Windows 10: Video data for USB devices is limited when the power cord to my Windows 10/Surface Book is...

Discus and support Video data for USB devices is limited when the power cord to my Windows 10/Surface Book is... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm using a USB device that's sending video data to an application running on Windows 10/Surface Book. I'm experiencing a significant drop in the video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MauricePE, Aug 3, 2018.

1. MauricePE Win User

Video data for USB devices is limited when the power cord to my Windows 10/Surface Book is...

I'm using a USB device that's sending video data to an application running on Windows 10/Surface Book. I'm experiencing a significant drop in the video frame rate when the Surface Book is unplugged. The normal power and battery settings (setting to high performance and turning off battery saving mode) have not resolve the issue.

What are my options here?

:)

MauricePE, Aug 3, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Video data for USB devices is limited when the power cord to my Windows 10/Surface Book is... :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 March 7th 2017

Source: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...-7-march-2017/

Brink, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Video data for USB devices is limited when the power cord to my Windows 10/Surface Book is...

New Surface Book Drivers and Firmware Update Dec. 7

Source:

Download: Download Surface Book Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center

Brink, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Video data for USB devices is limited when the power cord to my Windows 10/Surface Book is... - Similar Threads - Video data USB

2. Windows 10 screen power cord goes black for ~1s when um/plugging power cord

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 screen power cord goes black for ~1s when um/plugging power cord: Hello folks, I had this issue and the locked answer was related to turning off virus protection not helpful The solution for me was to: 1. EDIT THE BIOS and DISABLE "boot when power is applied"I have a lenovo x230 laptop running Win10. This problem plagued me for over a week,...
  3. Power settings for my surface book 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power settings for my surface book 2: I was recently using my surface book 2 and for two days now my power settings and performance overall has decreased drastically and when I try to change power plans I can't as well. this is the image of my registry and I cant find csenabled to change for my power plans...
  4. Windows 10 USB Device Limit?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 USB Device Limit?: I have an odd issue that I have never seen before. When I plug in one more USB device, in this case a small 16gb flash drive, Windows 10 does not recognize it as a flash drive and in device manager it is an unknown device. Quick summary of the issue: Plug in a USB device,...
  5. power cord replacement

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    power cord replacement: where do i purchase ew power cord https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord-replacement/d4df5660-b3c2-45c7-ad25-20ca99c5a3b6
  6. Surface Book 2 won't Power-On

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Surface Book 2 won't Power-On: Surface Book 2 using MS docking connection with external monitor won't come back after sleep. I have to do a hard reboot after disconnection docking connection. Is there a fix for this condition?...
  7. power cord

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power cord: i am having a problem not having to use my power cord i am currenty using my battery for now what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord/4ea518d3-4d89-4628-860e-3aa6e6436739
  8. Universal power cord

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Universal power cord: I had to purchase a universal power cord for my Dell laptop. It plugs in but won't charge. Any way I can get the laptop to charge??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-power-cord/ec366f36-ccc6-4119-8239-570738282c95
  9. Power Cord

Power Cord: My puppy chewed my power cord. How do I find out where the info is on what type my computer is and what type of cord I need so I can order another power cord? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord/8233434f-97a6-4b3d-b9d7-a5f9ee2e9cd8
  10. Laptop crashes when power cord is unplugged

Laptop crashes when power cord is unplugged: Hello everyone! I recently bought MSI GF72VR and I am having strange problem with it. Almost every time when I unplug power cord and I have open program my laptop freezes for about 3-4 seconds then it comes black screen and then blue screen and restart. I have tried to...