Windows 10: Video streaming failed with unsupported video type error

Discus and support Video streaming failed with unsupported video type error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello tenforums members, I upgraded my Lenovo U310 laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 a week ago. Everything seems to have upgraded successfully.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by garfieldltd, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Video streaming failed with unsupported video type error

Hello tenforums members,
    I upgraded my Lenovo U310 laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 a week ago. Everything seems to have upgraded successfully. The only problem that I can find is that none of the video streaming from Windows 10 apps can be played. I get an error 'Unsupported video type or invalid file path' when I click on a video article in USA Today or when I try to stream video from any other apps, NBC News, MSN Money, etc... from Windows 10 store.

I have no issue streaming videos from any of the browser though. What could be missing that could cause video streaming to fail? I would appreciate any suggestions or comments. Thanks.

:)

garfieldltd, Aug 13, 2015
  2. JPinches Win User

Video Won't Play, error Unsupported video type or invalid file path

Hello. Has anyone found the solution outside of video driver and sound enhancement disabling? Soon as Windows 10 Anniversary update installed I lost video in all Windows apps. Desktop and browser videos are fine. Something in the update broke app videos.

I've uninstalled Twitter app and deleted all "Packages" folders and files, reset Store and reinstalled with no success. Not very excited about doing another Windows 10 update to reinstall the OS since I have no idea if that will work in the end. Everything
    else works fine on the machine. SFC scan showed no corruption.

JPinches, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Video Won't Play, error Unsupported video type or invalid file path

Hi Leviakan,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

1. Does the issue occur with a particular video file or file types?

2. On which all apps are you facing this issue?

3. Are you facing issue with videos saved on the computer or online videos?

Reply with required details which will help us to analyze and assist you in a better way.

Geethu B, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Video streaming failed with unsupported video type error

Hi,
    I was able to resolve the issue by disabling all hardware enhancements for Conexant Smartaudio HD. Here are the steps I took to resolve it, in case someone else runs into the same frustrating problem as I did: Right click on the speaker icon on the lower right hand corner -> Playback Devices -> Disable all hardware enhancements -> OK -> Reboot. That's it!

garfieldltd, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Video streaming failed with unsupported video type error

1. Video streaming failed with unsupported video type error - Similar Threads - Video streaming failed

2. Streaming videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streaming videos: For the last week or so, when I try to play a video in both the OperaGX and Chrome browser, they will freeze for up to a few minutes before playing. The videos will also freeze if I pause them for more than a minute or so, but if I only pause the video for a few seconds, I...
  3. Streaming videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Streaming videos: For the last week or so, when I try to play a video in both the OperaGX and Chrome browser, they will freeze for up to a few minutes before playing. The videos will also freeze if I pause them for more than a minute or so, but if I only pause the video for a few seconds, I...
  4. Streaming video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Streaming video: Due to self isolation I am unable to see my Son, we used to meet up twice a week to watch videos together ( currently Viking’s and Walking Dead ) Can anyone suggest a program ( or method ) whereby I can play the video and my Son can watch it at the same time at his home,...
  5. Streaming Videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Streaming Videos: I cannot play videos that are included in an email OR videos in my FB feed disappear as soon as I scroll down to them and are "blurred" out I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and Windows 10 installed; ANY help and/or information is greatly appreciated Thank you...
  6. Error Unsupported video type or invalid path on Moviemaker10 Pro

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error Unsupported video type or invalid path on Moviemaker10 Pro: I got an error when trying to use Moviemaker10 Pro. Error: Unsupported video type or invalid path. I have not changed anything on this computer and all of a sudden a few weeks ago the Moviemaker program looks different on my computer. I also uninstalled and installed the...
  7. Video Playback Settings Error in Display Field: Error: unsupported video type or invalid...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video Playback Settings Error in Display Field: Error: unsupported video type or invalid...: Hello, Just got this laptop, the Videoplay Back Settings indicate the following message in place of the display screen that should show whether you're video settings were okay. And, I cannot use YouTube in my Explore Edge web browser. What should I do to make sure my...
  8. Fix Unsupported video type or invalid file path error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Unsupported video type or invalid file path error: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Some servers don’t have an associated MIME type to support MP4 files. As such, they fail to play MP4 files. To correct this, you’ll need to configure the MP4 MIME type in IIS. This tutorial walks you through the process [...] This post Fix Unsupported video...
  9. streaming video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    streaming video: Hi. I am running windows 10 and want to stream the video on my PC with my TV which are both on the same network. I had used Samsung smart view but even that has stopped since I updated to 10. I have tried to add the TV to my home group but that doesn`t work either. Any...
  10. Streaming Videos

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Streaming Videos: I'm having a problem with my laptop streaming videos. It is taking a very long time to download them and they play for less than a minute and pause to download more. a small video is taking 10 minutes or longer view. There is very little in my cache. 22995

Users found this page by searching for:

1. video playback settings in windows 10 www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. error unsupported video type or file path in youtube downloader app windows 10