Windows 10: Video playback of files on HD/SSD pauses but audio continues

Discus and support Video playback of files on HD/SSD pauses but audio continues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Any video that I playback that is on one of my HD/SSD pauses but the audio continues, then after 10-15 seconds the video cuts to where audio is or fast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tomramos, Oct 11, 2015.

1. tomramos Win User

Video playback of files on HD/SSD pauses but audio continues

Any video that I playback that is on one of my HD/SSD pauses but the audio continues, then after 10-15 seconds the video cuts to where audio is or fast forwards. Does not happen with short clips but with movies or tv episodes.

:)

tomramos, Oct 11, 2015

2. Video pauses in Netflix app, and Chrome

After a period of time video playback will pause on my Surface 3. when the pause occurs the audio continues to play. After a few seconds the video will continue as normal. During a two hour video, the pauses can happen several times. Sometimes I have
    to force the video to play by pressing pause and then the play button again.

This happens in Netflix and when playing video in Edge and Internet explorer. When the video last paused in Edge and IE, I was watching a film from Amazon.

The only application video doesn't pause is in is Firefox, and I suspect that Firefox is using the 'Flash' plugin. I've only tested Firefox for Amazon Video, not Netflix.

I'm running Windows 10 on my Surface 3.

Anyone help?

Obsessive Power, Oct 11, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Pause and resume audio files

The media player you use to play the lectures likely has a keyboard shortcut to pause the playback. For example: In Windows Media Player you can press CTRL+P to pause and resume playback.

These keyboard shortcuts only work if the audio file is on your hard drive. If the audio streams from the internet and the web page doesn't provide a control to pause the playback, there's nothing you can do to force it.

BulldogXX, Oct 11, 2015
  4. Hydranix Win User

What application are you using the watch the videos with?

Hydranix, Oct 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Video playback of files on HD/SSD pauses but audio continues - Similar Threads - Video playback files

2. laptop windows 10 , video/music keep pausing/continues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop windows 10 , video/music keep pausing/continues: whenever i watch or listen in any media vlc/mpc/itunes anything in my laptop it keeps pausing/playing by itself. all drivers are up to date, it happened after latest update, tried troubleshoot everything , nothing happened please help laptop windows 10 930mx nvidia...
  3. Slow motion video / audio playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow motion video / audio playback: A Level 2 Technician just finished installing Version 1809 in to my Dell 5755 laptop, trying to resolve my slow motion video / audio playback. BUT 99.9999% of the time I have no audio at all. This has been ongoing since waaay before the upgrade to the 1809 version. In...
  4. Video Playback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video Playback: When I go to Netflix, amazon video, u-tube etc. and play a video it goes to max size and I can see only about an eighth of it. Until I hit play, all is normal. I have looked at all settings and can find nothing. HELP!...
  5. audio playback has a buffering pause

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio playback has a buffering pause: Windows 10 on dell latitude laptop. occurs on all media options including pre-recorded cds. Have re-installed driver, looked for updates--no solutions. Anyone have a recommendation for a cure?...
  6. Issues streaming and playback audio and video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues streaming and playback audio and video: Since about a week I'm having issues with streaming and playback. When I start my laptop, it works fine, but after a (short) while, I cannot playback anything. No YouTube or Souncloud (in the browser), no Spotify (with application), not even local files with Windows Media...
  7. Video playback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video playback: Hi, my laptop recently crashed whilst playing video and now most of the time when playing video, be it using Google Chrome, Windows media player or even the video in the video playback settings, the red and green will be desaturated leaving mostly just the blue, dose not...
  8. Videos playback

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Videos playback: Since a couple of days ago I cannot play videos properly (on line, or from my own files on the computer). I posted this in a Chrome Forum, it explains my problem: For me, this just started recently (a few days ago) and it does not affect all videos, just some seemingly at...
  9. No Playback Device Option in Realtek HD Audio Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Playback Device Option in Realtek HD Audio Manager: I would like to switch the audio output between front headset and rear speaker in Realtek HD Audio Manager. I remember before there was a "Playback Device" option in the software. Then, choose "make front and rear output devices playback two different audio streams...
  10. Windows 10 Avi-file video (not audio!) playback issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Avi-file video (not audio!) playback issues: So, I recently updated to Windows 10 - partially feel like that was a mistake now, but oh well. Most of the issues I have with it are just connected to it having different design than windows 7, and me being overly used to Win 7, so I guess it'll wear off. There is,...