Windows 10: Video Files Not Showing Thumbnails in File Explorer

Discus and support Video Files Not Showing Thumbnails in File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've ran Disk Cleaner to delete the thumbnails. I've deleted the thumbnail caches via command prompt (Admin). I've gone through View/Options/View... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by riqrat, Jul 22, 2017.

1. riqrat Win User

Video Files Not Showing Thumbnails in File Explorer

I've ran Disk Cleaner to delete the thumbnails.

I've deleted the thumbnail caches via command prompt (Admin).

I've gone through View/Options/View and made sure "Always show icons, never thumbnails" was not checked.

And still, I cannot get thumbnails for my .mp4 files. All I get is that movie clicker symbol blue icon.

Anything I haven't tried yet?

TIA

:)

riqrat, Jul 22, 2017

2. How do I stop video automatic playing in file explorer

Where exactly in File Explorer is this happening?

I have video files in the Videos folder in File Explorer and they are just basic thumbnails.

What is the format of the video file?

Is it the thumbnail that is auto playing or when you launch the file from File Explorer?

Andre Da Costa, Jul 22, 2017
  3. Thumbnail view setting not saved on burned CD (Windows 10)

Hello,

Video thumbnails let viewers see a quick snapshot of your video. We suggest that you follow the suggestion Ruth Buruga on this
    thread for possible solution.

Let us know how it goes.

Marvin Barc, Jul 22, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

I didn't have much of thumbnails for videos until I installed VLC/Video LAN player. Win10 doesn't come with much for videos.

Video Files Not Showing Thumbnails in File Explorer [​IMG]

Berton, Jul 22, 2017
  5. riqrat Win User
    I had thumbnails before my last Windows update. After weeding out several issues, this seems to be the last one I need to deal with.

I already had VLC installed, but went ahead and reinstalled it.

Same issue though. Just an icon. In this case the VLC icon.

Video Files Not Showing Thumbnails in File Explorer [​IMG]

riqrat, Jul 22, 2017
  6. riqrat Win User
    I don't know why I had thumbnails for .mp4 files prior to the last Windows update since searching for a fix pretty much agrees with Berton's comment that Win10 doesn't really come with much support for it.

After trying a bunch of tips, I decided to install a program called Icaros.

That allowed me to add .mp4 to the list of filetypes and activate thumbnails for it.

Works. All is good now.

riqrat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Video Files Not Showing Thumbnails in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Video Files Showing

2. File explorer thumbnails not showing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer thumbnails not showing.: Recently file explorer stopped showing the thumbnails and showed a white file in its place. I tried going into view and changing the settings but it was all normal. [ATTACH]...
  3. File explorer thumbnails show no preview for videos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer thumbnails show no preview for videos: Hi all, I just built a pc and installed Windows 10. I have been working on Macs for years now so there is a bit of a learning curve. I usually do video editing but have run into a problem. Typically when I go to finder, Mac's version of file explorer, I see a thumbnail with a...
  4. Thumbnails not showing in file explorer

Thumbnails not showing in file explorer: I don't know if this is still happening to anyone else but recently all the thumbnails/icons for my files are not showing up. It happened either late last night or earlier today out of the blue and nothing is working to fix it. Does anyone know any methods to fix the issue?...
  5. File Explorer is not showing thumbnails

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Explorer is not showing thumbnails: My Canon camera has the updated firmware. When I downloaded to the PC and opened the File Explorer, I saw just icons rather than thumbnails. It is Canon RP file extension cr3. Other file extensions show thumbnails. How to solve this problem??...
  6. File Explorer not showing thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer not showing thumbnails: My file explorer is not displaying thumbnails ( as it was earlier) instead it is showing default program icon ( windows photo viewer, set as default for all pictures) for all picture files like jpgs, bmps. When I browse folders containing pictures. at first it displays...
  7. Why aren't my video thumbnails showing in file explorer?

Why aren't my video thumbnails showing in file explorer?: [ATTACH] no links to websites please. no one wants to read it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-arent-my-video-thumbnails-showing-in-file/4bbdcc10-ece9-4000-984c-7fcb906d33ed"
  8. Why aren't my video thumbnails showing in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why aren't my video thumbnails showing in file explorer?: [ATTACH] no links to websites please. no one wants to read it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-arent-my-video-thumbnails-showing-in-file/4bbdcc10-ece9-4000-984c-7fcb906d33ed
  9. Windows 10 File Explorer not showing video files in thumbnail format

Windows 10 File Explorer not showing video files in thumbnail format: I've seen this question asked several times before within the community, as of yet I've not seen a solution to my problem. Until several days ago I wasn't having this problem, File Explorer was working correctly and all my video files were being shown in thumbnail format....
  10. Show thumbnail for shortcut of a video file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Show thumbnail for shortcut of a video file?: Is there any way for thumbnails to appear on shortcuts of video files? Just like if it was the actual video file? Right now I just have a generic icon. 115362

Users found this page by searching for:

1. video not showing in thumbnail

2. windows vedio files not showing picture