Windows 10: Video play not working after installation

Discus and support Video play not working after installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Most kinks worked out after installing 10, but the video player doesn't want to work now. Any ideas? *Shock 11279 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Janet, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Janet Win User

Video play not working after installation

Most kinks worked out after installing 10, but the video player doesn't want to work now. Any ideas? *Shock

:)

Janet, Jul 31, 2015

2. BUG: WP8 recorded videos (or any videos in the videos folder) won't play, crashes

I did a hard reset and then restored from backup. After all of my apps were installed and everything re-synced I checked to see if the videos on my SD card would play. All of them played fine. Videos in YouTube.com and MetroTube played fine. Recording
    videos with the camera and playing them back worked fine. After charging the Lumia 810 overnight, this morning... no videos will play from the SD card, and no recorded videos will play.

How is it possible for the video player to get corrupt like this?

Adam Z Lein, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Adobe Flash

my flash was not working on the windows ten for several weeks. then I installed not finding the ms help helpful. videos had been working then they stopped. after install. still not working. with reinstalled flash the videos again played. try installing
    again!

oobigolginjin, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Video play not working after installation

1. Video play not working after installation - Similar Threads - Video play working

2. file .df after playing a video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file .df after playing a video: in win 11 after i play any video a .df file shows up and it is annoying that it is there how to get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-df-after-playing-a-video/aea852fb-e316-41b6-a428-8c91c61ca164
  3. file .df after playing a video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file .df after playing a video: in win 11 after i play any video a .df file shows up and it is annoying that it is there how to get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-df-after-playing-a-video/aea852fb-e316-41b6-a428-8c91c61ca164
  4. Videos not playing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos not playing: Hello folks,Last week videos would not play online. Didn't matter which browser.I could open the video and it would show the content, load it, etc. But it would not play.I updated everything audio, windows 10, video driver, etcNothing helped. I switched to the default audio...
  5. Video and audio not playing/working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video and audio not playing/working: So...I bought this laptop like 2 weeks ago, and I've just run into an issue. When I try to watch videos on YouTube, it loads for forever. Sometimes the video goes black but continues to load. And if it actually does load in, it has no audio. Even ads. A similar thing...
  6. Lock screen not working if video playing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen not working if video playing: Hello, I have the lock screen set on Windows 10 for one minute, which I thought would always kick-in with no mouse or keyboard activity. I've found, though, that sometimes it doesn't do that when I've gone out for more than a minute, and realised it's because I have a news...
  7. Video plays after pausing and will not stop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video plays after pausing and will not stop: I am having a problem where videos will continue to play if you pause the video. This happens with the spotify app as well. I would pause it and about 10 seconds later it starts to play on its own. I tried uninstalling the browsers and reinstalling them with no luck, the...
  8. play video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    play video: video plays for 2 minutes when says hour play error OxcOOd3a9a cant play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-video/18b66a8b-579a-4900-8df1-955033124170
  9. Video's will not play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video's will not play: Hello, My laptop (acer) is only 4 years old and it suddenly won't play my videos - I downloaded video's that I originally filmed on my phone and they have played on my laptop in the past but now it suddenly won't. My Windows Media Player suddenly won't play them. Also my...
  10. Videos will not play

in Windows 10 Support
    Videos will not play: Worked fine yesterday and now today any browser that tries to load a video freezes. Any video I try to start with media player or VLC just starts to load up and stops, nothing happens. Have been searching for fixes, Cleared internet history cache, checked in control panel...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana not working after memory card installed in lumina XL640