Windows 10: Video controls within a game no longer work

Discus and support Video controls within a game no longer work in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a game that I am thoroughly addicted to. Within the game, it has video options to brighten the screen(or not). Since upgrading to Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Steve Collins, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Video controls within a game no longer work

I have a game that I am thoroughly addicted to. Within the game, it has video options to brighten the screen(or not). Since upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, these controls no longer work. The game works just fine but the screen is very dark. Been playing this game for more than a decade. I'm hoping there is a solution!

Video card = Nvidia GeForce GTX 660ti

I have not been able to download Nvidia drivers for some time. Each time I try, it says the website cannot be reached and to try again later.

:)

Steve Collins, Nov 13, 2015

2. Constant Blue Screens - Event ID 10016, Distributed COM Error

Changed the start value to a 4. Restarted the comp.

Sound no longer works, FiiO USB DAC-E10 had a yellow warning on it under Sound, video, and game controllers.

Deleted the driver under Sound and video controllers that had a yellow warning, and it just refreshed and reinstalled it without my prompt. Sound is working again, but FiiO USB DAC-E10 is now back under Audio outputs as well.

Cody Manshack, Nov 13, 2015
  3. game no longer allows video accleration by hardware since upgrading to windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

This might have occurred due to some system conflicts.

Not all computers will support this. Most new computers using NVidia or AMD/ATI graphics cards will not have the ability to change the amount of acceleration through. These options are typically only available on older computers or computers using
    onboard video.

Hardware acceleration cannot be increased or decreased. It can only be enabled or disabled. It also depends on the graphics card. Some graphics cards do not support hardware acceleration.

Please refer to these steps to check if the graphics card supports hardware acceleration or not and to enable it:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Control Panel.

• In Large Icons View, click on Display and click on
      Change Display Settings, in the left pane.

• Click on Advanced Settings.

• In the Advanced Settings window, if Troubleshooting tab is present, then the graphics card supports hardware acceleration.

• Click on the Troubleshooting tab and move the
      Hardware Acceleration slider to full.

• Click on OK and restart the computer to save the settings.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Nov 13, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Video controls within a game no longer work

Welcome to the forums Steve. Have you tried a different browser to update your drivers
    Drivers | GeForce

What game is giving you the problem? Is it the only game that does that?

5. The game is Blitzkrieg (and its numerous follow-ons) by Nival Interactive. I don't have any issues with any other games. Don't really play anything else. I had Windows 8.1 Pro before upgrading to 10 and this was not an issue.

I have been able to download the latest drivers from GeForce since my original post. No change in the situation.

Steve Collins, Nov 13, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
    Well since no other games have the issue you have to look at maybe reinstalling the game. It is a pain but games can be tricky.

Are all you other drivers, specifically the motherboard chipset drivers updated?

7. Motherboard chipset drivers are not updated. It is an ASUS motherboard but I cannot identify it further without opening up the case.

Steve Collins, Nov 14, 2015
  8. Dude Win User

You can use Speccy, and click the motherboard to see what board it is.

Speccy - Download

9. Speccy sez the motherboard is:
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. H81M-PLUS (SOCKET 1150)

Steve Collins, Nov 21, 2015
  10. Dude Win User
  11. batlhilz Win User
    try running windowed mode and see if theres any difference? doesnt help your problem but gives more ideas of what could be wrong

batlhilz, Nov 23, 2015
  12. What is "windowed mode"?

Steve Collins, Nov 23, 2015
  13. batlhilz Win User

alt+enter or via games video options?

batlhilz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Video controls within a game no longer work - Similar Threads - Video controls within

2. Sound,video and game controller missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound,video and game controller missing: My windows tell me "There is no audio output device installed" on my sound icon.I checked device manager and the sound,video and game controller isn't there. I recently formatted my computer. It didn't fix this issue.This morning I had audio but when i restarted my laptop it...
  3. Sound, video & game controllers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound, video & game controllers: Performed Windows 10 reinstall from USB recovery drive. Then performed Windows 10 setup after new reboot. Noticed after new install that all the sound, video & gaming controllers had been deleted from my system. Tried installing RelTek drivers with Device Manager, but the...
  4. Game controller not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game controller not working: My Astro C40 game controller is not working on my PC with Windows 10 Pro 2004 latest version and fully updated. Please help. The device shows up as an audio device. I have tried updating the driver etc. but nothing is working. The controller works on my laptop with a...
  5. Chrome extension no longer works within Sandboxie

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chrome extension no longer works within Sandboxie: Just recently, one of my Chrome extensions fails silently within SB. It works OK outside SB. The extension is "Stylus", which has versions for Firefox, and almost every other browser. The extension adds a line of CSS to colour all visited links red (as in IE version...
  6. In-game [video] playback control

in Windows 10 Customization
    In-game [video] playback control: First of all, I hope that this feature is actually connected to Windows os and not to Steam client. Now let me explain what happened. I was playing Rocket League with a dualshock controller while a youtube video was playing in the background. I accidentaly pressed some...
  7. In-game [video] playback control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In-game [video] playback control: First of all, I hope that this feature is actually connected to Windows os and not to Steam client. Now let me explain what happened. I was playing Rocket League with a dualshock controller while a youtube video was playing in the background. I accidentaly pressed some...
  8. Game no longer workes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game no longer workes: I bought a new HP laptop loaded my favorite game it played perfect for 6 months. Then one day Windows installed a update said I needed to restart after I restarted my laptop my game would no longer. The game is Heroes Of Might And Magic 3 complete....
  9. Game Controller No Longer Detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Game Controller No Longer Detected: Can someone please help, I've had a PS3 Controller for about 8 months now and it's been working great but suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere my PC doesn't detect the PS3 and not in the USB device not recognised kind of way but in the it doesn't even register a USB device...
  10. video player no longer working

in Windows 10 Support
    video player no longer working: I am not able to watch any YouTube videos or videos on other sites. Sound is good but screen is a wavey green colour. This wasn't an issue before I upgraded to Windows 10. Any suggestions would be very helpful. 16995