Windows 10: Video playback stutters - different problems with different players

Discus and support Video playback stutters - different problems with different players in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! So here's how it looks like with different programs: VLC - video doesn't seem to stutter, audio stutters (stops momentarily about 2 times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Szark, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Szark Win User

Video playback stutters - different problems with different players

Hello!

So here's how it looks like with different programs:
    VLC - video doesn't seem to stutter, audio stutters (stops momentarily about 2 times per second). Computer restart can solve that sometimes.
    W10 Movies and TV app - video freezes for about 1-10 seconds few times in a minute AND audio doesn't stutter at all.
    Windows Media Player (which can be found in W10 also) - no problems at all!

I'm forcefully updated to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro SP1 on the launch day and used the "don't leave anything" option when doing the update. Which isn't exactly "clean install" but it did feel so in the end. The Windows also automatically found all the video and audio drivers. My wife used the simple update option with her laptop (didn't wipe anything) and all works well on her computer (also with the new Movies and TV app). My computer specs (which are higher but older than hers) should be in my profile.

I'm guessing there's something to do with either the video or audio drivers or codecs. What could be wrong? Where to begin?

:)

Szark, Aug 2, 2015

2. Nokia Lumia 800 - Micro Stuttering / Lag in OS and also in video playback

I have the same problem with Lumia 900 (unbranded). I thought this is because of the codec in playbacked video (x264), but I have done some tests: used various codecs with different bitrates, recorded own videos using Lumia in 720p and VGA, played them on
    it and even uploaded them to Youtube and then played them...

What shocked me is that VGA video stuttering in Lumia's player was NOT stuttering while streaming from Youtube. I mean, WHAT THE HELL?????????

BioXymoron, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Lumia 950 - Can't connect to Miracast devices

I have the same problems with my 950 XL. When connected wirelessly with miracast (screen mirroring) video playback is stuttering on my phone and on the connected Screen - no difference what app I use to play videos (playing locally stored videos, youtube,
    zattoo IPTV). If not connected wirelessly they all play smoothly.

greeneyes65, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Video playback stutters - different problems with different players

1. Video playback stutters - different problems with different players - Similar Threads - Video playback stutters

2. HEVC video has stuttered playback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HEVC video has stuttered playback: The problem persists for more than 2 years. It was in Windows 10, now it successfully migrated to the new Windows 11. Any video encoded in HEVC has stuttering playback like 10 frames play forward, then 5 goes back and the solution of this obviously awful codec error have not...
  3. HEVC video has stuttered playback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC video has stuttered playback: The problem persists for more than 2 years. It was in Windows 10, now it successfully migrated to the new Windows 11. Any video encoded in HEVC has stuttering playback like 10 frames play forward, then 5 goes back and the solution of this obviously awful codec error have not...
  4. Switching apps to different playback devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching apps to different playback devices: So Adobe Premiere Pro is currently outputting sound to speakers, how do I make it output to my headphones? I have tried Settings>System>Sound>App Volume Devices Preferences but it does not work. I also do not want to download other apps....
  5. Stuttering Video Playback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stuttering Video Playback: I have a PC Laptop with Windows 10. Since the most recent update in November, my videos have not played smoothly, instead they start and stop constantly, whether it's Chrome, Firefox, the DVD player or the Netflix app. I have tried updating the apps, installing different...
  6. video playback stuttering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video playback stuttering: video playback stuttering https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-playback-stuttering/db841da1-dc0c-4e93-bba9-dd619955dbbe
  7. FPS problem in Adobe Flash Player video playback

in Browsers and Email
    FPS problem in Adobe Flash Player video playback: Hi I'm watching a TV show on hulu.com named Americas Got Talent which support 60 fps but the playback always drop a lot of frames and the video cropping a little bit. it never lock at 60 fps. so i took a HTML5 video test at 30fps vs 60fps - Compare footage from various...
  8. Video Playback Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Video Playback Problem: I'm getting an error message quite frequently when I try to play a video on almost any website, such as YouTube The message reads: An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID:_VBAMBUYe5vqHN9kc6C). My Internet connection seems OK. I tried Googling the ID but...
  9. Having problems with different video formats

in Windows 10 Support
    Having problems with different video formats: I'm new to using a program called PowerDirector 12, but I think I have the basics down about how to save a video after shortening it to what I want it to be. The final problem is the different formats. When I shorten a video, it's partly to shrink the file size. But when I...
  10. Video player small stutter

in Windows 10 Support
    Video player small stutter: I don`t know is this a windows 10 problem or not, but I will post here. On Win10 when I open video files I always got a small mouse stutter (0.5s stutter). I tryed with Poplayer and now I am using MPC, same situation. It a estetic problem but I would like to get rid of it....