Windows 10: Video TDR Failure "nvlddmkm.sys" BSOD

Discus and support Video TDR Failure "nvlddmkm.sys" BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I too am having completely random BSOD's after upgrading to win 10. I don't remember having any crashes with Win 7. Have ran it for many years. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bhickman, May 7, 2016.

1. bhickman Win User

Video TDR Failure "nvlddmkm.sys" BSOD

I too am having completely random BSOD's after upgrading to win 10. I don't remember having any crashes with Win 7. Have ran it for many years. I've uninstalled the video drivers, downloaded the latest drivers from Nvidia web site (although I'm not convinced these are for my particular cards; my models weren't specifically listed), and reinstalled the drivers. I removed one of the video cards and tried again with the same results. I resorted to just one monitor with the same results...crashes. So if it's not my video cards, or any of my three monitors, what is it? This is my second attempt at Win 10. The first time I just wiped out my Win 10 rig and started over with Win 7. After all, I had my Win 7 backup; I could simply just reinstall the Win 7, go to my backup and restore the latest save. NOPE! It wouldn't work. I LOST EVERYTHING. So, I started over with Win 7 and downloaded a program, GWX Control Panel, to disable the Win 10 notifications. Again, Win 7 ran just as reliable as it did before. But, I liked the feel and look of 10. The little bit of time I spent with it, it grew on me. So...I decided to give it another try, and this time I want it to work as well, if not better, than 7.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

bhickman, May 7, 2016

2. PC restarts whenever I select an image to enlarge. Error: Video TDR Failure

Using Bing. "Video TDR Failure" I have the latest drivers.

CalvinMacon, May 7, 2016
  3. BSOD video TDR failure (nvlddmkm.sys)

More information:

I downloaded an update for the new driver for the GeForce 9800 GT card and thought it had fixed the problem for 2 days but then it started again. It becomes more frequent as time goes on as if it's feeding on itself.

ElizabethEstep, May 7, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi bhickman,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Please visit the support page of ASUS to install the most recent BIOS version, it may help improve system stability.
    P5N-T Deluxe | Motherboards | ASUS Global

In what slots are the graphics card seated?

axe0, May 7, 2016
  5. bhickman Win User
    Thank you; Slots 1 and 3. ASUS doesn't offer anything for Win 10 OS. 1702 is as close as I can get?

bhickman, May 7, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    I know, but it is an update which may help *Smile

If a BIOS update doens't help then it is either a drivers issue or some software conflicting.

axe0, May 7, 2016
  7. bhickman Win User
    I've been tinkering around with the ASUS web site, my original motherboard driver cd, and online searches; my cd disk software doesn't work anymore. There isn't an updated utility for the BIOS flash that I've used in the past. I don't have a floppy drive installed (although I guess I could set one up) for the flash. I'm kinda stuck in a loop of going nowhere here.

bhickman, May 7, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

You may be able to flash the BIOS by booting in the BIOS and update in the BIOS, you may have to use a USB or something to copy the .BIN on.

axe0, May 7, 2016
  9. bhickman Win User
    Yeah, I'll check it out to see what I can do.

bhickman, May 7, 2016
  10. bhickman Win User
    Okay. I've updated the Bios to 1702. Now I guess time will tell if the issues are fixed. I'll have to try and stress the system to see what happens.

bhickman, May 7, 2016
  11. bhickman Win User
    Still as unpredictable as it was, except, the crashes seem to be less frequent. Now, though, the system as a whole is acting weird...sometimes when the pc reboots, the Num Lock is off - Bios is set for On; the USB devices won't work - unless you unplug them and then plug them back in; Maybe the computer won't boot at all and has to have the power completely shut off and on to be restarted. I don't know, just odd, random, events.

bhickman, May 16, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Have all these events happened simultaneously?

13. lifetec Win User

Do you know if you use "fast start up" on your system.
    Here is some background info The Pros and Cons of Windows 10 Mode
    You could try to turn off fast start up and test how you system works.

lifetec, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Video TDR Failure "nvlddmkm.sys" BSOD - Similar Threads - Video TDR Failure

2. BSOD - Video TDR Failure - igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Video TDR Failure - igdkmd64.sys: I'm running into an endless loop of bizzare screen flickering and screen resizing and finally ending up in a BSOD and restart. This is happening only when I connect my laptop HDMI port to a new 32" LG monitor NVIDIA G-Sync 32GN63T. This doesn't happen when I connect the HDMI...
  3. BSOD - Video TDR Failure - igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Video TDR Failure - igdkmd64.sys: I'm running into an endless loop of bizzare screen flickering and screen resizing and finally ending up in a BSOD and restart. This is happening only when I connect my laptop HDMI port to a new 32" LG monitor NVIDIA G-Sync 32GN63T. This doesn't happen when I connect the HDMI...
  4. BSOD - Video TDR Failure - igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. igdkmdn64.sys TDR Video Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    igdkmdn64.sys TDR Video Failure: Need help with this driver issue, The device was working well before the hdd died and it is unrecoverable. This code i am not getting anything on it., i found for the igdkmd64.sys but not for the igdkmdn64.sys....
  6. igdkmdn64.sys TDR Video Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    igdkmdn64.sys TDR Video Failure: Need help with this driver issue, The device was working well before the hdd died and it is unrecoverable. This code i am not getting anything on it., i found for the igdkmd64.sys but not for the igdkmdn64.sys....
  7. igdkmdn64.sys TDR Video Failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Video TDR Failure igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video TDR Failure igdkmd64.sys: Hello! Recently whenever I've been trying to play Valorant, but every time I hop into the game I keep getting the blue screen of death that says Video TDR Failure. It's really quite annoying, and I'm concerned that it means that my computer model is insufficient for my...
  9. video tdr failure igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video tdr failure igdkmd64.sys: Hello! My laptop screen goes black every 5-10 seconds, its performance has drastically reduced ando occasionally i get a blue screen with the error in the title of the question. Disabling the Intel graphics adapter helps, but then i can't play most of my video games due to...
  10. VIDEO TDR FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    VIDEO TDR FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys): I have the minidumps uploaded already they happened today https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvFsnLdTcUreg9cbpExrguEYwaeqyg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/video-tdr-failure-igdkmd64sys/7a765ab1-0ace-4b25-bac4-976c8b789d52