Windows 10: Video Stutters/No Audio When Connected to a Second Screen

Discus and support Video Stutters/No Audio When Connected to a Second Screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I'm having this problem on a new Alienware. First off I'd just like to say I hate it. I hate Dell, their products and their customer service.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Adlez, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Adlez Win User

Video Stutters/No Audio When Connected to a Second Screen

Hello. I'm having this problem on a new Alienware. First off I'd just like to say I hate it. I hate Dell, their products and their customer service. They suck.
    On this new Alienware, Windows 10 OS, almost everything works great.
    My screen flashes black and sometimes stays black until I hit Alt+Tab when I open a folder, or when nothing moves on screen for a while (I both disabled the screensaver and enabled it to turn on after 30 minutes and that doesn't do anything to fix it). I say this because it might help diagnose the problem I want solved.
    The problem I'm here for is this: When I connect an HDMI cable to the back of the laptop and the other end to my TV and try to play a video, it doesn't work. (For clarification all video and audio works fine when not using the TV as a second screen.)
    In Windows Media Player, Media Player Classic and the Default media player windows 10 wants to use, the Video stutters and there is no audiocoming out of the TV. In VLC the video is fine but there is no audio coming out of the TV. I can use my laptop's speakers and have the video play in VLC just fine, but no audio will come through the TV.
    I've been through a bunch of forums and threads, updated all the drivers, defragged my drive, tried other videos and .mp3's. I used my older Alienware (Windows 10 Insider Preview) and it worked perfectly fine.

So please, someone, tell me what to do to figure this out, or if you know, tell me so I can fix it.

**Edit
    "Cast to Device", streaming a video to my Xbox One works fine too.

:)

Adlez, Sep 15, 2015
  2. Doug108 Win User

Windows media player has choppy video in beginning with Win 10 upgrade

When I click on a video my media player opens up and the first few seconds are choppy then it stabilizes. Some videos will freeze with rainbow lines and a negative color and the audio will continue but stutter and hang up, repeating the last second or
    2 of the audio but no video progression.

Doug108, Sep 15, 2015
  3. Choppy Bluetooth Audio

Hi Dennis,

Just out of curiousity, does the audio start stuttering as soon as you connect your headphones, or do your headphones work just fine for a while and sometimes they will suddenly be stuttering?

Also, while stuttering do you notice things like YouTube videos stuttering in addition to the audio stuttering as well?

In my own experience I've noticed that internet videos stutter in addition to the audio stuttering (I mean just the videos, the programs themselves and my mouse and everything else are working just fine), and the stuttering doesn't start right away. Some
    times it happens some times it doesn't.

Recently I haven't experienced stuttering. However, I don't know if the issur has actually been fixed or if that is just a coincidence.

GenericalUser, Sep 15, 2015
Thema:

Video Stutters/No Audio When Connected to a Second Screen

1. Video Stutters/No Audio When Connected to a Second Screen - Similar Threads - Video Stutters Audio

2. mouse stutters every few seconds, videos and audio seem to be fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse stutters every few seconds, videos and audio seem to be fine: I'm going mad trying to find the root of this bloody problem. I don't understand what's up with it really- Just yesterday i was using my computer just fine, when it began stuttering like so, I didn't do anything suspicious and i've tried updating everything. Looked up in...
  3. mouse stutters every few seconds, videos and audio seem to be fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse stutters every few seconds, videos and audio seem to be fine: I'm going mad trying to find the root of this bloody problem. I don't understand what's up with it really- Just yesterday i was using my computer just fine, when it began stuttering like so, I didn't do anything suspicious and i've tried updating everything. Looked up in...
  4. mouse stutters every few seconds, videos and audio seem to be fine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Audio Buzzing/Video Stuttering every half second Windows 10

Audio Buzzing/Video Stuttering every half second Windows 10: Hello, this issue first started appearing about 3 weeks ago after the latest windows update. When the issue occurs, the audio buzzes and video stutters briefly every half second. This issue persists until I restart my computer. After restarting, the issue may begin happening...
  6. PC stuttering every 2 seconds with audio and video issues.

PC stuttering every 2 seconds with audio and video issues.: Since the windows 10 update half of September my computer keeps stuttering every 2 seconds. The first update a few weeks ago was fixed with a new update a few hours after with me checking for it every 10 minutes. Second time it was the same. 3th time there are no new updates...
  7. Video and audio stuttering

Video and audio stuttering: I recently bought a brand new pc - AMD Ryzen 9 3900X AM4 Tray Corsair DDR 4 64G 32Gx2 3200 CL16 Vengeance LPX CMK64GX4M2E3200C16 Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4 CPU Cooler Special Edition for AM4 Asus PRIME X570-PRO A-DATA SSD 2TB XPG Spectrix S40G RGB M.2 2280 Corsair iCUE 465X RGB...
  8. Video Stutter/Audio Buzz

Video Stutter/Audio Buzz: For the past couple of weeks I have been getting stuttering video and a buzz in the audio. It started with listening to Spotify, the audio with just buzz for a few seconds then the PC would crash, no blue screen it would just restart. The reboots have stopped, but now the...
  9. Video Stutter/Buzz In Audio

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Stutter/Buzz In Audio: For the past couple of weeks I have been getting stuttering video and a buzz in the audio. It started with listening to Spotify, the audio with just buzz for a few seconds then the PC would crash, no blue screen it would just restart. The reboots have stopped, but now the...
  10. Win10 Audio and video stutter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Audio and video stutter: Hi, I have tried everything and have not found a solution. About a week ago I played around with the Windows audio enhancements while listening to youtube videos - no issues from that. Then, with my HDD running very slowly (has been for a while), I installed Acronis True...