Windows 10: video driver won't work with 9926

Discus and support video driver won't work with 9926 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My ATI Radeon Express 1150 video driver won't work correctly with the 9926 preview version but worked with the previous version very well. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by collieman, Feb 9, 2015.

1. collieman Win User

video driver won't work with 9926

My ATI Radeon Express 1150 video driver won't work correctly with the 9926 preview version but worked with the previous version very well. The microsoft basic driver provides very slow and jerky video and is almost unusable. When booting with the ATI driver (latest version I could find) the computer boots to a black screen with just a cursor that works. No icons no desktop. Now, I can get it to boot to desktop by pressing the windows+D keys just after the flash screen and it then works very well. If I restart it will boot to desktop with no problems but after a shutdown it will not. I'm pretty sure it's the driver but it did work with the previous preview version. Any thoughts here as to what I might try? Thanks a bunch.

:)

collieman, Feb 9, 2015
  2. mikemc2k Win User

movie file problems

If you have a amd system like a apu, your video won't work, mine didn't had to install an older video driver then the one that amd has, also if you use the windows update drivers videos won't work anywhere in windows 10, i have got video working in chrome
    and firefox, so the problem you have with mp4's might be related to your video drivers. I hope this helps......

mikemc2k, Feb 9, 2015
  3. 888jay Win User
    888jay, Feb 9, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Look for drivers with "Legacy" in it's name, for Windows 8/8.1.

CountMike, Feb 9, 2015
  5. collieman Win User
    That's what I did with the previous version using a legacy driver for Win 8 where it worked. Not so with this updated version. I'm using it now but have to press the Windows key +D just after the HP splash screen then the driver will load and all is well. I know a newer video card is the answer. But just asking to see if maybe there is a trick to get it to work correctly.

collieman, Feb 9, 2015
  6. Vladimir Win User
    Possible solutions ?

1) Uninstall the device in "Device Manager" and see if Windows can find a driver online.
    2) Try searching Windows Update Catalog.
    3) Try a manual install pointing to the INF file of the one that worked for 8.1.

*Huh

Vladimir, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. video driver won't work with 9926 - Similar Threads - video driver won't

2. Device driver won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device driver won't work: I'm having an issue with my device it won't work on my computer but works on my laptop I know the driver is finished as I see the installation is complete. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-driver-wont-work/3bac877d-f87d-4681-be34-ff6ce4eeeac1
  3. Device driver won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device driver won't work: I'm having an issue with my device it won't work on my computer but works on my laptop I know the driver is finished as I see the installation is complete. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-driver-wont-work/3bac877d-f87d-4681-be34-ff6ce4eeeac1
  4. device driver won't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    device driver won't work: Good day!I have purchased a new mouse for my PC and already installed the driver. For some reason my mouse doesn't work on my pc but works fine with my laptop. I see the installation of driver finishes, what might be the problem?...
  5. device driver won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    device driver won't work: Good day!I have purchased a new mouse for my PC and already installed the driver. For some reason my mouse doesn't work on my pc but works fine with my laptop. I see the installation of driver finishes, what might be the problem?...
  6. Device driver won't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device driver won't work: Hello I bought a new mouse for my gaming PC.I tried using it today but it only updated the driver but the mouse still not working. I tried putting it to my laptop and it work perfectly. I updated my drive but it won't fix the issue. The mouse won't work in my PC but working...
  7. Device driver won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device driver won't work: Hello I bought a new mouse for my gaming PC.I tried using it today but it only updated the driver but the mouse still not working. I tried putting it to my laptop and it work perfectly. I updated my drive but it won't fix the issue. The mouse won't work in my PC but working...
  8. Videos on browser won't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Videos on browser won't work: so i am using the Yendex browser eveything was fine yesterday before the latest update, after the update the videos or gifs on Reddit or Twitter won't play, this is a problem also with Tidal being not able to playback. any thoughts? Update: kb4578968 submitted by...
  9. VIDEO: Upgrading W7 to W10 9926 (and rolled back to W7)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    VIDEO: Upgrading W7 to W10 9926 (and rolled back to W7): For those who are thinking about upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10, here's how I did it. I upgraded WIn 7 to Win 10 and then I rolled it back to Win 7 again. Warning: 16mins video from start to finish (you can fast forward at will). Total upgrade and rollback time is about...
  10. 9926 Recovery

in Windows 10 Support
    9926 Recovery: I posted this in another thread, but thought folks should be aware of a change to Recovery options in the 9926 build I just ran Disk Cleanup and it removed 5.89 GB of data. This data is your roll back data. I don't know how many members would roll back instead of a fresh...