Windows 10: Video shut down/off

Discus and support Video shut down/off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have my monitor set to shut down 10 min after no activity, but it's not. I have checked the settings and it's set to shut off. What else do I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nementh, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Nementh Win User

Video shut down/off

I have my monitor set to shut down 10 min after no activity, but it's not. I have checked the settings and it's set to shut off. What else do I need to check?

:)

Nementh, Nov 2, 2017

2. W10 PreRelease Edge video response

I cant stop or exit Edge when it is streaming video. Holding down shut down/off button is not a sure way either. Oh and this editor keyboard response is words behind input

ChiriquiPanama, Nov 2, 2017
  3. Sudden Sleep modes and Shut downs

Ive been playing, reading, and watching videos on my computer.Ive seen how my computer shuts down and goes sleep modes all of a sudden. This keeps happening. Now, my computer is shutting down when I just turned it off. How do I fix this??????

Please reply quick!!!!!!

ElaisaFeliz, Nov 2, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Video shut down/off

Go to Start/Search and type power options and press enter. Click Change plan Settings/Change Advanced Power Settings.

spunk, Nov 2, 2017
  5. Nementh Win User
    Spunk, Yeah the setting are for 10 min.

Nementh, Nov 2, 2017
  6. What you probably have going on is some program in thje background that is causing a lot of usage so the computer never goes idle. Try checking your task manager and see if there are any programs that are using significant CPU in the background.

ArazelEternal, Nov 2, 2017
  7. Gordon7 Win User
    Try to restart your PC - and wait (make sure your mouse pointer are totally "dead" for those 10 min.)

Gordon7, Nov 2, 2017
  8. AndreTen Win User

Video shut down/off

Try to restore defaults for your power plan (same place in control panel) and then change it back.

AndreTen, Nov 3, 2017
  9. AndreTen Win User
    Can you post a picture of tasks? Running Processes (also startup processes). Never mind, is it's only 3%

AndreTen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Video shut down/off

1. Video shut down/off - Similar Threads - Video shut down

2. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  3. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  4. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Shuts down watching some videos.

Windows Shuts down watching some videos.: My Window 10 PC is shutting down when I watch certain videos. It could be YouTube or and MKV file. I have found one YouTube video that does it when I switch it from HD to 4k, but other than that it could happen on a video once and the next time it will play fine. I set my PC...
  6. Video shuts off - PC keeps running

Video shuts off - PC keeps running: Randomly the screens will say No signal and the only way the get them back is to reboot. This is on an upgrade and a new install on a new hard drive. All drivers and Windows up to date. Spent hours with NVidia support - nothing wrong found. OS Name Microsoft Windows 10...
  7. Computer turning off after shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning off after shut down: My computer first wouldn't come on now it turns on after shut down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turning-off-after-shut-down/d576c75f-55d2-44e8-bfde-1cc69a3f9b52
  8. Shut down/Power off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut down/Power off: I have an HP laptop with windows 10 home. When I choose start/shut down, it closes everything and screen goes blank, but won't power down (off). It used to work. I have to manually turn it off....
  9. Second monitor not shutting off with shut down.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor not shutting off with shut down.: Hello, First monitor : Asus PG27AQ via DisplayPort Second monitor : BenQ V2400W via HDMI Video card : Asus NVidia GTX 1080 OS : Windows 10 Pro 64 On Power down, the first monitor (ASUS) will shut off, but the second (BenQ) will not. Thank you for your assistance....
  10. Windows no longer shuts off video display

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows no longer shuts off video display: For some strange reason, Windows 10 will no longer turn off the monitor display. This is happening with only one of my computers and I have looked everywhere and every place I look, it is set to turn off display after 1 hr which is what I have it set to. Windows 10 is up to...