Windows 10: Video problems after Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Video problems after Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Well, I spoke too soon. The videos played but then when I closed the browsers they won't play when I go back to them. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by willis364a, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Video problems after Windows 10 upgrade

Well, I spoke too soon. The videos played but then when I closed the browsers they won't play when I go back to them.

willis364a, Aug 7, 2015

2. Ok, I've made progress..... It seems the files I'm having issues with are MP4's shared via FB. I was able to download one of the videos and got it to run using all the video players I have installed except Windows Media Player, which after some research I find that it doesn't support MP4's without some codec changes.

So, I guess that for me this is solved. If I want to see videos my family and friends post as MP4's then I'll have to download them to the hard drive or view them on my phone.

willis364a, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Carri Win User
    I just updated Flash and Divx and found I had black screen Youtube videos and the same with Divx movies. Did alittle digging and figured out I had the codec for Open H264 disabled in Firefox and that was the problem. Hope this helps someone else. Sometimes, we create our own bugs. I had disabled that codec because I thought it was something I didn't need.

Carri, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

Video problems after Windows 10 upgrade

5. It doesn't, apparently media play or some other player besides quick time is the default in Chrome. I haven't found a place to change it, if I do I'll post the work around here.

willis364a, Aug 12, 2015
  6. Ok, my problem is fixed, at least with FB & Chrome. I found out that under the Chrome advanced settings there is (at least on my version of Chrome) an enable hardware acceleration option. Once I disabled this my videos are playing with no problem.

willis364a, Aug 14, 2015
  7. reset20 Win User
    Solution, I have to watch you tube on my windows vista laptop. It plays videos perfectly. Conclusion, I think this bug was inserted when they built adobe flash player into the browsers. I can get it to work using the old plug-in method. Microsoft and google needs to rewrite the browser software so adobe flash player will work with slower computers that suffer video crap out.

reset20, Aug 15, 2015
  8. Video problems after Windows 10 upgrade

From what I've read about Chrome, the next version will not support an Adobe plugin.

willis364a, Aug 15, 2015
  9. Snuggs7 Win User
    I am having the same issue. Find a fix yet?

Snuggs7, Aug 18, 2015
  10. If you're having the issue with Chrome, go into settings, advanced settings and scroll down the the bottom of the page. Look under the System heading (for me it's the 2nd heading from the bottom) and uncheck the 'use hardware acceleration when available' box, that fixed it for me.

willis364a, Aug 19, 2015
  11. I went to Edge, under options went to open page in explorer then you have to download silverlight that solved the problem for me.

russelltjohnson, Aug 19, 2015
  12. CAT
    cat Win User
    I have the problem that I can't open any video or pages with videos on like youtube.com.
    someone know what to do ???

13. Video problems after Windows 10 upgrade

disable hardware acceleration on your browser(s), also make sure you have update video players and codec's.

willis364a, Aug 28, 2015
  14. South Paw Win User
    It's hit and miss (mostly miss) with my video! Most times cannot get Netflix to play...audio is flawless. Netflix displays an error code saying Oops, there was an error with windows media (center.) Something like that, It did say Windows Media, I am certain of that.

Any ideas???

South Paw, Sep 1, 2015
  15. reset20 Win User
    I also noticed this error. Unable to decode codec during windows apps store video trailer. I pay 15.00 to download a movie and get an error. Cannot decode codec.

reset20, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

Video problems after Windows 10 upgrade

1. Video problems after Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Video problems upgrade

2. Problem with Windows 10 after upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Windows 10 after upgrade: Hi, Acer travel mate lap top upgraded to window 10 a few years ago. Windows 10 is a real pain. constantly losing wifi at the drop of a hat when ever I ask it to do a task. Have installed blue tooth usb device which worked well for a couple opf months then it start to...
  3. Problems after upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems after upgrade to windows 10: My installed ram has reduced to 2gb from 8gb after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1! I use virtual box to operate various operating systems but unable to do this due to lack of ram can you please help?...
  4. video and audio not working after upgrading to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    video and audio not working after upgrading to windows 10?: so to make a short story even shorter, I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 on an old laptop I have in an attempt to get it to work better. however, after updating, whenever I try to watch any type of video it just does not work. for instance, when I try to watch a youtube...
  5. Video/audio not working after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video/audio not working after Windows 10 upgrade: I recently upgraded from Windows 8 to 10. Now when I try to play videos, they sometimes either won't play at all, or will play extremely jittery. The audio sometimes doesn't work at all on the system. Sometimes both audio and video will work perfectly, but its very...
  6. Video playback skipping after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Video playback skipping after Windows 10 upgrade: I did a fresh format of Windows 10 on my laptop and ever since any video playback skips/stutters about every few minutes in VLC or Media Player. I have updated my graphics card, sound card, and am up to date on windows 10. I've seen other threads in other forums on this and...
  7. Problems with Desktop after upgradeing to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Desktop after upgradeing to Windows 10: I upgraded my Dell Insprion 11 laptop to Windows 10 today. Shortly after the upgrade, I rebooted. Now, my desktop will not display; only the tiles. I can see my background picture, but I cannot make the tiles move. Also, the screen on my laptop is supposed to reposition but...
  8. Problems after Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after Windows 10 Upgrade: I upgraded to Windows 10 three days ago and I now have innumerable problems. Firstly I can't open the start menu. If I right click on it I get the usual context menu but left clicking doesn't activate the new start menu. Secondly although I have the search bar I'm not able to...
  9. problems after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    problems after windows 10 upgrade: Hallo, I am having a couple of problems and I don't know if they are related or each needs to dealt with separately. I keep getting this message "the external tool disk defragmentation GUI could not be found for os windows unknown major release service pack 0...
  10. Video playback problems after upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Video playback problems after upgrade: After upgrading my laptop from Windows 7 to 10, video sound both native and streaming became distorted. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver to no avail. I then noticed that I was encountering the same problem whether I played audio through speakers plugged...