Windows 10: Video Driver needs further installation

Discus and support Video Driver needs further installation in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Windows 10 works great on my upgraded Win 7 desktop, except that it keeps crashing on one high-end game. Informed that my video drivers are the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Vince Massi, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Video Driver needs further installation

Windows 10 works great on my upgraded Win 7 desktop, except that it keeps crashing on one high-end game.

Informed that my video drivers are the cause, I found them to be working properly, according to Device manager. But when I checked Events, it said Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68E1&SUBSYS_30001787&REV_00\4&210a641e&0&0048 requires further installation.

If I set a restore point and uninstall (There is no previous driver) and reboot, what is likely to happen? The web tells me that Windows will probably re-install the driver correctly with no problem. But if there is a problem, I could wind up with a blank screen to work with.

It is an ATI Radeon HD 5400 series video card.

:)

Vince Massi, Apr 10, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

driver requires further installation

Hi Peter, AMD HD Audio drivers are part of your Graphics card installation

If you have uninstalled those drivers, you will need to re-install your Graphics card driver software to re-install the AMD Audio drivers . . .

The AMD Catalyst software suite is packaged with the driver for the AMD High Definition Audio Device:

Download Drivers

DaveM121, Apr 10, 2016
  3. driver requires further installation

First, run the Playing audio troubleshoot - open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot

Scroll down, select Playing audio

Click Run the troubleshooter

When complete, restart your computer then check if audio is working again.

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Sound, video and game controllers

Right click your audio adapter

Click Properties

Click the Driver tab

Is there an option rollback?

If so, click it.

Also, check to make sure the audio driver is fully updated. This is often the problem when you upgrade to a new version of Windows 10. Sometimes reinstalling the latest available driver from the manufacturers website helps.

Open Start, type: change sound card

Select the Playback

Right click your Speakers

Click Set as Default Device if it isn't already

Select your speakers

Click Properties

Click the Levels tab

Use the slider to adjust level

Andre Da Costa, Apr 10, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Video Driver needs further installation

Hi.
    You can indeed uninstall the video driver and Windows will install (worst case) a generic video driver upon reboot. I would make sure you have your specific driver downloaded and ready to install before you do this, and create a restore point as well.
    Download Drivers

Seems like your card is right on the edge of being outdated, so you might want to consider updating, to handle the newer games.

Hope that helps.

simrick, Apr 10, 2016
  5. Simrick, you're a genius.

The link showed me that my video card is no longer supported, which is why I have the most updated driver. I set a Restore Point, prayed fervently, and uninstalled the driver. My screen then looked like something out of a coloring book (generic driver was automatically installed). I shut down and after two minutes re-started. Instead of giving me a choice, my rig informed me that I had a start-up program that automatically installed the latest video driver. For some reason, Win Patrol then informed me that the automatic driver update program has removed itself as a start-up program.

After a couple of minutes, I rebooted. Everything works fine, and Device Manager tells me that the driver installed correctly.

Thanks again.

Vince Massi, Apr 10, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Yeah, everybody says that! *Eek j/k

So glad it worked for you! Thanks for explaining exactly what happened. You never know, it could just help someone else in the future with a similar issue. Cheers! *Smile

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Video Driver needs further installation

1. Video Driver needs further installation - Similar Threads - Video Driver needs

2. BSOD – need a further analysis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD – need a further analysis: Hi thereWe need to help analyse the full and mini memory dump. Please check the date modified on the mini ones for 29 November 2023.Please find the download link - HP BSOD - 2304023001. It will expire within 7 days.Just to give a feedback. We also escalated to HP support to...
  3. BSOD – need a further analysis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD – need a further analysis: Hi there,We had a BSOD on our machine and need to know what is causing this. We also attached the BSOD file on our OneDrive with a 7-day...
  4. Driver update installs driver that needs; equires further installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver update installs driver that needs; equires further installation.: Arduino IDE ver. 2.1.1 and Arduino IDE ver. 1.8.18 can't talk to a USB-SERIAL CH340 COM4 after Windows 11 update. Updated driver and Event log indicates;Device USB\VID_1A86&PID_7523\6&13ec46dd&0&1 requires further installation.Uninstall driver, restart computer and Event log...
  5. Driver update installs driver that needs; equires further installation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver update installs driver that needs; equires further installation.: Arduino IDE ver. 2.1.1 and Arduino IDE ver. 1.8.18 can't talk to a USB-SERIAL CH340 COM4 after Windows 11 update. Updated driver and Event log indicates;Device USB\VID_1A86&PID_7523\6&13ec46dd&0&1 requires further installation.Uninstall driver, restart computer and Event log...
  6. BSOD – need a further analysis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD – need a further analysis: Hi thereWe have this machine just came back to IT as we replaced a month ago.This Dell laptop had a few issues back in April and May 2022. We just want to know what might be causing this. Over 3 years, Dell replaced the motherboard 2 times, RAM bracket 2 times, internal...
  7. BSOD – need a further analysis

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD – need a further analysis: Hi thereWe have this machine just came back to IT as we replaced a month ago.This Dell laptop had a few issues back in April and May 2022. We just want to know what might be causing this. Over 3 years, Dell replaced the motherboard 2 times, RAM bracket 2 times, internal...
  8. BSOD - need a further analysis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - need a further analysis: Hi thereWe had this BSOD that was reported last Friday 1/04/2022. After he logged in to Windows and suddenly went blue screen and said your computer had an issue. Restarted. It's automatically restarted. But it was stuck on this screen: Start PXE over IPv4. Eventually, the...
  9. BSOD - need a further analysis

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - need a further analysis: Dear Community We had this BSOD happening on one of the HP laptops. Based on what the user said, the machine was running in the office during the morning and it was properly shutdown before left office. Then started again at home and the BSOD kicks in. The user waited...
  10. Video driver requires further installation

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video driver requires further installation: [img] I've updated my video driver, but the issue persists. 57194

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device needs further installation

2. screen blackout win 10 pci needs further installation