Windows 10: video does not play and there is no sound from speakers

Discus and support video does not play and there is no sound from speakers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; videos do not play and the speakers are not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DianeHoward4, Aug 21, 2018.

1. video does not play and there is no sound from speakers

videos do not play and the speakers are not working

:)

DianeHoward4, Aug 21, 2018

2. USB Speaker not playing sound

Hi John,

This issue might be caused mainly because of drivers. For us to better assist you, please provide us the answers to the following questions:

• What are the results from the
      troubleshooter
      ?
    • Were you able to follow for the next steps of action?
    • What is the make and model of your USB speaker?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to
    run the Microsoft easy fix solutions
    as this can also help us to fix the problem. On that link, simply click the
    Find and fix problems playing sounds hyperlink to run the fix.

We are eager on getting this resolved for you, we will wait for your feedback.

Lawrence Lib, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Unable to play sound from speakers

Hi Tayla,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the sound drivers by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand Sound, video and game controllers.
    • Right click on the driver and select uninstall.
    • After uninstalling the driver, restart the system.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 21, 2018
  4. video does not play and there is no sound from speakers

No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

video does not play and there is no sound from speakers

1. video does not play and there is no sound from speakers - Similar Threads - video does play

2. Play sound without Speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Play sound without Speaker: why isnt my windows 10 enterprise playing sound on my computer without speakers[Original Title: sound] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-sound-without-speaker/6844fb75-b45d-44ea-9b13-fe30e3cc7dad
  3. No Sound from Speakers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Sound from Speakers: Realteck Sound does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-from-speakers/720ccda7-6688-414c-9f91-8b2817678d2d
  4. No sound with speakers for videos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound with speakers for videos: I have a very specific issue. My device speakers are not working for videos of any kind - not youtube, not Netflix, not random tutorials online. But they are working for device noises (alerts, keyboard tapping). Video sound works with headphones. Details: I'm on a...
  5. no sound from speaker

in Windows 10 Customization
    no sound from speaker: today i put new motherboard. new processor , new window10 pro from microsoft. but no sound from speaker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-from-speaker/8abd7dd7-e612-4081-ab79-a9e37a6ca32a
  6. No sound from speakers

No sound from speakers: After the last Win 10 update on March 31, I no longer have any sound from my speakers. Tried deleting and reinstalling the sound card/driver. No success. Suggestions?...
  7. sound from speakers does not switches automatically to headphones

sound from speakers does not switches automatically to headphones: sound from speakers does not switches automatically to headphones. To listen via headphones I have to restart my system or connect my headphone before power on the machine...
  8. Play video with sound repeatedly from a video

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Play video with sound repeatedly from a video: I found this problem in some of my media player software that i was using, Media Player Classic with KLite media codec installed and XunLei Media Player. for eg. a video in the length of 10 minutes, it will repeat the 2 second of the audio sound from the video, repeat the...
  9. Laptop speakers don't play video sound equally

Laptop speakers don't play video sound equally: I just encountered this problem about 10 minutes ago after not using my laptop for a few hours. For some reason when I play videos the sound is mostly coming from the left side, and there's only a small amount of sound coming from the right. I've tried to figure out what the...
  10. No sound from speakers

No sound from speakers: How do I download either Windows 10 default audio device or find another audio driver to download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/no-sound-from-speakers/51f8d3f4-14c6-4c7e-9703-01048f10d3af