GPU Utilization Which the selected choice is in the picture. Im wondering if my type of card supports this when the os is windows 10 pro or should i switch the setting to dedicate for graphics tasks? [img]...
  8. video capture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video capture: hello, im trying to capture some game footage when i play and every time i got back to watch the videos i just shows a screen shot of when i 1st hit alt windows G and has audio but it doesnt play the actual footage that i was originally trying to capture. i was wonder if you...
  9. Video capture device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video capture device: I have a problem with a USB3 video capture device because it looks like a video device if I plug it in the USB3 port and like an audio device if I plug it in the USB3 hub. I tried to reinstall the drivers and ran the driver verifier. I really don’t understand what is going...
  10. Video capture

Video capture: Cannot get windows 10 to find the capture adapter, tried everything that I can think of. Would like some help if someone tell can me how to fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/video-capture/656aea48-6b7c-4cf9-a0a0-6db5190d2f9c