Windows 10: Video playback suddenly has strange green lines?

Discus and support Video playback suddenly has strange green lines? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I thought I solved this a couple days ago when I cleared the flashplayer data but now it is back and repeating the task does not help. So here was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bright Eyes, May 26, 2016.

1. Video playback suddenly has strange green lines?

I thought I solved this a couple days ago when I cleared the flashplayer data but now it is back and repeating the task does not help.

So here was my original question: Suddenly this started happening when I watch videos on windows media player.

Screen capture: Upload and Share Videos - Sendvid

Look for green lines around edges mostly. This seems to occur on all things like youtube, not just the windows media player.

Sorry if video is laggy just pause a minute or two and resume.

Example: https://postimg.org/image/gclzphpjv/

:)

Bright Eyes, May 26, 2016
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Green Video Playback

Hi John,

Based on the details provided, were there any changes made before the issue occurred? Kindly revert your video card
    back to the previous version and check if the issue will still occur.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 26, 2016
  3. Ctrl-Z Win User
    Green Video Playback

For about a week now, when I attempt to watch a video on YouTube, Microsoft Virtual Academy or other website, the playback area appears solid green; almost lime green. The caveat? The same videos play fine in Firefox. Edge, IE, and Chrome all do the green
    thing.

I'm using an integrated video card (Radeon 4250?) on my Asus mobo which is about 7 years old. No updated drivers available. I'm probably going to buy a PCIe x 16 video card for it but I find it interesting that Firefox plays the videos but other browsers
    don't.

Thoughts, ideas or recommendations?

Happy New Year!

John

Gibson Research Corporatiom

SpinRite, free utilities and Security Now!

Home of Gibson Research Corporation  

Ctrl-Z, May 26, 2016
  4. TweakRaGe Win User

Video playback suddenly has strange green lines?

I'm interested in all things display. I'm have worst time diagnosis

TweakRaGe, May 27, 2016
  5. Do you mean you worst "time" diagnosing display problems? not sure what you mean

Bright Eyes, May 27, 2016
  6. OK. Yeah I still have this problem, it is so persistent. Hope someone can help me....

Bright Eyes, May 28, 2016
  7. TweakRaGe Win User
    It's hard to explain and harder to correct. I have text from aida64. Says I have corrupt video bios. My real Asus p6t bios is fine and has no option to stop the vga driver. I have to have dual TV and monitor plugged in to get on to work . I can switch outlets and monitor. It's weird

TweakRaGe, May 28, 2016
  8. Video playback suddenly has strange green lines?

I have a laptop but I have it set so when I close my lid it displays onto my Asus monitor. Who is aida64? the problem that you're speaking about it what? do you have the same issue as me

Bright Eyes, May 28, 2016
  9. TweakRaGe Win User
    If u have windows then probably

TweakRaGe, May 28, 2016
  10. Look at all the lines on his suit up close here: View image: DSC00753

Bright Eyes, May 29, 2016
  11. Update: I seem to have solved this issue by reducing the refresh rate. I am unsure if it is affecting anything els or reducing quality.

Viewing my thread posted here shows a better explanation of this issue: Green lines messing up ALL video playback (windows 10)

All of the pictures there are seen without having to open links.

Update: I think I have solved this issue.

Bright Eyes, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Video playback suddenly has strange green lines?

1. Video playback suddenly has strange green lines? - Similar Threads - Video playback suddenly

2. Green horizontal line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Green horizontal line: I was playing GTA 5 on my zbook g4 workstation suddenly I saw a green horizontal line at bottom of my screen.I have tried reinstalling my graphic card which is m1200 but still line is there. Please help me As soon as possible...
  3. Green horizontal line

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Green horizontal line: I was playing GTA 5 on my zbook g4 workstation suddenly I saw a green horizontal line at bottom of my screen.I have tried reinstalling my graphic card which is m1200 but still line is there. Please help me As soon as possible...
  4. green line perimeter

in Windows 10 Customization
    green line perimeter: I have seen a green line above the task bar a week ago, now the green line has spread to be the perimeter of my PC screen over the last few days, I using Windows 10 64 bit and the latest Firefox browser 101.0 64 bit could you please make a suggestion/s how to remove it...
  5. HEVC video has stuttered playback

HEVC video has stuttered playback: The problem persists for more than 2 years. It was in Windows 10, now it successfully migrated to the new Windows 11. Any video encoded in HEVC has stuttering playback like 10 frames play forward, then 5 goes back and the solution of this obviously awful codec error have not...
  6. HEVC video has stuttered playback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC video has stuttered playback: The problem persists for more than 2 years. It was in Windows 10, now it successfully migrated to the new Windows 11. Any video encoded in HEVC has stuttering playback like 10 frames play forward, then 5 goes back and the solution of this obviously awful codec error have not...
  7. Green and Purple Video Playback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Green and Purple Video Playback: Hello all,I am having an issue with video playback, any videos I play have a green and purple overlay. I updated my drivers and nothing changed. All online videos on browsers are working fine, only offline videos or captures have this weird overlay. I changed...
  8. green screen on playback

green screen on playback: why do i get green screen with WIN 10 after this last update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-screen-on-playback/b42fa82b-7192-4764-ae9c-41e38c5ff4ef
  9. sudden problem with video playback

in Browsers and Email
    sudden problem with video playback: I've had my share of problems with Windows 10 and video playback most of which I've resolved on my own. This is a new problem on a website, TMZ, that I watch every day. The error message says "click to enable adobe flash player" and of course when I click on it, nothing...
  10. Strange video playback issues, no clue why

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange video playback issues, no clue why: Hello guys, this is my first post here. I'm experiencing occasional stutter when watching 4K (even 720p/1080p @ 60 FPS) videos both on YouTube and files downloaded on my SSD, with MPC-HC. On YouTube (Chrome), I've been dropping frames on heavier videos. The likes of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. https://postimg.org/image/gclzphpjv/