Windows 10: Video playback of files on HD/SSD pauses but audio continues

Discus and support Video playback of files on HD/SSD pauses but audio continues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Any video that I playback that is on one of my HD/SSD pauses but the audio continues, then after 10-15 seconds the video cuts to where audio is or fast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tomramos, Oct 11, 2015.

1. tomramos Win User

Video playback of files on HD/SSD pauses but audio continues

Any video that I playback that is on one of my HD/SSD pauses but the audio continues, then after 10-15 seconds the video cuts to where audio is or fast forwards. Does not happen with short clips but with movies or tv episodes.

:)

tomramos, Oct 11, 2015

2. Video pauses in Netflix app, and Chrome

After a period of time video playback will pause on my Surface 3. when the pause occurs the audio continues to play. After a few seconds the video will continue as normal. During a two hour video, the pauses can happen several times. Sometimes I have
    to force the video to play by pressing pause and then the play button again.

This happens in Netflix and when playing video in Edge and Internet explorer. When the video last paused in Edge and IE, I was watching a film from Amazon.

The only application video doesn't pause is in is Firefox, and I suspect that Firefox is using the 'Flash' plugin. I've only tested Firefox for Amazon Video, not Netflix.

I'm running Windows 10 on my Surface 3.

Anyone help?

Obsessive Power, Oct 11, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Pause and resume audio files

The media player you use to play the lectures likely has a keyboard shortcut to pause the playback. For example: In Windows Media Player you can press CTRL+P to pause and resume playback.

These keyboard shortcuts only work if the audio file is on your hard drive. If the audio streams from the internet and the web page doesn't provide a control to pause the playback, there's nothing you can do to force it.

BulldogXX, Oct 11, 2015
  4. Hydranix Win User

What application are you using the watch the videos with?

Hydranix, Oct 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Video playback of files on HD/SSD pauses but audio continues - Similar Threads - Video playback files

2. Video and Audio playback issues with Windows 11 and HD AUDIO DRIVER FOR DISPLAY AUDIO using...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video and Audio playback issues with Windows 11 and HD AUDIO DRIVER FOR DISPLAY AUDIO using...: Hi,OS: Windows 11 Pro 64 bit 22H2 Build 22621.2428Motherboard : Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. MAG B560 TOMAHAWK WIFI MS-7D15 U3E1Processor: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHzInstalled RAM: 64 GBDisplay: Hisense 50-inch ULED U6HF SeriesSoundbar: Yamaha...
  3. Video and Audio playback issues with Windows 11 and HD AUDIO DRIVER FOR DISPLAY AUDIO using...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video and Audio playback issues with Windows 11 and HD AUDIO DRIVER FOR DISPLAY AUDIO using...: Hi,OS: Windows 11 Pro 64 bit 22H2 Build 22621.2428Motherboard : Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. MAG B560 TOMAHAWK WIFI MS-7D15 U3E1Processor: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHzInstalled RAM: 64 GBDisplay: Hisense 50-inch ULED U6HF SeriesSoundbar: Yamaha...
  4. Audio/Video pauses randomly, then resyncs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio/Video pauses randomly, then resyncs.: Got a strange one here:When watching videos or streaming, the audio randomly pauses, the video continues for a second or so, then the video pauses, the audio restarts, and then when they both get to the same point, they both continue as normal. This will happen with streaming...
  5. Can't pause either video or audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't pause either video or audio: I tried Spotify, YouTube, Windows 10 video player, after video/audio is paused, it will be played again without me asking it to play. I think I only have this problem recently, anybody else??? HELP!!!! submitted by /u/yzd0014 [link] [comments]...
  6. No audio or video playback.

No audio or video playback.: My laptop has Windows 10 home. The audio and video is not working. Widows updates are current. I have run the windows troubleshooter and laptop diagnostics but to no avail. Please can someone advise if this is a windows issue and how I can fix it? Many thanks...
  7. Audio and video pauses automatically

Audio and video pauses automatically: Audio and video pause automatically and sometimes pause and play only when I use an internal Youtube, google or 3rd party software windows media player, VLC, films &TVs . 1. It happens only when I am playing a video or audio. 2. No virus after scan 3. Since the spacebar key...
  8. Windows 10 no HD audio playback device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 no HD audio playback device: I gotten a Dell Studio 1558 laptop with windows 10 where the speakers are not being found so no playback device is available. The task bar speaker icon has the dreaded red X. Device Mgr->Sound, video, and game controllers shows the High Definition Audio Device with a driver...
  9. Video Playback & Audio Problems

Video Playback & Audio Problems: Whenever I try to watch videos on youtube, my laptop won't play them and just keep loading. Every time I try, the audio function stops working and then the video will play. I have ran the troubleshoot for the audio and it says it's fixed but then the video won't play again....
  10. audio playback has a buffering pause

audio playback has a buffering pause: Windows 10 on dell latitude laptop. occurs on all media options including pre-recorded cds. Have re-installed driver, looked for updates--no solutions. Anyone have a recommendation for a cure?...