Windows 10: Video Card Upgrade

Discus and support Video Card Upgrade in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have an PNY Nvidia GT240 in my Windows 10 machine. A friend of mine has a 550 Ti for sale. Outside of more memory ,512 vs 1 Gb, and speed, is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by cinema2k, Jan 5, 2016.

1. cinema2k Win User

Video Card Upgrade

I have an PNY Nvidia GT240 in my Windows 10 machine.
    A friend of mine has a 550 Ti for sale.
    Outside of more memory ,512 vs 1 Gb, and speed, is there any new features available with the Nvidia 550 Ti over the GT240?

:)

cinema2k, Jan 5, 2016
  2. Daaaon Win User

Windows 10 wont upgrade

would not upgrade due to discontinued video card, upgraded video card to supported one and still has same message about old video card. any way I can get this resolved?

Daaaon, Jan 5, 2016
  3. well I still get the upgrade when Windows shows incompatible video driver

Originally, Windows said my machine was compatible with the win 10 upgrade, but is now saying the video card is not compatible.

I am curious if Windows will still do the upgrade via Wi-Fi if I got the incompatible video card notice? If not how can I fix the incompatible video card problem and then get the upgrade?

John ERastorfer Jr, Jan 5, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Video Card Upgrade

It would depend on a particular manufacturer of those cards. May have more and different connectors for monitors, better cooling etc.

CountMike, Jan 5, 2016
  5. cinema2k Win User
    Thanks, I believe the card just may be a better performer.

cinema2k, Jan 5, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    It sure will be.

CountMike, Jan 5, 2016
  7. cinema2k Win User
    Thanks again, I know what I would like have, I will have to wait.
    Is Tesla good for the average user?

cinema2k, Jan 5, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

Video Card Upgrade

For average scientist millionaire maybe !! I could just imagine what Einstein would with it.

CountMike, Jan 5, 2016
  9. cinema2k Win User
    I have seen some used cards online and I can not think of what to do with one outside of 3D rendering.
    If I was to use my GT240 as a display card and use a Tesla with 6 GB of memory ,it may not have a video output, how one would suppose that would work, if at all?

cinema2k, Jan 5, 2016
  10. CountMike New Member
    Not likely to work like that unless you use some very tricky SW. Bitcoin mining for instance can use many separate GPUs to accelerate calculations.

CountMike, Jan 5, 2016
  11. bobkn Win User
    List of Nvidia graphics processing units - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The GT240 supports DirectX 10.1 in hardware. The 550ti does DX 11.0. That doesn't mean a lot to me, but the 550ti must be sexier. (As well as having significantly greater performance.)

I have never used any software that made use of the number crunching capabilities of an nVidia GPU, including the ones with no graphics outputs. The market for them is specialized enough that I doubt that an "average user" would get much out of one. If they were really useful for stuff like bitcoin mining, they'd be expensive and hard to get.

bobkn, Jan 5, 2016
  12. CountMike New Member
    AMD GPUS are better for bitcoin mining and most "Miners" use them.

CountMike, Jan 5, 2016
  13. z3r010 Win User

Video Card Upgrade

Nobody still uses gfx cards for mining, I've got a dedicated 60 GH/s ASIC rig which is light years ahead of GFX mining and that isn't even worth firing up.

z3r010, Jan 5, 2016
  14. cinema2k Win User
    Is there any problem with having the same amount of ram on your video card as there is system ram?

cinema2k, Jan 7, 2016
  15. CountMike New Member
    No correlation at all. More, the merrier in either case.

CountMike, Jan 7, 2016
Thema:

Video Card Upgrade

1. Video Card Upgrade - Similar Threads - Video Card Upgrade

2. can i upgrade my video card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i upgrade my video card: i have attached the full file of didiag below____________________________________________------------------System Information------------------Time of this report: 7/11/2022, 18:15:27 Machine name: *insert pc name* Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit 6.1, Build 7601...
  3. can i upgrade my video card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i upgrade my video card: i have attached the full file of didiag below____________________________________________------------------System Information------------------Time of this report: 7/11/2022, 18:15:27 Machine name: *insert pc name* Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit 6.1, Build 7601...
  4. Video card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video card: How can I determine whether my video card supports hardware encoding of H.264 codec? I am using Cyberlink PowerDirector software version 10 to convert a VHS C tape into an .mp4 file and I have hit a stumbling block. Thanks...
  5. Video Card Upgrade Advice Needed

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video Card Upgrade Advice Needed: I'm looking to upgrade my Video Card from my current GTX 960 for use with a new 43" 4k TV that I am using as a monitor at 1440p. Full 4k makes everything way to small for my old eyes to see. What I need advice on, since it's obviously been awhile since I've purchased a new...
  6. Video Card Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Video Card Upgrade: can I upgrade video card on HP Pavillion P6 2103wb? HP specs page says "Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed" and "Either integrated graphics or the PCI Express x16 slot are usable at one time; they are not usable concurrently". does that mean i...
  7. video card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video card: how do I fix or change my 'video card'? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-card/4eb6c88b-59d8-4703-96de-2f86e6fe5943
  8. video card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video card: Hello everyone I need help. some friends and I have a problem with our pc and it is that they do not use the whole video card and some simple programs run with difficulty. I have a netbook Processor intel celeron 847 and it has 967mb of total graphic memory but memory...
  9. Future Video card upgrade options

Future Video card upgrade options: Hi All Asus M32BC-01 AMD FX 8310 8 Core Processor 8gb of ram currently Radeon R7 240 Video card Thinking of getting some R9 video card in the future, I know i'll have to upgrade the power supply first though, as this 300 watt power supply won't cut it, Is it...
  10. Upgrading Video Card But Not Monitors

Upgrading Video Card But Not Monitors: I have the money to get a nVidia GTX 1060 6Gb card, but not the money to get new monitors. I'm looking for a recommendation as to how to connect the monitors. The both have a VGA and DVI-D ports. The cards are usually 1 HDMI, 1 DVI and 3 DisplayPort. The choices I see...