Windows 10: Video software to split MKV files

Discus and support Video software to split MKV files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there I've got a number of DVD RAM (Video-recorder) type RTAV files that I've converted to MKV on hard Disk. These are recorded as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Jul 19, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Video software to split MKV files

Hi there

I've got a number of DVD RAM (Video-recorder) type RTAV files that I've converted to MKV on hard Disk.

These are recorded as a continuous file . However sometimes I have 2 or 3 episodes in this file and would like to break the file up into the constituent episodes.

Any decent software around to do this. Preferably Free. I don't need to re-encode -- just split the file.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jul 19, 2015

2. MKV Player

why Nokia not create any application for *.mkv files .... in symbian belle devices ... i have Nokia N8 play 720p HD but i can't play mkv file and maximum HD print movie in mkv format

Nokia now time to change your old video player and add extra format ...... in Nokia 808 play 1080p but it also can't play *.mkv so embrassing ....

Nokia apps department do new and create app for *.mkv file or update *.mkv plugin for Nokia symbian belle video player ....

hope Nokia app development anyone software engineer work on these problem .... hope you engineer able to create software ...... if not recurit new engineer ...

vaibhav narain

nick4ubuddy, Jul 19, 2015
  3. HD Files

Thanks for reply..

But i want to inform u that i am receiving HD files(both pictures and videos) but not of format
    mkv.

Is there any way to play videos of mkv format??...any kind of player or software or apps to support these files..

Your reply shall be highly appreciated..

Thanks

Kunal Agrawal

kunalagrawal, Jul 19, 2015
  4. Vladimir Win User

Download Matroska Splitter v1.0.2.9 (open source) - AfterDawn: Software downloads

Downloading Matroska Splitter v1.0.2.9...

1. Unpack the files. Use the files from Release Unicode if you're running Windows XP/7/8+.

2. Copy DLL or AX files in system32 folder [ C:\Windows\System32 ]

3. To install the files, type: regsvr32 filename.dll or regsvr32 filename.ax

4. To uninstall them, use: regsvr32 -u filename.dll or regsvr32 -u filename.ax

That's interesting too: Advanced MPC-HC Setup Guide - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Hope it helps...

*Smile

Vladimir, Jul 19, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Thanks

I'm looking at Avidemux simply for splitting -- the COPY function doesn't re-encode (I don't want any re-encoding) and it will also handle mp4 files.

I thought of Matroska splitter --I'll try that if Avidemux doesn't work.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Video software to split MKV files - Similar Threads - Video software split

2. File Manager missing mkv video specs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Manager missing mkv video specs: i had to reinstall Windows 10 recently but with MKV files it no longer displays the specs in the Details Pane likeeg 1080 x 720 25fps bitrate HVEC all that info.all MP4 files display perfectly.can anybody help?...
  3. File Manager missing mkv video specs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Manager missing mkv video specs: i had to reinstall Windows 10 recently but with MKV files it no longer displays the specs in the Details Pane likeeg 1080 x 720 25fps bitrate HVEC all that info.all MP4 files display perfectly.can anybody help?...
  4. File Manager missing mkv video specs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Dark videos when reproducing MKV files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark videos when reproducing MKV files: Hi. ASUS Vivobook PRO, IntelR CoreTM i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, IntelR HD Graphics 630. Windows 11 Home, Version 22H2 Build 22621.2428. Drivers up-to-date. When I try to watch MKV videos on VLC, they look much darker than they should be. Not an application issue because I tried...
  6. Dark videos when reproducing MKV files

Dark videos when reproducing MKV files: Hi. ASUS Vivobook PRO, IntelR CoreTM i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, IntelR HD Graphics 630. Windows 11 Home, Version 22H2 Build 22621.2428. Drivers up-to-date. When I try to watch MKV videos on VLC, they look much darker than they should be. Not an application issue because I tried...
  7. Looking for a simple video splitting software

Looking for a simple video splitting software: Hi All, I am in search of a simple video splitting software like 'Windows Photos' - the default one which comes with Windows. The issue with the aforesaid is that after splitting up the required video file will have a size more than the original, where it should be lesser...
  8. Cannot delete downloaded mkv video file

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot delete downloaded mkv video file: I downloaded a video file some time ago and have not been able to delete it. The only thing that happens is that a colored line progresses along the top of the window, I assume to search, but the file does not go away, and waiting for an hour never sees the end of the search...
  9. Can't find ".mkv" videos

Can't find ".mkv" videos: Hi, I am having trouble with mkv files. When I copy a folder containing ".mkv" video to my laptop, only the folder get pasted. There is no video in it. What is the problem and how can I fix this?...
  10. mkv files

mkv files: was backing up a bluray disc to mkv using handbrake. some files i could play and others I could not, why? Played back on windows media player. any help would be graciously appreciated...