Windows 10: Video files resolution getting smaller

Discus and support Video files resolution getting smaller in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have on my D Drive, My own personal TV Series I have bought and converted and have a Resolution of 1280x720p in either H264 or H265 format or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jonpwren, Mar 27, 2018.

1. jonpwren Win User

Video files resolution getting smaller

Hi
    I have on my D Drive, My own personal TV Series I have bought and converted and have a Resolution of 1280x720p in either H264 or H265 format or all Video Files.

Today I went to watch a TV Show and I noticed that many of my Video Files have been reduced in resolution size from 720p to 480p and some of the shows are now AVI and not H264 or H265.
    I cannot figure out how that has changed?

Any help would be grateful on how to solve this

Thanks

:)

jonpwren, Mar 27, 2018
  2. JonWren Win User

Hi

I have on my D Drive, My own personal TV Series I have bought and converted and have a Resolution of 1280x720p in either H264 or H265 format or all Video Files.

Today I went to watch a TV Show and I noticed that many of my Video Files have been reduced in resolution size from 720p to 480p and some of the shows are now AVI and not H264 or H265.

I cannot figure out how that has changed?

Any help would be grateful on how to solve this

Thanks

JonWren, Mar 27, 2018
  3. dheaven Win User
    320x240 video on S40 3rd edition

I wonder if anyone successfuly converted a video file to 320x240 resolution, for example for 6280. I tried to do so with Nokia Multimedia Player and with Nokia Multimedia Converter but the phone wasn't able to open the files. Other (smaller) resolutions
    work fine. So, is there some limit in resolution for devices with Multimedia players, or? Thanks

dheaven, Mar 27, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

Welcome to TenForums @jonpwren

Conversion to an AVI can only happen by running software to do the conversion, possibly by accident. What are you using to play these videos?

5. jonpwren Win User
    Hi
    I use Potplayer to view videos on the PC and Plex via Apple TV

I use Potplayer just to view the quailty of the videos once converted and mainly watch on Plex after.
    I have check Plex settings and have no Optimised videos.
    I have just finished 2 days ago converting Season 1 to 10 of the X-files, and now seasons 1 to 8 have changed to AVI and the resolution from 720 to 480p.

The X-files videos have NOT been put onto plex and are in D Drive on a sep folder, the strange thing is this is only happening on D Drive.
    Drive E which has got back-ups of all the videos are all still 720p

I have even erased D Drive, re-formated, and place a few folders inside and after 5 to 9 days I have AVI videos instead of H264/H265.
    I use Handbrake for my conversations, which does not have the AVI format to covert files.

I am 100% lost on this

Cheers

jonpwren, Mar 28, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    As I said, there has to be some sort of software running that is performing the conversion. Files don't just convert themselves, and there's no built-in Windows function that would do this. I can only think that it is some 3rd-party software running in the background and set up to convert everything on the D: drive.

Look in Device Manager. On the Processes tab are there any video-related apps running? It may help identify the culprit by clicking on the Disk column to sort in descending order of disk activity. Watch for a while and see if anything suspicious makes it to the top of the list. On the Start-up tab, look for anything video-related that could be responsible.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Video files resolution getting smaller - Similar Threads - Video files resolution

2. can't be able to change resolution of a game without it's window getting smaller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't be able to change resolution of a game without it's window getting smaller: hiso i am using a MacBook Pro 2019, and i installed bootcamp on it, i used to use bootcamp on my mac but because of a problem, my mac fully got erased and i had to reinstall windows again, before my mac getting erased, i would be able to change resolutions of games such as...
  3. can't be able to change resolution of a game without it's window getting smaller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't be able to change resolution of a game without it's window getting smaller: hiso i am using a MacBook Pro 2019, and i installed bootcamp on it, i used to use bootcamp on my mac but because of a problem, my mac fully got erased and i had to reinstall windows again, before my mac getting erased, i would be able to change resolutions of games such as...
  4. Restarting with nonnative resolution made text a lot smaller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarting with nonnative resolution made text a lot smaller: I have a 16:9 1080p laptop display. I switched the resolution to 1440:1080 (4:3) stretched to play CSGO. I then restarted my PC without changing it back to 16:9. After it restarted and I changed the resolution back, a lot of the text was smaller, like the text in chrome tabs,...
  5. Xbox Recorder recording is a smaller resolution?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Recorder recording is a smaller resolution?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TimelySong9 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jm4l3x/xbox_recorder_recording_is_a_smaller_resolution/
  6. Smaller resolutions changed from fit to fill?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Smaller resolutions changed from fit to fill?: I was having some issues today trying with valorant because i play at 1920x1080 but my surface book 2 has a 3000x2000 screen. Normally i would scale down and play normally however today everytime i opened valorant the resolution would switch back to 3000x2000 on the desktop....
  7. Converting Quicktime Video Screen Capture to smaller file sizes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Converting Quicktime Video Screen Capture to smaller file sizes: I have about 10 longer Quicktime Video Screen Capture files which are massive (10+GB). I was wondering if there is an app or software that I can bulk shrink the file sizes and/or convert to H.264? I have google searched for this but most of the search results that I get are...
  8. Game Resolution Notably Smaller After Reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game Resolution Notably Smaller After Reinstalling Windows: I had to reinstall Windows a few days ago and once I logged in again my screen looked clearer and bigger. Normally that would be fine, but the screen resolution is so big that most of my games can't fit the screen in windowed mode. Before, 1280x720 for a game fit the screen...
  9. Screen smaller and resolution

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen smaller and resolution: Hi everyone, I am having issues with my Surface Pro 4... the screen resolution is now worse and the screen size has become smaller, following some video gameplay. I find that the text has gotten a bit bigger but I can't find any solutions of how I could fix this problem. I...
  10. File size gets smaller

in Windows 10 Customization
    File size gets smaller: I’m scanning in slides which come out at 29MP, I edit them in Microsoft Photos but when I save they are reduced to 5MP and lose quality. How can I keep the size and quality?...