Windows 10: Video not playing in windows 10

Discus and support Video not playing in windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have had a problem viewing videos on my laptop for some time. When I play a video the sound works fine but there is no picture. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stewartlincoln, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Video not playing in windows 10

I have had a problem viewing videos on my laptop for some time.
    When I play a video the sound works fine but there is no picture.
    I have tried opening the videos with several players i.e. power DVD Windows Media Player Quick Time etc. but none work
    However, if I open one of my video editing Programs ‘Adobe Premiere Pro’ & then import the file I can view the video with picture & sound. This is quite a convoluted way to just view a video & as Premiere is quite a large program it takes quite a while to view the clip.
    Has anyone any ideas how I can solve this problem?

:)

stewartlincoln, Oct 1, 2016

2. viewing videos on windows 10

Why don't videos play on windows 10? You tube videos won't play (sometimes the sound works but the video doesn't play), even the get started videos won't play. Is there a fix?

robertandersonxa, Oct 1, 2016
  3. Unable to play Camera Videos on Windows 10

*Original Title: video playing

cannot play my camera videos with windows 10

jean_richards, Oct 1, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

Video not playing in windows 10

Does this happen for all videos, or just some?

If it's "some", you may need some video codecs. I have had success with the K-Lite codec pack (free).

bobkn, Oct 1, 2016
  5. no it happens with all videos but I will try the K-lite codec pack tomorrow
    thank you for your input

stewartlincoln, Oct 1, 2016
  6. eLPuSHeR Win User
    You can also try the VideoLAN player. It has got most codecs built-in

I like K-Lite but it has got the nasty habit of being updated almost everyday. LOL.

eLPuSHeR, Oct 1, 2016
  7. bobkn Win User
    Good luck. Unless all of the videos you tried are in formats unsupported natively in Win 10, codecs won't help.

bobkn, Oct 2, 2016
  8. Video not playing in windows 10

I loaded the K-lite codec pack but that made no difference so I downloaded & installed VideoLAN[/URL] player that has worked perfectly so I have set it as default program to run videos.
    There is also an added bonus I can now play the videos produced by my Sony PMW X3 which saves its file to a version of Sony's MP4 which is usually unplayable on windows unless once again using Premiere Pro.
    I have also added it to my desktop computer so now I can view the files from the camcorder easily.
    Thank you everyone for your help.

stewartlincoln, Oct 2, 2016
  9. klcp Win User
    This is probably a driver problem. Re-install your graphics driver. Another fairly common cause is a compatibility problem with a security tool (such as AVG, F-Secure, EMET, HitmanPro). Did MPC-HC player (included with K-Lite) show an error?

klcp, Oct 2, 2016
  10. I do have F-Secure I suppose I could turn it off & see if the problem persists with the other Programs i.e. media player etc. although I can live with running VLCMedia Player to view video.
    I would not be surprised at all that it could be the video card as it is an old laptop I am using on Windows 10. Although I find it strange that the video card would allow some programs i.e VLCMedia Player & Premiere Pro to see the clips.

stewartlincoln, Oct 2, 2016
  11. klcp Win User
    In case of F-Secure you should disable its DeepGuard function. That can cause MPC-HC to crash or freeze on opening. Which video card do you have?

12. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Why going to that lenght in effort if VLC is already working fine for him? I have found out that sometimes some weird coded videos won't open under KLCP but they will do under VideoLAN. I prefer MPC myself, but VideoLAN is quite good on its own.

eLPuSHeR, Oct 3, 2016
  13. klcp Win User

Because his problem is not directly codec related, but most likely due to a driver issue. Some older graphics cards are not fully compatible with Win10.

If you have a video that doesn't play with , then report it at the Codec Guide forum. The devs can usually add support for it rather quickly, certainly if VLC can play it, since both use decoders from ffmpeg.

14. The other day my grandson’s girlfriend suggest that I use Opera as a web browser I loaded it & now I can view Videos from YouTube without first downloading to my hard drive. The videos on my hard drive I still have to view in VLC, so my problem is not the end of the world as I can now get around it but if anyone has any further suggestions to solve the problem fully I would appreciate it.
    Merry Christmas to everyone

stewartlincoln, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Video not playing in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Video playing

2. How to Auto play video on schedule time in pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Auto play video on schedule time in pc: I wanted to play videos on schedule time in my pc screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-auto-play-video-on-schedule-time-in-pc/592861ca-6241-47b6-988b-9619221df335
  3. How to Auto play video on schedule time in pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Auto play video on schedule time in pc: I wanted to play videos on schedule time in my pc screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-auto-play-video-on-schedule-time-in-pc/592861ca-6241-47b6-988b-9619221df335
  4. How we play a video through film & tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How we play a video through film & tv: If anyone had a answer then answer it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-we-play-a-video-through-film-tv/5a95ba62-89ca-444e-a137-f744c6b2c1e4
  5. How we play a video through film & tv

How we play a video through film & tv: If anyone had a answer then answer it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-we-play-a-video-through-film-tv/5a95ba62-89ca-444e-a137-f744c6b2c1e4
  6. When playing any video game in windows my pc is making a beeping sound when the C key is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When playing any video game in windows my pc is making a beeping sound when the C key is...: When playing any video game in windows my pc is making a beeping sound when the C key is pressed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-playing-any-video-game-in-windows-my-pc-is/0f035422-1843-415c-b6e5-f998ff551a41
  7. When playing any video game in windows my pc is making a beeping sound when the C key is...

When playing any video game in windows my pc is making a beeping sound when the C key is...: When playing any video game in windows my pc is making a beeping sound when the C key is pressed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-playing-any-video-game-in-windows-my-pc-is/0f035422-1843-415c-b6e5-f998ff551a41
  8. PC Crashes and Reboots when playing one specific video game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashes and Reboots when playing one specific video game: As the title says, whenever I play a certain game, the PC crashes and reboots. It is the only game that does it, as any other video game doesn't do that. It's been happening for about 2 days now.Here are the DMP files from the crashes.040824-5812-01.zip...
  9. PC Crashes and Reboots when playing one specific video game

PC Crashes and Reboots when playing one specific video game: As the title says, whenever I play a certain game, the PC crashes and reboots. It is the only game that does it, as any other video game doesn't do that. It's been happening for about 2 days now.Here are the DMP files from the crashes.040824-5812-01.zip...
  10. why won't video play from internet archive site

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why won't video play from internet archive site: vodeo no longer available in ms edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-video-play-from-internet-archive-site/9edf29b9-b549-44c6-8a43-742bf53b168a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xc00d5212 codec microsoft windows 10