Windows 10: Video Mode Not Supported

Discus and support Video Mode Not Supported in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 11 2-in-1. The screen is fairly small and I tried to hook up an external monitor I have. Had to go get an HDMI to VGA adapter to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by MaritiaMillsap, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Video Mode Not Supported

I have a Dell Inspiron 11 2-in-1. The screen is fairly small and I tried to hook up an external monitor I have. Had to go get an HDMI to VGA adapter to make it work. When I tried to set it up the External monitor says video mode not supported. I tried to download a driver and got a Generic PnP Monitor driver. Still not working. Any suggestions that I can do?

:)

MaritiaMillsap, Jan 27, 2017

2. N96 Camera does not Auto Focus on Video Mode

Hi,

When using N96 camera to record videos, in video mode, the camera does not support Auto Focus or Manual Focus.

Why? and How to get Auto Focus in Video Mode?

Thanks.

fdiscussion, Jan 27, 2017
  3. Video not supported

Reupdate up software. Or use video player app for play video

Dharanimahata, Jan 27, 2017
  4. bobkn Win User

Video Mode Not Supported

I have no personal experience with that sort of adapter.

It sounds like the Inspiron is supplying a signal that is out-of-range for the monitor. Whether you could set a more appropriate resolution and refresh rate in the control panel for you display adapter (graphics device), I can't guess.

Do you have the option to connect to the monitor using DVI instead? I'd expect that an HDMI to DVI adapter would be better than HDMI to VGA. (The VGA adapter must be an active device. VGA uses a purely analog signal, while HDMI is entirely digital. DVI can include both, so with a dumb adapter, the monitor would have to be compatible with DVI-D.)

At some point, buying a monitor that supports HDMI may save you more effort. You can get one for around $100 (Staples, BestBuy, etc.).

bobkn, Jan 28, 2017
Thema:

Video Mode Not Supported

1. Video Mode Not Supported - Similar Threads - Video Mode Supported

2. Video card not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video card not supported: Hi, hoping someone may be able to clarify an issue with my home PC for me. My daughter went to play The Sims and as she launched it a message popped up saying the video card was not supported. She has played the same games on this PC numerous times. The screen then crashed...
  3. Video card not supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video card not supported: Hi, hoping someone may be able to clarify an issue with my home PC for me. My daughter went to play The Sims and as she launched it a message popped up saying the video card was not supported. She has played the same games on this PC numerous times. The screen then crashed...
  4. Video Mode Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video Mode Not Working: So in the windows 10 camera app everything seems to work fine, I can take pictures I can see everything just fine but when I try to record a video it does a quick blink of the recording option then stops and didn’t record anything at all. Any idea what this is and how I can...
  5. Video card not supported

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video card not supported: I have an old dell running Windows 7 32bit. I tried to up grad with media creator to Windows 10. Says my video card is incompatible. GeForce 6150se nforce 430. I can't find a driver for it, does anyone know of a driver that will work with Windows 10? It is a dell Inspiron 531...
  6. Video card not supported

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Video card not supported: I have an old dell running Windows 7 32bit. I tried to up grad with media creator to Windows 10. Says my video card is incompatible. GeForce 6150se nforce 430. I can't find a driver for it, does anyone know of a driver that will work with Windows 10? It is a dell Inspiron 531...
  7. display supported modes

in Windows 10 Customization
    display supported modes: Hi All, Does anyone know where are all the supported display modes listed (in Windows registry?) Problem is that due to a video switch the display, computer does not get EDID data from the display and the native resolution is not then listed in the supported modes of the...
  8. Legacy mode is not supported

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Legacy mode is not supported: HI, Ive bought a brand new Laptop with no operating system (DOS) While trying to install windows 10 from a bootable USB stick the following problem occures : I cant activate Legacy mode ,the option is not even there ! ,Only UEFI is supported . Note that i've disabled fast...
  9. Chrome’s picture in picture mode may soon support non-video contents

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome’s picture in picture mode may soon support non-video contents: In October 2018, Google enabled support for Picture-in-Picture (PiP) inside the Chrome browser. This feature allowed websites to display a floating video popup outside the browser container and let users watch the content while using other applications. PiP is useful and it...
  10. Mode Not Supported

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Mode Not Supported: would someone please help me? I built a desktop last winter. I have using an older Samsung TV for my monitor. HDMI connection. display resolution is 1360 x 768. it has worked fine. yesterday I updated Windows 10 to the latest update. the monitor now says "Mode Not...