Windows 10: Video Drivers Stopping Windows 10 From Booting.

Discus and support Video Drivers Stopping Windows 10 From Booting. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I will state now that I have figured out how to fix the problem but preventing it from happening I haven't figured out yet. The problem is video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by niemad, May 20, 2016.

1. niemad Win User

Video Drivers Stopping Windows 10 From Booting.

I will state now that I have figured out how to fix the problem but preventing it from happening I haven't figured out yet.

The problem is video drivers stopping windows 10 from boot. I have a Asus 560 ti and Intel HD3000 (onboard) in my PC.

Generally what happens is the computer stops dead and I need to clear the CMOS to get to BIOS. Take out the 560ti and use the onboard to see whats going on. Windows attempts to load and does the whole repair loop till it goes into the recovery environment. From here go into safe mode, startup option>restart.

When in safe mode go to device manager and select View>Show Hidden Devices and uninstall all video devices and check the boxes for delete drivers for both graphics cards.

This should let you boot into windows while still using the onboard card to display. Install the onboard drivers and turn off the computer and then resit the graphics card, 560ti in my case, and windows should boot again. Install those drivers and you should be good.

This has happened to me at least 5 or 6 times since November last year. This is the solution but the problem is beyond me so any help into how to find out what is going on and how to stop it will be appreciated.

:)

niemad, May 20, 2016

2. How can I change the name of the volume?

I have set up three Windows 10 boot options as I work with an OFFICE environment and two Video editing environments, hence the 3 boot options.

However, when Windows 10 come to the boot screen I am offered Windows 10 volume 3, Windows 10 volume 4, Windows 10, volume 5 which gives no clue as to whether I am starting office or video option to boot into.

How can I change the 'volume' name to something like OFFICE or VIDEO?

This is stopping me from upgrading to Windows 10 at the moment

YorkieSparky, May 20, 2016
  3. Andrew6x7 Win User
    headphones not working after sleep

Thanks for the quick response, I've just tried what you suggested. installing the chipset, video, and the audio drivers from clevo in compatibility mode for windows 8.

no significant change, in fact the only thing that seems to be different is that my mouse is now invisible while selecting which drive to boot, probably something to do with the video driver.

using the realtek drivers caused my headphones to stop working at all again, so I went back to the basic high def driver from microsoft.

Andrew6x7, May 20, 2016
  4. h4ck3d Win User

Well, you have checked if ur BIOS is configured to priority OFF BOARD VIDEO CARD?? Examples: "Initiate Display PCI" "Primary Graphics Adapter" etc..

*Wink

h4ck3d, May 22, 2016
  5. TweakRaGe Win User
    I'm having similar issue. Dual monitor 10 thinks I using vga or something . I can get one or other display to work but not duplicate or extend

TweakRaGe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Video Drivers Stopping Windows 10 From Booting. - Similar Threads - Video Drivers Stopping

2. Sound stops in video with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound stops in video with Windows 10: The Sound stops on a video after a few seconds. Windows says I have Best Driver Installed for sound. Windows has been updated and it still does not fix the problem. What's the FIX for this ?...
  3. Win 10 crashed and stopped booting from Dual boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 crashed and stopped booting from Dual boot.: Hi, I'm trying to sort out a boot issue with Windows 10 from a Dual boot system. Win 10 had been running fine for about a year and one morning I tried to wake it from sleep mode and it crashed. When the PC failed to reboot I loaded up Win 7 and it wanted to scan my Win 10...
  4. Stop Windows From Installing Drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop Windows From Installing Drivers: I have a Dell laptop and as anyone who's bought one recently knows, the realtek drivers are absolute garbage causing popping noises and delays in sounds being played with external speakers. Good news is, you can just remove the garbage realtek ones and use the generic AC97...
  5. Stop Windows 10 from overwriting drivers.

Stop Windows 10 from overwriting drivers.: Hello friends, I have a small problem. I have a Hp 250 g4 with windows 10 1809 and everything works flawlessly excepting the audio driver. The driver that windows ships works great and the sound coming from the laptop is decent on the speakers and good on the audio jack. The...
  6. Windows 10 will not wake up from Sleep + Video Driver

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 will not wake up from Sleep + Video Driver: Hello!! It looks like I stumbled upon the black hole in troubleshooting "Windows 10 will not wake up from Sleep" + "Microsoft NVIDIA drivers preventing full install of NVIDIA drivers from NVIDIA website" which I have been tackling for days with Dell to no avail. I honestly...
  7. Stop Windows 10 from loading a mouse driver on boot

Stop Windows 10 from loading a mouse driver on boot: A Windows 10 Home update installed a new Microsoft mouse driver. My mouse then began acting crazy - double-clicks, wouldn't select, etc. I deleted the Windows driver, leaving the original Logitech driver and mouse action returned to normal. The problem is that Windows always...
  8. How to stop Windows from updating my video driver!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop Windows from updating my video driver!: Greetings all, Windows 10 Ver 1607 OS Build 14393.693 Windows insists on updating my NVidia graphic driver. I'd REALLY like this to stop; I'll decide when I want to update my video driver, thank you! I've rolled back the driver, but, inevitably, Windows will update...
  9. How to stop html5 video from downloading in Windows 10?

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop html5 video from downloading in Windows 10?: I have a metered internet provider and have found how to control Windows updates to my bonus time and turned off flash for normal video but html5 video still downloads using up my data. I do not watch video and do not have sound. How do I stop the html5 video download? 104834
  10. Need to Stop Windows from updating video driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need to Stop Windows from updating video driver: Hello all, Is there a way to stop Windows 10 from updating my video driver? Thanks much. 101752

Users found this page by searching for:

1. titan drivers stopping windows 10 from booting

2. amd driver stops win 10 from booting

3. windows 10 stopping video software