Windows 10: Video only playing in B&W.

Discus and support Video only playing in B&W. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just recently, my Toshiba Laptop started only playing Videos in B&W only. All the other color features like pictures and backgrounds are just fine in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WilliamSturgis, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Video only playing in B&W.

Just recently, my Toshiba Laptop started only playing Videos in B&W only. All the other color features like pictures and backgrounds are just fine in color. Tried all the troubleshooting and driver updates available in Windows 10. Am running Version 1803, Build 17134.191 Any suggestions on what to try next?

:)

WilliamSturgis, Aug 11, 2018

2. Video trouble w/ Windows 10

Hi Beverly,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to play the videos from phone or camera after Windows 10 update. We will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know, which video player are you using to view/play the videos?

Step 1: I suggest you to copy the content from phone or camera on the local disc of your computer and check if you able to play the videos.

Step 2: Also, try to run the troubleshooter and check:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box on the desktop screen and hit
      Enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all option on the upper left corner.

• Click on Video Playback and follow the onscreen instruction.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 11, 2018
  3. Videos won't play- "This item is in a format we don't support. Oxc1010103"

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the following questions:

• Which is the media player you are trying to play the video?
    • What is the format of the video file you are trying to play?
    I suggest you to run the video in the Windows media player
    and check.

If the issue still persist, you may check for any pending updates and install it, then check if you can play the video. To check for the update and install the updates, please follow the below steps:

• Go to Start menu, and type Windows updates and press Enter.
    • Click on Check for updates, Windows will check for any pending updates and shows on the screen after this. Select install to install the updates.

Hope you could play the video.

Get back to us for further queries, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Aug 11, 2018
  4. Pawan1709 Win User

Video only playing in B&W.

upgraded from 7 to 10. youtube videos won't play

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Which internet browser are you using to play online videos?

• Which video are you referring by “others?”

• Are you using a local or Microsoft user account?

• Are you getting any error on trying to play videos?

I suggest you to login using a Microsoft account, in case you are not logged into one and try the below steps and check if it helps,

Step 1: If issue is with Internet explorer, I suggest you to refer this link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-11

Step 2: Ensure to install any pending updates on the system and restart the computer to check if this helps.

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back with the above details so that we can assist you further, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

Video only playing in B&W.

1. Video only playing in B&W. - Similar Threads - Video playing B&W

2. Display/colorvs B/W

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display/colorvs B/W: Want to return display screen back to origional Black and White. When using this new color screen the whole window changed format. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/displaycolorvs-bw/058531f5-fab3-402f-a744-a94be9a261e8
  3. B/W lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    B/W lock screen: How to delete b/w lock screen photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bw-lock-screen/346c5202-719b-4391-95ee-246668975bb9
  4. Videos and GIFs play in B&W

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos and GIFs play in B&W: I have a problem with my software. When I'm on my applications i.e. Twitter, Discord, Skype, Photos, etc., all my videos and GIFs I send or see play in color and within a millisecond will turn black and white. I went onto my Internet Explorer app and Youtube works just fine...
  5. B/W on Social Media

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    B/W on Social Media: Hi, The videos on FB and Twitter and other websites are in B/W. However, they play in color on YouTube.... My computer is updated. Not sure what to do. Any suggestions? My computer is now about 4 years old...is it dying? Thx!...
  6. Windows Camera Display in B/W

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Camera Display in B/W: Hi everyone! Quick question. The camera I use on my Windows 10 laptop only displays the images in black and white. Everything else displays in color except for when I need my camera for a video call or to take a photo. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks....
  7. mp4 video suddenly stopped playing video, plays audio only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mp4 video suddenly stopped playing video, plays audio only: The videos worked in the morning 5/03/19 but in the afternoon they only played the audio. Windows media won't play them and I tried several other players and still no video. Normally I use GOM Player as my default player and use Win Media Player as a back up, but even VLC...
  8. Webcam only in B/W

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam only in B/W: My webcam used to work just fine. Since the most recent update (OS Build - 17763.379 - Windows 10 Home version 1809 - updated 3/14/19), my webcam has gone to B/W and sepia tones if I tweak it a bit. How do I get color back? I have tried updating the driver, uninstalling...
  9. W-10 Sound Fades When Playing Videos.....

W-10 Sound Fades When Playing Videos.....: I had to do a re-set on my laptop and one of the side effects is now when ever I watch a Video no matter if on Facebook or You Tube the sound starts out OK but it fades. I searched the Tutorials and found nothing... Thanks . Eventually I will get this computer to be...
  10. HP15 PC w/ AMD Radeon HD 8210 plays most website videos in B&W

HP15 PC w/ AMD Radeon HD 8210 plays most website videos in B&W: Im having a problem with videos in my Facebook and Twitter feeds as well most websites playing in Black and White in Chrome. Same in Edge but with Edge if I go full screen, the video goes to a black screen. YouTube is in full Color. . I am on windows 10 pro x64 creators...